• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    So like everyone I'm stuck home and bored and thought why not get some target practice in and being that everyone in the world bought ammo I can't afford to use what I have, so my question is has anyone ever used the mantisx shooting system? It looks really good and just like to hear some users opinions on it and how it works for them, thanks

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I use the X10, along with a laser module and free software to record hits. I 3d printed a railed baseplate for a glock mag so I could use my existing holster.

Anything you can do to increase dryfire practice is helpful IMO.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    I have the original MantisX and highly recommend it. Combine it with some Ben Stoeger drills and Laser Activated Shot Reporter you have a winning combination. Once you get the slow fire trigger pulls mastered you can gradually speed up. Initially your faster trigger pull scores will be extremely low. You have to learn what speed you can pull the trigger smoothly and then gradually speed up.

With the LASR software you can combine the information with Mantis scores and detetmine how fast you can shoot multiple shots with combat accuracy. I have not used the Mantis with live fire because I am drawing from a holster. However I need to use it to de termine why I am not shooting as well with my highly accurate Beretta 92 versus what should be lesd accurate shorter barrel striker fire pistols.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Increase your reserves. This is not the 1st time we have seen this. It is a repeat cycle and we should be ready for these things.

Amen. I am not hurting but I will be better prepared going forward to the point that I do not even notice a shortage.

whtsti2005

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Carmel
    I have had a Mantis 10 for awhile now and it is a great training tool. The 10 is great as it can measure your draw times and accuracy while making the shot. This is a great tool to use doing dry fire and has helped when I get to the range. I feel it is well worth the money spent. I has a lot of great options and you can also mount it on a rifle

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just came out. Haven't watched yet. It's a Jerry vid though...

[video=youtube;lhBIdL3ngKs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhBIdL3ngKs&feature=em-uploademail[/video]

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    I've not used one, but when asking about the CoolFire training system, I've received quite a lot of positive feedback about the Mantis. My brother in law just got one and was telling me about it. So I started looking closer. Then Jerry posted the video yesterday. Figured it must be a sign to buy one. Ha ha. We're supposed to stimulate the economy some how right?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom