• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Don't get the Peyton hate. Denver losing was a team chokejob. Denver giving up a 70 yd deepball TD is inexcusable when the offense has no timeouts and down 7 with 40 sec left. Denver was either in the wrong defense, or they blew the coverage, I did notice that the safety was late coming over. In that situation you can't give up anything deep or near the sidelines, keep everything over the middle and play the clock

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I have enjoyed the good times while he was here in Indy but he had and still has some obvious flaws. One is he is paid way the hell too much money. Takes a lot from the team.

I really like A. Luck and believe we will have a more well rounded team with him under Center.

They really need to get him a line or he could end up taking a beating. I'm not a Colts fan but I've watched plenty of games. It doesn't seem like they fully understand the need of an offensive line and they haven't for far too long.

We wont know until he is actually given a legitimate shot at the position, now will we?

Sounds like the poor guy is going to get his shot in Jacksonville....

Last I'd heard, Jacksonville didn't want Tebow.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    Don't get the Peyton hate. Denver losing was a team chokejob. Denver giving up a 70 yd deepball TD is inexcusable when the offense has no timeouts and down 7 with 40 sec left. Denver was either in the wrong defense, or they blew the coverage, I did notice that the safety was late coming over. In that situation you can't give up anything deep or near the sidelines, keep everything over the middle and play the clock

I dont get the Peyton love...can you say 2 picks (one in OT that gave the game to the Crows) and a fumble. This is what he ALWAYS does (check the stat sheet) in the playoffs/big games. Hes a choke artist.

When the team wins, "Peytons the greatest!". When the team loses, "Its not Peytons fault!". even tho its always Peytons choke artistry that causes the loss.

They really need to get him a line or he could end up taking a beating. I'm not a Colts fan but I've watched plenty of games. It doesn't seem like they fully understand the need of an offensive line and they haven't for far too long.

Last I'd heard, Jacksonville didn't want Tebow.

OK, last I knew Jacksonville was talking to him. I hope the kid gets a real, true legitimate shot to prove wether he has it or not. Love him or hate him...the kid plays with heart, is a leader and gets his guys to play with/for him.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I dont get the Peyton love...can you say 2 picks (one in OT that gave the game to the Crows) and a fumble. This is what he ALWAYS does (check the stat sheet) in the playoffs/big games. Hes a choke artist.

When the team wins, "Peytons the greatest!". When the team loses, "Its not Peytons fault!". even tho its always Peytons choke artistry that causes the loss.

Quarterbacks always get too much credit and too much blame. Denver giving up a 70 yd deep TD pass is simply unacceptable in the situation they were in. When the offense has no timeouts and needs a TD to tie with 70 yds to go with 30 sec left, the defense should be running some form of a prevent defense that rushed 3-4 players and puts the others in coverage forcing everything in the middle of the field. The run doesn't matter and doesn't hurt the D. Is Tom Brady a choke artist since the Pats haven't won a Superbowl since 2005 even though they had a 16-0 season in 2007(Peyton has a more recent SB for the record)? Is Aaron Rodgers a choke artist because last year's 15-1 Packers went one-and-done in the playoffs? Maybe Trent Dilfer is a clutch QB since he was the starting QB for the 2000 Ravens that won the Superbowl.

OK, last I knew Jacksonville was talking to him. I hope the kid gets a real, true legitimate shot to prove wether he has it or not. Love him or hate him...the kid plays with heart, is a leader and gets his guys to play with/for him.

Tim Tebow sucks, and he sucks bad. He may be a great individual but there is a reason that no NFL team wants him to be their starting QB and that reason is that HE CAN'T THROW AT A NFL LEVEL. It's that simple. I can't believe you can trash Manning in one paragraph and love Tebow in the other.[/quote]

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

They understand it. There should be some improvement this offseason with the capspace they have. Polian neglected the O-line for years. Grigson brought in Justice and Satele among others to help shore it up, but it will likely take guys like that to fix the problem because we all know that All-Pro lineman don't grow on trees.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Tim Tebow sucks, and he sucks bad. He may be a great individual but there is a reason that no NFL team wants him to be their starting QB and that reason is that HE CAN'T THROW AT A NFL LEVEL. It's that simple. I can't believe you can trash Manning in one paragraph and love Tebow in the other.
    [/QUOTE]

I don't love TEABOW but he did win a playoff game with Denver. Nuff said.

Denver has never really been able to protect the QB... Elway has the career for most sacks in a career... But also has multiple Super Bowl appearances and two back to back rings...

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    he has a super bowl and i dont even know how many conference championships...look at all the games where you score 30-40 points and the defense gave it away.....i would not call him a choker...he is an awesome guy and a hall of fame qb...the thing about manning is doesnt have that extra level to go to because he gives his best every game playoffs or not....
    Is a choker.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    yeah i think they should have done something but it would have been a terrible time and place on the field to have a turnover
    The loss was on Denver's D. Horrible safety and secondary play.
    Manning didn't choke. Tough D from Ravens.
    Play calling was extremely conservative and did little to open up the Ravens D.
    Interception late was a pass behind the defender that Manning's made hundreds of times. The D player did a great job on the interception.
    Coaching and defensive secondary did Denver in.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    he has a super bowl and i dont even know how many conference championships...look at all the games where you score 30-40 points and the defense gave it away.....i would not call him a choker...he is an awesome guy and a hall of fame qb...the thing about manning is doesnt have that extra level to go to because he gives his best every game playoffs or not....

