• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    From the sound of it, he's done this many times before. He didn't want you around to intervene or overbid him and he knew that if he offered money quickly and didn't give her time to think about it he'd get away with it. One day it'll backfire on him.

Why yes, I'm sure it will

:ar15::ar15::ar15:

:stretcher:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    From the sound of it, he's done this many times before. He didn't want you around to intervene or overbid him and he knew that if he offered money quickly and didn't give her time to think about it he'd get away with it. One day it'll backfire on him.

Why yes, I'm sure it will

:ar15::ar15::ar15:

:stretcher:

I hope you guys are right! He was so slick.... I'm sure he does it all the time!!! He's a pro!

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I dunno, most people don't have guns backfire. that usually only happens to cars.

what a douche canoe. that is definitely theft. the fact that he left a $50 tip does not cover the fact that he took something without paying the price agreed to by the seller.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Definitely sounds like theft to me. If that happened to me I'd be getting the guy's license plate and calling the police.

Of course I'd probably have been openly carrying if that was my sale, so he probably would have gone off to find an easier target. ;)

Last edited:

jsheets1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Portage NWI
    I have never thought about asking that question at a garage sale, maybe I should. As for the guy in question, what a jerk. I probably would have bulled my way in to see the gun. Don't beat yourself up though, she at least got something for it, who knows maybe it was only worth that.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have never thought about asking that question at a garage sale, maybe I should. As for the guy in question, what a jerk. I probably would have bulled my way in to see the gun. Don't beat yourself up though, she at least got something for it, who knows maybe it was only worth that.

How many 40-50 year old rifles are only worth $50

Top Bottom