• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1401king

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Why does he come back into the isle toward the officers after what appears to be the initial shot? To me, it makes it look as if he was coming back to the gun. IDK, just going with what I saw.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I wondered about that, too. I think he tried to run away from the first officers (who I think were shooting), then probably saw other officers to the left of the camera, and tried to run away from those, too.

Clearly, he was panicking. Without his gun.

ETA
    Yeah, as he moves to (our) left you can see an officer come from the bottom left of the screen. The angles make it look like dude saw that officer and tried to head back up the aisle he just left. Straight into the officer he couldn't see.

Anyone know when the first shot was fired?

If it was the white-shirted officer who fired when the guy all of a sudden came up into his face, then it might make sense. Talk about a split-second decision. But if the shooting started before that, or after, then I'm skeptical.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I think the first shot was from the bicycle cop off camera at about 0:51. You can see the dude flinch and double over a bit before diving/flailing behind the shelves.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I'd like to see the video of him pointing the weapon at someone. If it can be shown through video that he didn't threaten someone, those who made the MWAG should be held responsible.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm sure he has a record or looked very large and dangerous to someone. Give it a few days, I'm sure his gang affiliation will be revealed. What was he doing OCing a BB gun anyway? Who in their right mind would OC a rifle? He should have tucked it under a long coat. Afnyway, his peers on the grand jury didn't see evidence of this being a bad shoot. Move on, there's nothing to see here. Oh, where is Al and Jesse?

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Sound would have helped immensely. On the other hand, isn't it a pretty safe assumption one or more of the cops yelled something to the effect of "drop it" or something similar? If he had time to tell them it wasn't real (read 'argue with them') then he certainly had time to drop it and sort it out afterwards.

I've read on here so many times I can't count that the time to argue your case comes afterwards--file complaints, sue if it's really that bad, etc.

Whether I feel I'm in the right or in the wrong, if a cop yells to drop the gun/get down on the ground while he has a gun drawn and pointed at me, you can bet your sweet A$$ I'm not going to try standing there arguing just to see how it'll turn out.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I would normally say i told you so and rub it in your face, but you guys simply owe the memory of that man an apology.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    WTF??? You think some people who responded to a post about a situation that had limited information about it owe an apology? "I would normally say I told you so and rub it in your face" so your going to use a mans death as a chance to get one over on the members of a forum who ALSO jumped to conclusion, and might have been wrong? How exactly does that last post make you any better than anyone else here? If anything, theyre better than you, for not bragging about who was correct about the circumstances of a mans death.

Im sad to hear of the innocent womans death, possibly the mans death as well. Depending how it all ends up being explained.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    WTF??? You think some people who responded to a post about a situation that had limited information about it owe an apology? "I would normally say I told you so and rub it in your face" so your going to use a mans death as a chance to get one over on the members of a forum who ALSO jumped to conclusion, and might have been wrong? How exactly does that last post make you any better than anyone else here? If anything, theyre better than you, for not bragging about who was correct about the circumstances of a mans death.

Im sad to hear of the innocent womans death, possibly the mans death as well. Depending how it all ends up being explained.

Yea actually considering they condemned the man and insulted anyone who said anything including wait for the video, so they can shove it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    *coff*

Let the record reflect my first post was AFTER the video was posted. Sometimes, my self restraint works.

I'm so old, I pull a hammy jumping to conclusions.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Somebody around here usually counsels that people hold off on making conclusions and assigning blame at least until we hear from both sides and have a chance to see the evidence. That guy is a friggin' genius....whoever he is.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Yea actually considering they condemned the man and insulted anyone who said anything including wait for the video, so they can shove it.

Just so you know, this is how a normal person is going to read what happened here, the first post has a link to a news story which basically points a finger at the man who was killed for being stupid. People reacted in their natural way, your first post was half "lets not jump to conclusions" and half "stupid women" Then someone responded to you pointing out that the 911 caller talks to the dispatcher, not the officer directly, therfore the mesage given to the officers has emotion withdrawn and focuses of facts. Then another person responded to you in somewhat agreement with you, stating that alot of bb guns look real these days. Then you insulted someone, put [redacted] in your post as if that somehow covered it up, and now your bragging about your guess being the right one. Im sorry, but if you click the link in the first post, you would assume the guy was an idiot and move on. Congrats for being open and willing to think about several sides of an issue, but you lost some points with the "stupid women" comment. THen it got worse. Everyone jumps to conclusions in a 24 hour news cycle, including yourself. Settle down and turn that ability to see both sides of an issue inward. Your no better than those you say can shove it.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Just so you know, this is how a normal person is going to read what happened here, the first post has a link to a news story which basically points a finger at the man who was killed for being stupid. People reacted in their natural way, your first post was half "lets not jump to conclusions" and half "stupid women" Then someone responded to you pointing out that the 911 caller talks to the dispatcher, not the officer directly, therfore the mesage given to the officers has emotion withdrawn and focuses of facts. Then another person responded to you in somewhat agreement with you, stating that alot of bb guns look real these days. Then you insulted someone, put [redacted] in your post as if that somehow covered it up, and now your bragging about your guess being the right one. Im sorry, but if you click the link in the first post, you would assume the guy was an idiot and move on. Congrats for being open and willing to think about several sides of an issue, but you lost some points with the "stupid women" comment. THen it got worse. Everyone jumps to conclusions in a 24 hour news cycle, including yourself. Settle down and turn that ability to see both sides of an issue inward. Your no better than those you say can shove it.

Calling MDA which instructs their members to call in firearms as an active shooter to "save lives" qualifies them as "stupid women".

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Okay, video is iffy. Sad an innocent woman died. Moral to the story, don't go doing crazy **** in a store, and chances are you won't get shot, and nobody will die of a heart attack due to your actions.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Okay, video is iffy. Sad an innocent woman died. Moral to the story, don't go doing crazy **** in a store, and chances are you won't get shot, and nobody will die of a heart attack due to your actions.

What crazy **** was he doing besides holding a product of the store's in his hands?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Oh okay, nevermind. Standing in a store flopping "merchandise" around that happens to look like a firearm is totally normal and shouldn't be given a second look. Now, did it justify running in and shooting the guy? I don't know, and am inclined to say "no", but you can't say you wouldn't be extremely concerned if you rounded the aisle and came face to face with that individual, at least for a few moments.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Normal people don't hold a rifle in a threatening manner while shopping in a store.
    Most of us carry our rifles under our coats or properly strapped on a sling.

This guy was abby normal.

Top Bottom