Managing Confrontations (8hr.) April 5, 2014 Indy!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    By popular demand we are bringing this class to Indianapolis. Class will be limited to 10 students to assure plenty of learning time per individual. You can sign up via our website with a deposit or the whole amount.

Do you know what to do if approached by a potentially violent aggressor? Can you tell the difference between an aggressive panhandler and the beginnings of a true criminal assault? This course will give you a framework for understanding these interactions and a pre-fight overview. You’ll finish the course with a solid framework on what a fight will look like, how to deescalate the situation, how to know deescalation has failed, and how to give yourself the best chance of winning without a devastating legal aftermath.
    Learn More & See Upcoming Dates

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Lots of activity today already. We've been teaching a short version for quite awhile in South Bend and received overwhelming support on the benefits of focusing hard on the preflight. With this longer version well be able to do a deep dive on not only the verbal side but once things actually kick off. I'm looking forward to it as well.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Down to 3 spots available as of this morning. Really happy to see the interest in this material. We believe it is very valuable as do those who have participated in the class. If those of you INGO members who have signed up could PM me with your screen name, I would appreciate it.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I just wanted to pop in and mention a little about the physicality of this class based on a question from a potential student. This will be an active class. The first part we will be moving around, talking, yelling, and working through some scenarios. In the second part we'll be learning some things about basic and fundamental combatives. We'll spend a good amount of time on striking, standing clinch, and ground. I'll not only explain some things about each phase but we'll physically work on some of the skills. If you want to be less active you could reduce all the way to simply watching this portion. If you want to really mix it up and fully pressure test this, I'll go as hard as you want with you (I can't guarantee I'll win based on your skills, but I can guarantee you'll learn the material!). Usually students like to be somewhere in the middle. Most of us go hard enough to pressure test and prove that the principles are sound and functional, but not enough to get beat up. We can easily work around injuries or potential injuries, but there is a significant benefit to pressure testing things. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people teach things about fighting and don't let people go more than 5% pressure or speed. It's easy to pretend anything works when the opponent isn't allowed to think or react. Unfortunately this industry is rife with this mentality. I don't use, teach, or work any material that isn't functional most of the time against a fully resisting thinking breathing acting opponent. You'll probably get sweaty, probably winded a few times, but no one has ever gotten injured or hurt in the class. I'll end this with a great quote from Paul Sharp's MDOC class:
    Paul Sharp said:
    I like to go hard in training, but I don't like to get banged up. I want to be able to get attacked walking out of training and still be 80%+ able to fight.
    I try to stick to this idea in our training.

Like one potential student already has, feel free to post or PM about possible injuries, further questions, clarifications, etc. Not all of you have heard about this class yet, and we'll do what we can to answer questions about whether it is right for you.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hold on! You mean for $150 I get to smack Mike around? Well that is tempting!

I will say something to the wife. But 1) she is doing our taxes right now, yuck and 2) April an awkward time for me at work, including the weekends.

The material sounds interesting.

Edit: full class. Great going guys!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    April 6th. That is USPSA down here at South Central. Plus my kids birthday on the 7th. I am going to have to decline this go around. But I wish you guys luck. Sounds like a good class.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Emails went out today for those who signed up for this class. The address where the class is being held and other details are included. If for some reason you signed up but did not get an Email, please let us know. There are still some spots available for the Sunday class. We are looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Top Bottom