I agree that the whole team and coaching staff choked and defense can sometimes blow it but they were lightin up the scoreboard all year.. This game most of the points came from the same guy on special teams.

Manning is that team leader and has priced that he can't win playoff games regardless of who screws the pootch the teams he is on tend to choke when it counts.. He has the record for most playoff losses... Brady is a game away from having the most playoff wins.

He looked like he did when they played Atlanta..

My point is everyone chocked but he has proven to put up great numbers during the regular season... Then well not in the post.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

Denver has never really been able to protect the QB... Elway has the career for most sacks in a career... But also has multiple Super Bowl appearances and two back to back rings...[/QUOTE]

Tebow won a playoff game!? No, the Broncos won a playoff game. Do you really want a long list of lousy QBs who have won a playoff game? TJ Yates won a playoff game with the Texans last year, how about Kordell Stewart? Neil O'Donnell? Rex Grossman? Mark Sanchez? Need more? John Elway was past his prime behind a great offensive line that paved the way for a 2,000 yd rusher in Terrell Davis when he got back to back Superbowls, before that he was labeled a choke artist too, just like Marino and Peyton. BTW, your belief that Denver was poor in pass protection during the Elway years has no bearing on 2013.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Never said it was poor pass protection, said they could not protect the qb hence Elway having the sack record. Yeah people said Elway chocked, mannin also has more playof losses ten he does... And Denver went to the post season quite a bit with him.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I agree that the whole team and coaching staff choked and defense can sometimes blow it but they were lightin up the scoreboard all year.. This game most of the points came from the same guy on special teams.

Manning is that team leader and has priced that he can't win playoff games regardless of who screws the pootch the teams he is on tend to choke when it counts.. He has the record for most playoff losses... Brady is a game away from having the most playoff wins.

My point is everyone chocked but he has proven to put up great numbers during the regular season... Then well not in the post.

Denver Broncos vs. Indianapolis Colts - Recap - January 04, 2004 - ESPN

Indianapolis Colts vs. Kansas City Chiefs - Recap - January 11, 2004 - ESPN

Denver Broncos vs. Indianapolis Colts - Recap - January 09, 2005 - ESPN

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Indianapolis Colts - Recap - January 15, 2006 - ESPN

Indianapolis Colts vs. Chicago Bears - Recap - February 04, 2007 - ESPN

New England Patriots vs. Indianapolis Colts - Recap - January 21, 2007 - ESPN

Indianapolis Colts vs. San Diego Chargers - Recap - January 03, 2009 - ESPN

Baltimore Ravens vs. Indianapolis Colts - Recap - January 16, 2010 - ESPN

New York Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts - Recap - January 24, 2010 - ESPN

You sure about that?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Ok poor wording... Better wording... He does great every regular season but then tends to loose come January.... Again... Most playoff losses. Can't blame all of them on the team.

Look at Denver before manning and now... The. Compare New England with Brady and with out...

Sooo Denver is descent then rocks with manning then the dredded playoffs come for manning... With Brady they still win when he is hurt and win playoff games when he is playing.

Last edited:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Ok poor wording... Better wording... He does great every regular season but then tends to loose come January.... Again... Most playoff losses. Can't blame all of them on the team.

My point it that QBs get too much credit and too much blame. Manning was always part of the team. Football is the ultimate team game. Manning got too much credit for all of those comeback wins, and too much blame for the playoff losses. The Patriots of 03-04 were nothing like the Patriots of today regardless of whether Tom Brady was the QB then too. Those Patriots had a great defense and a great running game, If we're talking numbers, look at Brady's stats during those years and compare them to his stats since Randy Moss came to NE in 2007, oddly enough all of those Patriot offensive juggernauts since have failed to win a Superbowl. Has Eli Manning beaten Tom Brady in two Superbowls or have the New York Giants beaten the New England Patriots in two Superbowls. Eli is not near as good as Brady, so does that mean that Brady choked? The 2006 Chicago Bears made a Superbowl despite the horrific QB play of Rex Grossman, they even beat a Saints team with Drew Brees at QB along the way.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    Tim Tebow sucks, and he sucks bad. He may be a great individual but there is a reason that no NFL team wants him to be their starting QB and that reason is that HE CAN'T THROW AT A NFL LEVEL. It's that simple. I can't believe you can trash Manning in one paragraph and love Tebow in the other.
    [/QUOTE]

OK, following your premiss of Tebow sucks...Hes got one more playoff win with the broncos then Peyton! :):

OH, and i dont really "love" Tebow, i would just like to see the kid get a legitimate shot before everyone relegates him to the trash heap.

A little NFL hisotry for you...Denver was NOT the team to draft Elway. THAT was the Colts, and THEY tried to make him a TE. He said screw this imma play baseball...So the Dolts traded him to Denver. The rest is history.

My point being, the man tied for MOST SB appearances in NFL hisotry was once said to "not have it" to be an NFL starting QB.

Funny how no one wants to talk about the 14 points that came from returned Kickoff and Punt...Take those points off the board and Peytons pick 6 is even MORE glaring.

Brady HAS the most playoff wins by a QB in history. He is tied with Jo Mo for appearances and has 1 more win.

Denver has never really been able to protect the QB... Elway has the career for most sacks in a career... But also has multiple Super Bowl appearances and two back to back rings...

5 appearances in the SB with 2 wins....Tied with Brady. If the Pats can beat the crows sunday he will own the record all by himself.

Tebow won a playoff game!? No, the Broncos won a playoff game. Do you really want a long list of lousy QBs who have won a playoff game? TJ Yates won a playoff game with the Texans last year, how about Kordell Stewart? Neil O'Donnell? Rex Grossman? Mark Sanchez? Need more? John Elway was past his prime behind a great offensive line that paved the way for a 2,000 yd rusher in Terrell Davis when he got back to back Superbowls, before that he was labeled a choke artist too, just like Marino and Peyton. BTW, your belief that Denver was poor in pass protection during the Elway years has no bearing on 2013.[/QUOTE]

As far as choking...this is where we can call out the head coach as the choker. Dan Reeves took two different teams to the SB and couldnt get the job done with either. He had 3 chances in Denver and failed all three...enter Mike Shanahan and Denver wins back to back rings

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

OK, following your premiss of Tebow sucks...Hes got one more playoff win with the broncos then Peyton! :):

Do we really have to address bad QBs winning playoff games again?

OH, and i dont really "love" Tebow, i would just like to see the kid get a legitimate shot before everyone relegates him to the trash heap.

A little NFL hisotry for you...Denver was NOT the team to draft Elway. THAT was the Colts, and THEY tried to make him a TE. He said screw this imma play baseball...So the Dolts traded him to Denver. The rest is history.

My point being, the man tied for MOST SB appearances in NFL hisotry was once said to "not have it" to be an NFL starting QB.

Can you source the info that Colts wanted Elway to be a TE, I have serious doubts about that considering Elway was the number 1 overall pick in the 83 Draft. The Colts were a trainwreck back then and Elway didn't want any part of it. I was already aware that the BALTIMORE Colts drafted Elway, but thanks for the history lesson.

Tim Tebow has started 16 games including the postseason, That is more of an opportunity than most QBs receive.

5 appearances in the SB with 2 wins....Tied with Brady. If the Pats can beat the crows sunday he will own the record all by himself.

As far as choking...this is where we can call out the head coach as the choker. Dan Reeves took two different teams to the SB and couldnt get the job done with either. He had 3 chances in Denver and failed all three...enter Mike Shanahan and Denver wins back to back rings[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Is it possible for a team to lose a playoff game and not choke? Was John Elway a choke artist when his teams were steamrolled in the Superbowl by the Giants and 49ers? Or were the Giants and 49ers just better teams?

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste

Do we really have to address bad QBs winning playoff games again?

Can you source the info that Colts wanted Elway to be a TE, I have serious doubts about that considering Elway was the number 1 overall pick in the 83 Draft. The Colts were a trainwreck back then and Elway didn't want any part of it. I was already aware that the BALTIMORE Colts drafted Elway, but thanks for the history lesson.

Tim Tebow has started 16 games including the postseason, That is more of an opportunity than most QBs receive.

As far as choking...this is where we can call out the head coach as the choker. Dan Reeves took two different teams to the SB and couldnt get the job done with either. He had 3 chances in Denver and failed all three...enter Mike Shanahan and Denver wins back to back rings[/COLOR]

Is it possible for a team to lose a playoff game and not choke? Was John Elway a choke artist when his teams were steamrolled in the Superbowl by the Giants and 49ers? Or were the Giants and 49ers just better teams?[/QUOTE]

As i said before...you can lay the "steamrolling" square in Reeves lap. There are more than a few instances where you can lay problems in the lap of the coaching staff. Reeves in Denver and Atlanta, Shotenheimer and Turner in SD, prolly a few more i am not thinking of at the moment.

Making Elway into a TE is old info...if a catch a few moments later i may try scrounge it up.

newgunguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    delaware county
    peyton

I thought Denver's play calling was a little too conservative. I think the coach put too much faith in his defense. I am not sure why as they were making Falco look better than he is. Baltimore's defense did play tough, but 28 pts. in regulation was enough to win. IMO, this one was on Denver's D...

I agree

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't think the colts wanted Elway to be a TE, Elway felt he could not be successful with the colts (if I remember right they ended up not being to hot most of those years). So he said I am good at baseball and demanded a trade or was going to play for the Yankees.

Now on the team getting TEABOW to the playoffs if I remember right Denver was 1-4 before he was a starter and they then went 7-4 with a 6 game win streak.... Along with the playoff win...now if the team got him there how did they do that as 1-4 before they started TEABOW?

Top Bottom