Man rushes 5-year-old boy playing outside, and executes him.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    We already won, on a sacrifice play

ok.gif

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I don't disagree in the least, but as little as 20-something years ago, we did not have instant reporting of everything that happened everywhere, so I would submit that the average person had no idea what was going on across the country unless it dealt with politics or celebrities. These were, largely, local stories.

So reading and watching the boob tube brings out the crazies in todays rapid social media society?
    I'm not so sure about that, so many were locked away with the State or private hospitals long before they were adults.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Where are the protests and riots for the most innocent among us, who are murdered in cold blood?

No one in charge of the big citys care about the children that are shot and killed every week in Chicago, Detroit, NYC, Baltimore and others... Its painfully obvious that they dont care.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I seem to remember a FBI stat that said the number of child murders/kidnappings were WAY down compared to the 1960 through the early 80's. (It might have been actual numbers, not a percentage)

We hardly ever heard of them back then but now each and every one is plastered on the news minutes after it's discovered.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I am amazed how many of my "friends" on book of faces posted all about Floyd and Systemic Racism, etc., but completely silent on this. Is it they don't know about it, because it's not been all over the lame stream media, or are they to big of cowards to say anything, because they'll be accused of racism?

Ya'll I'm sick of the racism card, Antifa, BLM, etc..

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What does one have to do with the other?

Do you really think the George Floyd reaction was all about the killing, or something else?

THIS, is all about the killing.

While this evil execution has gone viral...among more conservative types, no one on social media seems to care about this:

https://abc7chicago.com/$10k-reward-offered-in-toddlers-shooting-death-in-hammond/6368767/

...or any of the numerous innocent children killed by gang violence in Chicago.

Why is that?

Last edited:

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Maybe it is partly because there was video of what happened to Floyd, that made it an outrage initially. With this little boy and girl no actual record of them being killed, just people standing before a microphone describing what happened, a couple of pictures, crying family members, the impact isn't the same.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So reading and watching the boob tube brings out the crazies in todays rapid social media society?
    I'm not so sure about that, so many were locked away with the State or private hospitals long before they were adults.
    No. It just lets you learn about things you never heard about in the past.

I seem to remember a FBI stat that said the number of child murders/kidnappings were WAY down compared to the 1960 through the early 80's. (It might have been actual numbers, not a percentage)

We hardly ever heard of them back then but now each and every one is plastered on the news minutes after it's discovered.
    This is exactly the point. If it can be sensationalized and fits a narrative, it will make the news 24x7.

This country is a safer place to live than it was 40 years ago. Sadly, it is not portrayed that way.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    What is NOT mentioned is this little boy was executed in front of his siblings. Think of what they are going thru.
    While killings of kids in those inner city Democrat controlled cities is tragic. It is black on black crime tied to control of the lucrative drug trade.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Let's face facts. The George Floyd thing is about him being a symbol for a perceived injustice visited upon an entire class of people. It is not really about the one man. Causes about groups go wide quickly and that makes sense, even if an analysis of the killing itself does not provide any real evidence of racial motivation.

Speaking of no evidence of racial motivation, as to the child, Cannon, it's a one-off murder with not even an arguable connection to some greater cause or pattern. These stories always get less coverage...which, again, makes sense.

These two killings are completely unrelated.

...but the non-sequitur nature of how the child's killing has gone viral as some sort of weird counterpoint to George Floyd while several black kids are tragically gunned down with almost no coverage (and media coverage is the ..."point"?), in my opinion, makes those sharing and sharing an sharing posts about Cannon look like, well....come to you own conclusions.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Let's face facts. The George Floyd thing is about him being a symbol for a perceived injustice visited upon an entire class of people. It is not really about the one man. Causes about groups go wide quickly and that makes sense, even if an analysis of the killing itself does not provide any real evidence of racial motivation.

Speaking of no evidence of racial motivation, as to the child, Cannon, it's a one-off murder with not even an arguable connection to some greater cause or pattern. These stories always get less coverage...which, again, makes sense.

...but the non-sequitur nature of how the child's killing has gone viral as some sort of weird counterpoint to George Floyd while several black kids are tragically gunned down with almost no coverage (and media coverage is the ..."point"?), in my opinion, makes those sharing and sharing an sharing posts about Cannon look like, well....come to you own conclusions.
    Take Floyd out of the equation. Now flip the races of the murderer and victim. Do you think the media would have the same lack of interest in the story?

If no, that was the point I saw trying to be made.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't think that this was necessarily related to the racial violence going on. I doubt the sanity of the shooter. It's reported that he's been on drugs and has hallucinations. I haven't seen any evidence that it's racially motivated. Under normal circumstances (well, what would have been "normal" 20 years ago) if the media reported on this story at all, it would just have been newsworthy because of the event itself. That really should be the story's only value, that a man who was apparently mentally ill murdered a child in front of his siblings. Maybe that makes the national news. But now, depending on which races are involved, that story is either broadcast in wall to wall 24/7 coverage for a week, or it isn't.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom