• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    i cant see how the first judge threw it out just because it wasnt like slavery back in the day i dont think he should be a judge.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The moron doesn't have a leg to stand on:

AMENDMENT XIII

SECTION 1.

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

SECTION 2.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The moron doesn't have a leg to stand on:

AMENDMENT XIII

SECTION 1.

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

SECTION 2.

Perhaps you missed the part where he was still awaiting trial.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    This guy needs to win this lawsuit.
    There's no reason to treat someone awaiting trial as if they had already been convicted. I would have no sympathy if the guy was eventually convicted .... but he wasn't.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    From the comment section:

Shovel ready job.....
    27 min ago

Wonder if this counts as one of obama's green jobs--saved or created:n00b: :laugh:

Seriously, I agree that you are innocent until proven guilty. Other than minimal chores such as those required to help maintain sanitary conditions, punishment type labor should be reserved until a conviction is made.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Luke, Drag-line, the Captain, and the man with no eyes would have had a field day with him. Put him in the box for a few days.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    wait how do they "force" you to work. you can just sit down and refuse. Are they going to beat you till you work. Lock you up in jail? Even so you can still choose to not work. Short of them stringing you up like a puppet...

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    wait how do they "force" you to work. you can just sit down and refuse. Are they going to beat you till you work. Lock you up in jail? Even so you can still choose to not work. Short of them stringing you up like a puppet...

Like this:

Prison officials threatened to put McGarry "in the hole," where inmates are shackled and locked up for 23 hours per day in solitary confinement, if he refused to work, he said.
    You have me wondering if you read the linked article, or if this is just the first step in a 50-step program.

Welcome to INGO.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Yea solitary confinement is bad but you still have a choice. Given the same "choice" I cant say what I would do but plotting revenge would be somewhere in there.

chris46131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Franklin
    I'm all for prison work programs and i love a good roadside chain gang, but come on, you have to actually convict a guy first. Seriously, how do you forget that part of the equation?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was forced to clean erasers and the blackboard back in elementary school... I wonder if there is any money to be made.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I was forced to clean erasers and the blackboard back in elementary school... I wonder if there is any money to be made.

I had a teacher that would throw erasers at you if you were not paying attention.....$$$$$$$$$$

He hit one kid in the head that was sleeping, kid looked like a skunk afterward. :):

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    AMENDMENT XIII

SECTION 1.

SECTION 2.

Damned Constitutional guarantees always getting in the way.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I had a teacher that would throw erasers at you if you were not paying attention.....$$$$$$$$$$

He hit one kid in the head that was sleeping, kid looked like a skunk afterward. :):

Something like that happened in my high school.

The kid ran the teacher, and put him on his ass. The kid was gone the rest of the semester, and the teacher was "sick at home" for the next two weeks.

Teacher never threw anything at anyone again.

Top Bottom