• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I take that back Today is a friday and it's Flag Friday. I will be at my usual overpass hopefully about 5:30. Maybe a little before 6. If you want, PM me your cell phone number and I'll tell you where you can meet me at. :D Sorry, I completely forgot it was a friday!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The 38th Street flag must be part of an organized effort; there were different people there flying it at ~12:45, and another couple at 2:30. The shoulder of the road on the overpass had been coned off to protect the flag wavers.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    In 2006 I was on the shuttle bus heading over I70 on High school road when I saw a Marine in dress uniform holding a flag. The symbolism hit me when I realized the people driving on the highway could only see the flag. The flag stands because of the men and women who serve the country. Without the base of the flag, each one would simply lie on the ground. Everyone stares at the flag whenever the national anthem plays. From then on out, I've always stared at both the flag and the base.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I just got home from the I-69 overpass where IN332 passes over, was there for 3 hours. Will have a thread about it shortly.

look forward to it! If you're part of the Indy Defenders of Liberty, I'm sure Don and Dott would LOVE to hear about your experiance!

It really gets your emotions going when they keep honking doesn't it? Even when your arm feels numb and you can't wave anymore, those air horns make it all worth it!!!

:patriot:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    look forward to it! If you're part of the Indy Defenders of Liberty, I'm sure Don and Dott would LOVE to hear about your experiance!

It really gets your emotions going when they keep honking doesn't it? Even when your arm feels numb and you can't wave anymore, those air horns make it all worth it!!!

:patriot:

I'm not part of that group, but wish I was. I just posted it. I loved hearing the people honking at us and waving. After 3 hours our arms were getting tired, and we were getting hot and thirsty, but didn't want to leave. But I had to get home to get some sleep for work tonight. God Bless America!:patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm not part of that group, but wish I was. I just posted it. I loved hearing the people honking at us and waving. After 3 hours our arms were getting tired, and we were getting hot and thirsty, but didn't want to leave. But I had to get home to get some sleep for work tonight. God Bless America!:patriot:

Indy Defenders of Liberty (Indianapolis, IN) - Meetup.com

Thanks for going out today. I wish people would join us every Friday doing this. You feel a little weird at first, but then it all becomes worth it!

Top Bottom