Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Sounds like there could be more to it, eh?

Yeah, from these parts:
    At least a dozen police cars arrived on the scene and officers appeared to spend most of their time in the garage. The shooting, however, took place in the house...

Around two hours after the accident happened, several people could be seen loading bags into a SUV and leaving.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I see you are new to INGO. Haven't you heard? The Four Rules are outdated. It's OK to point at gun at yourself because the Four Rules are old and busted.

Horrific incident, thought and prayers for the family.

For the rest of us, the Four Rules will save your life and those around you. Let's listen again to the man that painted the signs:

Clint Smith on Gun Safety - YouTube

Good video

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Seems like there's other forms of insurance fraud to try that don't involve killing yourself.

Insurance fraud isn't the motivation. Its wanting to commit suicide, but still wanting the insurance for your survivors. I have no idea about this particular case, but sometimes when you see crashes where someone just drives into a tree at 100mph + you have to wonder if they weren't punching out on their own terms but still wanting the pay out for the ones they left behind.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Insurance fraud isn't the motivation. Its wanting to commit suicide, but still wanting the insurance for your survivors. I have no idea about this particular case, but sometimes when you see crashes where someone just drives into a tree at 100mph + you have to wonder if they weren't punching out on their own terms but still wanting the pay out for the ones they left behind.

Interesting.

Daggy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    South Bend
    I think most life insurance policies deny payout if the holder commits suicide within a year or two of the policy issue date. If the guy has signed into a policy within the last couple of years, he could be trying to preserve the payout to his loved ones indeed.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Well at least the purchaser knows the gun works. He won't get gyped on the deal. Terrible way to demonstrate the gun though. Actually a bad deal for the family, and a lesson reiterated for all of us here.

Top Bottom