• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I just reviewed this story as my wife had said one of these woman had died. I need to get my own info from now on and not react emotionally. I am correcting myself.
    Someone posted the LEO were trying to stop the truck not shoot to kill....from the shot placement I see in the story's it looks like shoot to kill. Apparently these guy's are fair enough shots.

LAPD wants us to believe that Dorner is a nutjob and none of his accusations of brutality are true. Seems to me they're doing a might fine job of proving Dorner's point.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    After viewing the news report in the OP.......

WHAT A CLUSTER****!

I am not sure that some cop here on INGO, will attempt to convey that I don't know what I'm talking about, because I don't possess years of LE experience.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    LAPD wants us to believe that Dorner is a nutjob and none of his accusations of brutality are true. Seems to me they're doing a might fine job of proving Dorner's point.

I have to admit I was mistaken with my first response as I was thinking about the woman who had been killed. Turned out my wife heard wrong and I did not read the OP's post in its entirety. That will not happen again.
    Also, shot placement is where I would attempt to put them if trying to end the driver. That would stop the vehicle. There are a lot of tail gate shots, not sure what those would accomplish.

This whole ordeal is just insane. Been reading up what is available about this man and if you can believe it he has some deeper issues than we are hearing about on the tube.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I was thinking the same thing.

After viewing the news report in the OP.......

WHAT A CLUSTER****!

I am not sure that some cop here on INGO, will attempt to convey that I don't know what I'm talking about, because I don't possess years of LE experience.

I think maybe being an LA LE is different from being a normal LE.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I looked through the last few pages of this thread and didn't see this one linked yet:

Police seeking Dorner opened fire in a second case of mistaken identity - latimes.com

Dorner is a 250lb black guy...I can totally see how they could think this guy was him:

David Perdue was on his way to sneak in some surfing before work Thursday morning when police flagged him down. They asked who he was and where he was headed, then sent him on his way.

Seconds later, Perdue's attorney said, a Torrance police cruiser slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire; none of the bullets struck Perdue.

So an officer spoke with him face to face and a few seconds later he gets rammed and shot at? Because he clearly matched the description of "man+truck" obviously...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I looked through the last few pages of this thread and didn't see this one linked yet:

Police seeking Dorner opened fire in a second case of mistaken identity - latimes.com

Dorner is a 250lb black guy...I can totally see how they could think this guy was him:

So an officer spoke with him face to face and a few seconds later he gets rammed and shot at? Because he clearly matched the description of "man+truck" obviously...

There HAS to be much more to this story than what we know so far. None of this makes any sense. Irrational actions usually have irrational causes.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Did you forget your purple? There are multiple gunshots through the back window. Unless the vehicles mechanics have been moved to the upper cab area of the vehicle.....
    And we all know LEOs are expert pistol marksman...:):

I'm not listening to such reliable news sources. I know supervising officers in the area whom I spoke with yesterday after hearing of the incident. The news isn't telling you much of anything that actually went on.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

David Perdue was on his way to sneak in some surfing before work Thursday morning when police flagged him down. They asked who he was and where he was headed, then sent him on his way.

Seconds later, Perdue's attorney said, a Torrance police cruiser slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire; none of the bullets struck Perdue.

That quote makes it sound like the police who talked to him were the ones that hit him. After parsing out the story I think I can start to see what happened. Here is my understanding based on that poorly written article:

Perdue (the victim) was in a pickup and talking to some police to establish his identity (so far no problem). Different policemen in a cruiser were responding to a call of shots fired in a nearby area where someone's house was being guarded because of Dornan's manifesto. They saw the pickup next to policemen and interpreted it as another attack by Dornan (since he had done something very similar before). In an attempt to stop the "attack", they rammed into his truck and fired three shots.

The police in the cruiser very likely did not see that it wasn't Dorner and they had good cause to think that there was an active shooter in the area targeting police. At least I can understand a little of what was happening based on their view of events (as communicated in this article), but it still reflects extreme jumpiness and poor judgement.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Shot placement in the first incident appears to me that the first rounds went toward the driver and passenger heads. I'll guess that the occupants both then leaned toward the center of the truck and laid down. The rest of the rounds were aimed for that area which would be the tailgate.

Seems logical but just a guess.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Who is telling you this though? It isn't me. It isn't my coworkers. It is the misinformed, left leaning lunatics who believe that guns are the problem. Some folks act as if the push for gun control starts with the police in this country and that is not the case. I posted a link a few weeks ago to a story where Obama asked LE to support him in his quest to disarm America and all of the comments (posted by LE officers) were basically telling him to get bent.

