• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    Does the state house still sell maps? I'm looking for a few topo maps of some different parks and standard Boundry maps. Anybody got any info on where to get some

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The last time I bought one, it was in the Government Center several years ago. If you are not familiar with topographic maps be aware that the quadrangle (map) you are interested in may be decades old. These are not updated regularly. As an example, the topographic map that is available for Ft. Harrison, Indiana was created in 1967 (I think).

The trails and boundarys of what you're looking for, may not be accurate. Here is a link to the Department of Natural Resources site: DNR: Publication and Map Sales

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Yes, you can buy them downtown for $10. I just picked some up this past summer. Address is:

402 west Washington St
    Room W160

Go in main doors and hang a left. Go through two sets of doors, it's on your left.

Note that there is a metal detector and guards to enter. I had to take my spyderco back to the car.

Definitely gotta know the quad # or they can't help you.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    Ill probably down load a few free ones then once i find a promising area go get the paper map i want. I put together a strategy for deer hunting last year that i need the use of a topo map for. It worked quite well and now i want to try and employ it in a harder hunted area aka public area and see what kind of results i get.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    if you are looking for basic maps of parks, etc. Try DNR website. For topo maps, you'll be paying couple bucks. One of the things I was looking at for my BOB was topo maps of the area and fallback locations. $10 per map was about right on the price.

Top Bottom