• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Supposedly man with gun on campus. Sitting in class doors locked. Basically on lockdown at ball state. would feel better if i could carry gun mass text sent to students. Text was not specific no updates in 20 min since text sent.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    maybe someone should tell them that it is not illegal? I sure would like to know the legality of doing a cordon and search of a property for something that isnt even illegal. :dunno:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    So, OP, when your class ends, who / what would stop you from getting up, leaving, and going about the rest of your day?

-J-

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The newspaper article reads like he was just out for a stroll while OCing, but mentions in the last sentence or so that he had the gun in his hand. If that is true, it would elevate the issue to a degree.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    So, OP, when your class ends, who / what would stop you from getting up, leaving, and going about the rest of your day?

-J-

You might want to just get out of there and go home for the day. Lockdown means sitting duck if it's ever real.

I wonder what "they" would do if you just upped and left the locked room you're in.

Would any kind of "confinement" be illegal if you decided you didn't want to be there?

"Am I being detained?" :n00b:

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I understand the show of force to correct a situation should this really be one. (mass shooting) BUT here in Indiana it is lot illegal to carry a firearm on a college campus, it is only against the university policy for students and staff. If I'm walking down the sidewalk oc'ing there is no reason to call out the dogs in full force.

I'd be far more worried about someone 1-2 blocks away with a rifle than someone on a sidewalk and a holstered handgun.

Another example of putting attention where it's not the most critical.

dangar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    New Castle, IN
    "The man had no discernible threatening behavior, nor did he appear to be walking toward any specific building. It appeared he had a handgun in his left hand. "

With DST, it was still fairly dark here on campus at the time. If really a gun and unholstered, then I understand the alert. But with the darkness and chance of rain, there's a good chance it was an umbrella. Obviously hoping for the latter.[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    "Appeared" to have gun in hand. Could be anything at this point including a half-eaten Pop-Tart. If this turns out to be another "OC just because I can" display, I only wish people would consider what is at stake for all gun owners and citizens in general before choosing to walk around with their 2A rights on public display like it's their genitalia. Legal? Sure. Advisable? Not at the moment.
    Those who are so inclined, flame away. It's another of our rights.:flamethrower:
    :ugh:

Last edited:

Indycobalt19

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I know quite a few people on the bsu campus and i've been texting them quite a bit this morning to see how things are doing and everyone of them says everything is fine and there is not a lot is going on. They just say that they see police patrolling more than usual. Most of the people I was texting didn't even get out of their dorm to go to class after they got the first alert.

*As of 9:49 am the lockdown is lifted*

Top Bottom