There are differences between a police officer using force and a citizens using force. They are relatively minor scope but they are there. I am a police officer. I support the right of the citizens of this country to own and carry firearms. I've been recommending carry to the citizens I serve long before it was cool or INGO existed. I'm tired of being made out to be the enemy.
    Unfortunately it's the guilt by association when dealing with the bashers. And there is no getting through to them. Just as with the anti-gunners. They feel what they feel and that's all that matters. Regardless of anything that is presented to discredit thier views/beliefs.
    I would say in a grand scale of things that 99.9% of Police Officers are the good guys. Just like anything you have some bad. The only difference is the "good" are rarely if ever publicly acknowledged. Good cops rarely make the news. But a bad cop will always make the news. Out of 10,000+ LAPD officers the LEO bashers are focusing on 2 and labeling the other 9,998+ as bad just because they are LAPD too.

I wonder if the LEO bashers will call the "evil" LEO if they are in trouble?

Not taking sides here but I read this a bit differently or at least took it that way. It is our elected officials telling us we are not capable of owning guns. A fact that many among us (current co. excluded of course) do all in there power to expand this point by proving how stupid they can possibly be with a gun. That was my take on the statement anyway.
    I do not see LEO as the bad guy and especially most who post on here and weather the storms of LEO bashing. That said it has been quit since serpicostraight stopped posting or was exiled or smashed by the ban-hammer.

What I do see here is act of cowardice by those cowboys in Cali.
    Their actions only fan the flames of the anti's in some ways we have yet to see i am sure.

Phylo....you are not the enemy sir.
    There are a few here that will bash LEO for anything. Even if the LEO seems to agree with them. By logging in to INGO (or any forum) they are subjecting themselves to a crapstorm by the bashers.
    I myself appreciate the job that LEOs do. It can't be easy. Not dealing in the crazy society that we are in and then return to the normalcy of a private life when your shift ends. Things that are experienced and seen cannot be forgotten just because the uniform comes off.

Phylo has only done one thing that could make him the enemy. He went to Longs Bakery to get some of them good donuts. The line was long and just out the door. He popped the trunk and grabbed his crime scene tape. After lining it across the alley a crowd gathered. Suddenly the line was gone and he made his purchase. But what do you know he didn't offer to grab me any. Just like a LEO, only thinking about themselves.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Unfortunately it's the guilt by association when dealing with the bashers. And there is no getting through to them. Just as with the anti-gunners. They feel what they feel and that's all that matters. Regardless of anything that is presented to discredit thier views/beliefs.
    I would say in a grand scale of things that 99.9% of Police Officers are the good guys. Just like anything you have some bad. The only difference is the "good" are rarely if ever publicly acknowledged. Good cops rarely make the news. But a bad cop will always make the news. Out of 10,000+ LAPD officers the LEO bashers are focusing on 2 and labeling the other 9,998+ as bad just because they are LAPD too.

There are a few here that will bash LEO for anything. Even if the LEO seems to agree with them. By logging in to INGO (or any forum) they are subjecting themselves to a crapstorm by the bashers.
    I myself appreciate the job that LEOs do. It can't be easy. Not dealing in the crazy society that we are in and then return to the normalcy of a private life when your shift ends. Things that are experienced and seen cannot be forgotten just because the uniform comes off.
    Some people here are easily subject to "The Animal Farm Syndrome."
    Four legs good. Two legs bad becomes Citizens good. Cops bad.
    or
    Cops good. Citizens bad.
    I've seen it on both sides of the issue.
    The facts are; Some Cops bad. Some Citizens bad.
    NO group is perfect.
    That's life.
    Throwing crap at an entire group because of the actions of a few, or one, just makes it obvious that some people are obsessed with hating that group, usually for a perceived personal affront.
    Which is exactly what that gun case Dohner is doing.

Glocker 400

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013

LAPD_zpsa69d3fa4.gif

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I'm not listening to such reliable news sources. I know supervising officers in the area whom I spoke with yesterday after hearing of the incident. The news isn't telling you much of anything that actually went on.

So you'll demonstrate how safe it is for joe citizen to drive around LA by putting your family in a black Nissan Titan and drive around LA?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Phylo has only done one thing that could make him the enemy. He went to Longs Bakery to get some of them good donuts. The line was long and just out the door. He popped the trunk and grabbed his crime scene tape. After lining it across the alley a crowd gathered. Suddenly the line was gone and he made his purchase. But what do you know he didn't offer to grab me any. Just like a LEO, only thinking about themselves.

The owner of Longs is a dear friend of mine. Next time let me know you are going and save the expensive crime scene tape.................:D

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    So you'll demonstrate how safe it is for joe citizen to drive around LA by putting your family in a black Nissan Titan and drive around LA?
    I won't be dumb enough to "creep by" a congregation of LEOs working this situation in the middle of the dark with my lights off ....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom