Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    So, then we've got this now...

“There is a lot to learn from this graph, but most obviously, the COVID vax does not stop infection. The vax provides a private benefit (protection vs. severe disease), but limited public benefit (protection vs. disease spread). So what is the argument for mandates?”

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Nothing to see here folks, just move along,........

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Impossible. Can't happen. It's the safest, most effective, trouble free, side effect free, life expectancy lengthening, thoroughly studied vaccine in the history of human technology. It's so good, everyone should be required to get it whether they need it or not and lucky for us, it's only costing taxpayers a few billionteen dollars!
    I don’t understand the “forced” vaccine. A teenager has an extremely low chance of death from Covid. Vaccinated people still get and spread the virus, so it isn’t to prevent the spread... so what is it?

The part that pisses me off the most parents lost their child over a vaccine, when he would’ve been alive with the virus, and there’s no consequences to the drug company or the people who forced him to take it.

But don’t worry, a couple here will be along shortly to explain why this is actually a good thing.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don’t understand the “forced” vaccine. A teenager has an extremely low chance of death from Covid. Vaccinated people still get and spread the virus, so it isn’t to prevent the spread... so what is it?
    Your insistence on things making sense is not going to serve you well moving forward. Best to strap on a bicycle helmet, start licking the windows and just do what they tell you.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Your insistence on things making sense is not going to serve you well moving forward. Best to strap on a bicycle helmet, start licking the windows and just do what they tell you.
    I’d rather be on the outside watching the window lickers on the inside, like zoo animals.

“Hey, I think I see Jetta and Kirk in there!” ;)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So, I’ve been in quarantine since Wednesday, waiting for results. Grandma has Covid and was around her Sunday for a while. Found out Tuesday she was positive, so called work Wednesday and told them and asked what they wanted me to do. They asked if I would come in with a mask until my results came in. :rolleyes: I told them no, I don’t wanna wear a mask all day and if I have it the mask isn’t going to prevent anything anyways. They called the main manager which is in Florida right now, he said stay home until results are in.

Results came in this morning and I’m negative. Now I gotta wait until Monday because they want me to get a rapid test from cvs to be certain. We get 2 new haas’s delivered Tuesday, so I gotta be there when they come in, so as long as I’m good Monday I can get back to work in time for the new **** to arrive.

Grandma is 83 years old, insulin dependent diabetic, and had chemo years back. As soon as she tested positive she went to get the antibody treatment, and knock on wood, so far all she’s had is the . I took some 7 up, baby wipes, and vitamins c,d, and zinc to her house yesterday, I left them on her porch since our aunt is there taking care of her.

I thought for sure this virus was so contagious even being next door neighbors with someone infected meant you was doomed and start calling cemeteries and buying plots. I think this has been a bit overhyped, and some of the at risk people are scared to death and forcing everyone else to ensure they’re safe. I’ll gladly not infect you intentionally, and avoid you when im sick like I did before Covid anyway, but im not wearing a mask 24/7, I’m not getting a shot I don’t need or want, and im not willing to compromise on any freedoms for anyone else’s safety. Sorry. If you’re high risk and you don’t want to take the chance of getting it, stay home. I quarantined because I didn’t know if I had it and didn’t wanna spread it intentionally, I’m not quarantining or wearing masks under normal circumstances. Pound sand.

Edit: apparently the filter doesn’t catch
    ****s

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I thought for sure this virus was so contagious even being next door neighbors with someone infected meant you was doomed and start calling cemeteries and buying plots. I think this has been a bit overhyped, and some of the at risk people are scared to death and forcing everyone else to ensure they’re safe. I’ll gladly not infect you intentionally, and avoid you when im sick like I did before Covid anyway, but im not wearing a mask 24/7, I’m not getting a shot I don’t need or want, and im not willing to compromise on any freedoms for anyone else’s safety. Sorry. If you’re high risk and you don’t want to take the chance of getting it, stay home. I quarantined because I didn’t know if I had it and didn’t wanna spread it intentionally, I’m not quarantining or wearing masks under normal circumstances. Pound sand.

My GF had the WuFlu and was sick as a dog for 2 weeks. I was with her the entire time, slept in the same bed, kissed her goodnight, etc. I tested negative. I'm not overly convinced it's nearly as contagious as it's supposed to be. Of course, I guess the test could have been wrong... :dunno:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Hmmm, this may have been posted already on one of the several threads, but bears repeating...

Funny how they are just "matter of factly" explaining the ANTI-VIRUAL properties of Ivermectin.

Maybe some people should not sound so definitive/authoritative when they are posting about things outside their wheelhouse. But, what do I know, I just post stuff I find on the internet that seems relevant and let others make up their mind.

Ivermectin proposes many potentials effects to treat a range of diseases, with its antimicrobial, antiviral, and anti-cancer properties as a wonder drug. It is highly effective against many microorganisms including some viruses. In this comprehensive systematic review, antiviral effects of ivermectin are summarized including in vitro and in vivo studies over the past 50 years. Several studies reported antiviral effects of ivermectin on RNA viruses such as Zika, dengue, yellow fever, West Nile, Hendra, Newcastle, Venezuelan equine encephalitis, chikungunya, Semliki Forest, Sindbis, Avian influenza A, Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome, Human immunodeficiency virus type 1, and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2. Furthermore, there are some studies showing antiviral effects of ivermectin against DNA viruses such as Equine herpes type 1, BK polyomavirus, pseudorabies, porcine circovirus 2, and bovine herpesvirus 1. Ivermectin plays a role in several biological mechanisms, therefore it could serve as a potential candidate in the treatment of a wide range of viruses including COVID-19 as well as other types of positive-sense single-stranded RNA viruses. In vivo studies of animal models revealed a broad range of antiviral effects of ivermectin, however, clinical trials are necessary to appraise the potential efficacy of ivermectin in clinical setting.

In a recent in vitro study, the Vero/hSLAM cells infected with the SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 virus were exposed to 5 µM ivermectin in 48 h, and a 5000-fold reduction in viral RNA compared with control was found [15]. The results showed that treatment with ivermectin effectively kills almost all viral particles within 48 h. The study was the first to assess the antiviral effect of ivermectin on COVID-19. The authors acknowledged that the drug may have antiviral effects by inhibiting the importin (IMP) α/β receptor, which is responsible for transmitting viral proteins into the host cell nucleus. The authors proposed human studies to confirm the potential benefits of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19. Although this study was the first to confirm the antiviral effect of ivermectin on COVID-19 [15], other studies examined the antiviral effects of the drug on both RNA and DNA viruses, which are summarized in Table 1.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So, I’ve been in quarantine since Wednesday, waiting for results. Grandma has Covid and was around her Sunday for a while. Found out Tuesday she was positive, so called work Wednesday and told them and asked what they wanted me to do. They asked if I would come in with a mask until my results came in. :rolleyes: I told them no, I don’t wanna wear a mask all day and if I have it the mask isn’t going to prevent anything anyways. They called the main manager which is in Florida right now, he said stay home until results are in.

Results came in this morning and I’m negative. Now I gotta wait until Monday because they want me to get a rapid test from cvs to be certain. We get 2 new haas’s delivered Tuesday, so I gotta be there when they come in, so as long as I’m good Monday I can get back to work in time for the new **** to arrive.

Grandma is 83 years old, insulin dependent diabetic, and had chemo years back. As soon as she tested positive she went to get the antibody treatment, and knock on wood, so far all she’s had is the . I took some 7 up, baby wipes, and vitamins c,d, and zinc to her house yesterday, I left them on her porch since our aunt is there taking care of her.

Edit: apparently the filter doesn’t catch
    ****s
    My friends mother got a positive. Husband sleeping in the same room did not get it. Everyone was vac’d she is having moderate symptoms. She’s in the higher risk category. Friend is still delusional that the vax saved everyone. Dude… it didn’t. She still got it.

my wife did not catch it from me last March. It’s not the boogeyman we’ve been sold

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My friends mother got a positive. Husband sleeping in the same room did not get it. Everyone was vac’d she is having moderate symptoms. She’s in the higher risk category. Friend is still delusional that the vax saved everyone. Dude… it didn’t. She still got it.

my wife did not catch it from me last March. It’s not the boogeyman we’ve been sold
    The vaccine takes credit for everything other than someone dying from it. The fact that many who are exposed/infected don't get symptomatic was largely ignored for a long time and now the vaccine gets the credit for making that happen. How long was natural immunity ignored and its benefits credited to the vaccine?

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    The vaccine takes credit for everything other than someone dying from it. The fact that many who are exposed/infected don't get symptomatic was largely ignored for a long time and now the vaccine gets the credit for making that happen. How long was natural immunity ignored and its benefits credited to the vaccine?
    or the simple fact that as designed, the vaccine is supposed to intiate an immune response in your body, the same as if infected (supposedly). The entire premise is to do the same thing your body does in response to infection. If you have been infected and recovered, the vaccine does nothing your body has not already done on its own.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom