• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Ok i have a question. What kind of license would you need to manufacture firearms? Im specifically thinking making AR lowers.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Ok i have a question. What kind of license would you need to manufacture firearms? Im specifically thinking making AR lowers.
    I believe that would be a Class 07 Manufacturer's FFL.

I can't find the list at the moment, but I know a 01 is a dealer and a 03 is a C&R. I think a 02 is a pawnbroker, and I'm not sure about 04, 05, and 06, though I think they are importers. There are also license types for manufacturers and dealers in Dangerous Devices/Explosives, which if memory serves, run like $3K/3yr.

Hope that helps!

Blessings,
    B

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    That does help. Im still doing research and just have a hard time finding the legal stuff that you have to go through for manufacturing.

CraigMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Mooresville
    i was just looking for that form... you can call the ATF @ 703-455-7801 and they will send you a info pack with form for form#7. good luck!

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    is the type 07 the same as [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]F 1 (5320.1)[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Application to Make and Register a Firearm?[/FONT]
    No, the type 07 license is what allows you to do it as a business. The Form 1 is what makes each particular firearm (or receiver) legal.

Blessings,
    B

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    is the type 07 the same as [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]F 1 (5320.1)[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Application to Make and Register a Firearm?

[/FONT]

I believe the form you need is this one......

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] F 5310.12 (F7) - Application for License Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms[/FONT]

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    man you guys are great. so this would allow me to make and sell my own lowers? just trying to get a business plan in order

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Where would Class 3 dealers fall on the list? Class 3 manufacturers?

From the ATF website

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How does a person qualify to import, manufacture, or deal in NFA firearms?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He must be licensed under the GCA and pay the required special (occupational) tax imposed by the NFA. In addition, an importer (except importers of sporting shotguns and shotgun ammunition) must also be registered with ATF under the Arms Export Control Act of 1976.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After becoming licensed under the GCA, he must take the following steps: ATF Form 5630.7 with the appropriate tax payment in the entire amount must be filed with ATF in accordance with instructions on the form.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you have any questions, call the National Firearm Act Branch at (304) 616-4500 or visit the website located at: ATF Online - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][26 U.S.C. 5801, 18 U.S.C. 923, 27 CFR 447.31, 478.41, 479.34 and 479.193][/FONT]

Top Bottom