• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Sorry to say that I see this differently. I watched the newscast, and I agree that the media went way overboard on this, but...

The Clown, and I mean this in every sense, went to the poll with his gun on display and was well aware that the open carry would cause an issue.
    Me? I went to my polling place too, and I was carrying also. But mine was concealed...I voted and left.
    I maintain that those who carry openly are attention seekers. Maybe they don't get enough attention at home.
    It has been my experience that those who most often carry openly are the newly licensed youngsters who want to strut and show off and say to the world, "Hey...Look at me! I have a gun on my belt and I want you to see it!"

They are silly fools. Immature.

The Brady campaign loves people like you.

They hate those of us who OC because they fear we are trying to "normalize" guns in our society. Imagine that, not having people cower in fear over seeing a gun on an American citizen's hip.

We may seek attention, not for self, but our cause.

Fact Sheet: Open Carry movement seeks to

There are several videos on Youtube where the Brady camp discusses this around the Starbucks debate.

I'm happy you carry, but don't chastise those of us who go a step further to remind or educate American's that they actually HAVE A RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    wonder if that might prompt a vehicle search, lol

If the possession of an inanimate, non-mechanical leather or plastic object whose sole purpose is to hold something up and is not illegal to possess ANYWHERE in the United States prompts a vehicle search, (and you aren't doing something strange to attract attention and make people suspicious,) I feel that you would have a very good case against whoever searches your car.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

They hate those of us who OC because they fear we are trying to "normalize" guns in our society. Imagine that, not having people cower in fear over seeing a gun on an American citizen's hip.

There are several videos on Youtube where the Brady camp discusses this around the Starbucks debate.

I'm happy you carry, but don't chastise those of us who go a step further to remind or educate American's that they actually HAVE A RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.

Of course they dont have a comments page to call them on their BS.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'll tell you what, it's threads like this, seeing Kirk and Guy talking about defending our legal rights has me wanting to figure out a way to go to law school in the evenings, just to add another person to the fight!

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    How does one "Enforce" the Bill of Rights? Shouldn't he be "Protecting" that instead?

I think what is meant is the Sheriff is to "enforce" the Bill of Rights upon government to protect citizens from the violating our rights. I didn't completed read the website but I did read something about this position and power that Sheriff's have recently. If I have time tomorrow I will follow up.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I think what is meant is the Sheriff is to "enforce" the Bill of Rights upon government to protect citizens from the violating our rights. I didn't completed read the website but I did read something about this position and power that Sheriff's have recently. If I have time tomorrow I will follow up.

Kinda like the Sheriff in IN that wrote to the FDA that if they showed up at the dairy farmers place again without a warrant, him and his men would remove and/or arrest them.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011

Someone should tell these people that there is a name for what they are experiencing, and there is treatment available.

http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/hoplophobia/symptoms/

HOPLOPHOBIA? Immediate Expert Help for Hoplophobia

Of course they dont have a comments page to call them on their BS.

They may not have a comments section, but I did send them an email:

I am very sorry about what you are experiencing. I do understand that these things can be very difficult to deal with, but you don't have to go through it alone. There is a word for what you're experiencing, and there is treatment available:

http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/hoplophobia/symptoms/

http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/hoplophobia/

If you have any additional questions, or simply need someone to talk with concerning your affliction, feel free to contact me. We are here for you, and we're more than willing to lend an ear and help you to work through this.

All our love,

Law Abiding Gun Owners

I know, I'm a softy. I just feel so much for the people suffering from this mental affliction.

Last edited:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    .......Since when do we have a constitutional right to be comfortable?

Haven't you heard about OWS? Or BHO's wealth distribution plans?

According to them, everyone has a right to be comfortable.....at your expense.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I'll tell you what, it's threads like this, seeing Kirk and Guy talking about defending our legal rights has me wanting to figure out a way to go to law school in the evenings, just to add another person to the fight!

You would be absorbed into the Collective. Resistance is futile.

A couple of folks make it through unscathed, but don't count on it.

Top Bottom