Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Oh, and you can't quote Jetta. I have him on "ignore".

EmptySimplisticHyracotherium-max-1mb.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Straw man. Not what I asked at all.
    I'll answer...on some level I care about the health or others, but I could not care less about whether you get a vaccine or not.

...but the point, speaking of logical fallacies, is that "taking care of ones health" vs. vaccination is a false dichotomy.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Here's a crazy thought - what if getting vaccinated was protecting your health?

I know, I know, it sound ridiculous to you.
    When did it become anyone elses job to make decisions that may affect your health for you?

It would protect your health if you weren't allowed to have a motorcycle or a fast car

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It is quite enlightening to go back and read the discussions on wuwho flu in early 2020, or masks, or shutdowns, and now vaccine mandates. The exact same people are still pushing the government line, no matter what it is…

shill
    noun:
    an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You've taken a generalized statement by Actaeon and whittle the argument with a chainsaw to fit your agenda.

I stand by my staement, as conditional as it might be.

Look, an employer might believe government published data on infection, hospitalization and death rates from covid and make a judgement that the unvaccinated folks represent a higher potential level of expense for the company. And, if they do nothing, and someone dies as a result of exposure traced to an unvaccinated employee.....well, there's your answer. The employer is going to take the road that will lead to the least likely negative outcome.
    I don't believe you. Your employer is going to opt for the judgement that ends the problem from their standpoint. They value their convenience over your rights

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I'll answer...on some level I care about the health or others, but I could not care less about whether you get a vaccine or not.

...but the point, speaking of logical fallacies, is that "taking care of ones health" vs. vaccination is a false dichotomy.
    My question was in response to Jetta saying “getting vaccinated is protecting your health”. Why is my health his concern? I hope he doesn’t get diabetes, but if he does because he ate a Big Mac every day, I don’t care. His consequences are because of his choices, as are my own. It’s none of his business.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom