Mandatory safety equipement in your vehicle in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    It seems funny that the govt would require people to carry safety gear, yet they allow anyone to have a car that is designed to go over 100 mph.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Many Hoosier driver's can't figure out what the shiny things positioned on the doors and windshield are for, they'd never figure out what to do with all that stuff.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It seems funny that the govt would require people to carry safety gear, yet they allow anyone to have a car that is designed to go over 100 mph.

People still crash into eachother at 50 mph. :dunno:

Speed is not dangerous by itself.
    As the great Jeremy Clarskon has said ...

Jeremy+Clarkson+Speed.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Many Hoosier driver's can't figure out what the shiny things positioned on the doors and windshield are for, they'd never figure out what to do with all that stuff.
    Or the stick on the column that goes up and down, and when in the up or down positions, makes that annoying ticking sound!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

You mean those things that let me watch the driver in front of me keep bobbing their head and eyes?

Eyes down...................eyes on road...eyes toward lap..........................road..lap..................................................road....lap.....................

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Or the stick on the column that goes up and down, and when in the up or down positions, makes that annoying ticking sound!

I recently learned this thing is a blinker stick. I think people don't use it because they realize they haven't changed the blinker fluid and it may not work.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Trucks are required to have refelictive triangles, fire ext., spare fuses if it uses them, all the lights working.
    Cars (pretty much all 4 wheeled vehicles) aren't required any of that.
    What has really gotten out of hand, is that there is very little enforcement on cars lights. I see a lot of cars and pickups with lights out. In some cases, they are down to just one of the two bulbs in the third break light working. I often see one car at about the same time and place every morning, in the dark, with one headlight working, nothing else on the whole car!!
    If you have 6 break lights across the back of a semi, and one is out, you will get put out of service for it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Trucks are required to have refelictive triangles, fire ext., spare fuses if it uses them, all the lights working.
    Cars (pretty much all 4 wheeled vehicles) aren't required any of that.
    What has really gotten out of hand, is that there is very little enforcement on cars lights. I see a lot of cars and pickups with lights out. In some cases, they are down to just one of the two bulbs in the third break light working. I often see one car at about the same time and place every morning, in the dark, with one headlight working, nothing else on the whole car!!
    If you have 6 break lights across the back of a semi, and one is out, you will get put out of service for it.

Don't you get pulled over for having a break light out on your car and possibly get a ticket?

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Don't you get pulled over for having a break light out on your car and possibly get a ticket?

Depends. If u r on the road between say 12 midnite and 4 in the morning or so, i would expect to be pulled over. Doubt i would get a ticket though.
    Where i live i have noticed that most cars license plate light is burnt out. Heck even cops have them out too, not just like one of them, a few of them i have noticed.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Depends. If u r on the road between say 12 midnite and 4 in the morning or so, i would expect to be pulled over. Doubt i would get a ticket though.
    Where i live i have noticed that most cars license plate light is burnt out. Heck even cops have them out too, not just like one of them, a few of them i have noticed.

Over here having any lights not working can get you a ticket.
    If it's a turn signal (either not working or working but you're not using it to turn) you can get a ticket and lose points on your licence.
    If don't properly use your turn signal often or fail to use your high beams enough time you can lose your licence.
    If your lights are out at night the cops can seize the car until it's fixed.If you don't have spare light bulbs you will leave on foot.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Over here having any lights not working can get you a ticket.
    If it's a turn signal (either not working or working but you're not using it to turn) you can get a ticket and lose points on your licence.
    If don't properly use your turn signal often or fail to use your high beams enough time you can lose your licence.
    If your lights are out at night the cops can seize the car until it's fixed.If you don't have spare light bulbs you will leave on foot.
    My dad lived in Germany for quite a while and he told me some of what he had to go through to register a car and so forth. Said it was a real pain in the butt. He warned me about how it was different then here and you had to be careful and make sure you follow all the rules, no exceptions. He had a corvette when he was there and anytime there was a roadside checkpoint, you would always get stopped.
    From what I understand, to get a license in Western Europe, it is quite the undertaking. In the US it is pretty simple. A basic written test that a 10 year old could pass. The driving test may be a bit rough for some, but it is no big deal at all. Does not really cost that much either.
    As far as rule/law enforcement, that is a huge sliding scale. Depends on where you are, time of day, what you look like, who you are, not a simple question to answer, etc etc.

I have been to France, Germany, Prague and driving on the autobahn was an experience. Especially in Germany with those grey stripe zones. Then I get back home onto the US highways and realize that the you guys definitely have better highways then us. Cars, well, your getting there.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint

Should, but it rarely happens.
    Speeding tickets are their hang up, and jacking with semis.
    Running red lights in my area has become an acceptable thing, along with lights not working, among other things.

Top Bottom