• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jagdhund

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have been looking at the CZ452/455's and like the FS models, but really this questions applies to all rifles with mannlicher style stocks. Does this style of stock affect the accuracy?
    I know most target rifles and "precision" rifles are completely free floated with bull barrels, and these stocks are usually marketed for hunting rifles. So if I were to buy one mostly for target shooting, would a non free floated barrel be an issue?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    From what I have heard the Mannlicher style is made for durability not accuracy as we consider it today. I have seen the recommendation to bed the action and then bed a spot on the barrel about 3" from the end of the stock while free floating the rest of the barrel. But then again...I have a number of military weapons with sights to 2k meters but they are made to shoot at an army not a target.

I suppose it depends on what kind of accuracy you are looking for. Myself, I've always liked the look and I'm sure they are accurate enough to do what most folks need...or at least they have historically proven so.

Jagdhund

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have several milsurps with plenty of wood, but I was looking at getting a good .22 for target shooting. As much as I like the looks of the mannlicher stock....
    tumblr_mi5019G8K91r7emyeo2_500.jpg
    I'm hoping for an MOA or sub-MOA .22 so that I can cheaply practice my shooting abilities before moving to longer range. So will a full stock hinder its ability? Do I need to go to the traditional/ugly target style rifle?

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    Cz has a way of wringing accuracy from everything they make. I dont have any experience with this model but all the cz 22 rifles I have owned have shot sub moa if I do my part. By the way it looks killer. I would give a little just for the look.

Top Bottom