• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    I was surprised I didn't see anything about this on here, but here it is for those around my area...UPDATE: Police investigate Camby shooting as attempted murder-su - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Article was posted at 5:44, I was at the store at 5:15...way too close for comfort. Thankfully the husband didn't decide to take more people with him, but the wife is in critical condition.

I wasn't carrying at the time (shame on me, I know) but this served as a wake up call...30 seconds to strap your gun on, even for a routine 5 minute trip, could prevent a lifetime of grief.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was surprised I didn't see anything about this on here, but here it is for those around my area...UPDATE: Police investigate Camby shooting as attempted murder-su - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Article was posted at 5:44, I was at the store at 5:15...way too close for comfort. Thankfully the husband didn't decide to take more people with him, but the wife is in critical condition.

I wasn't carrying at the time (shame on me, I know) but this served as a wake up call...30 seconds to strap your gun on, even for a routine 5 minute trip, could prevent a lifetime of grief.

Or a VERY short lifetime. I'm down there all the time as well. "but there is nothing to worry about. Its a nice neighborhood!" Bull.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    Especially when both parties agree to violate it, assuming that's what happened here.

"The couple had a history of domestic violence, according to investigators, and had a no contact order. For some reason, they decided to meet Monday evening anyway."

Sounds like even the writer is confused at the ignorance...maybe one followed the other? That may make more sense than both parties willfully ignoring the order :dunno:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This is part of the reason that, if I'm dressed, I'm carrying - inside the home, outside the home, wherever.

I hope the woman recovers fully.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    "The couple had a history of domestic violence, according to investigators, and had a no contact order. For some reason, they decided to meet Monday evening anyway."

Sounds like even the writer is confused at the ignorance...maybe one followed the other? That may make more sense than both parties willfully ignoring the order :dunno:
    People do it all the time....it's extremely common.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Terrible situation all around.

More proof that a protective order is nothing more than a piece of paper.

In this case? Sure.

In other cases, it allows for the police to come an remove someone before things go sideways, violently. It's not magic, but neither is a gun. Having both makes agreat deal of sense in many circumstances.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I don't think anyone carrying could have changed the outcome of this.

It might have helped the wife, if she'd been carrying.

And it might have helped innocent bystanders, if the husband had decided to try to take a few more with him on his way out.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    This sucks.

About 7-8 years ago we had a guy about 5 doors down who shot his girl friend then shot himself. She survived. He did not. I hope she survives.

Prayers going out to her and her family.

Top Bottom