• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mofohead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I came down from Fort Wayne with one goal in mind...ok maybe two. The first one was to HOPEFULLY find a sub-2000. I know, I know....so is eleventy billion other people and nobody has them. We got in the door and immediately made our way to the far side of the building to work our way back to the front. Covered every booth walking down isle after isle. Finally when we were in the very last isle I looked a few booths over and sure enough I saw somebody handling one. I thougth I was going to trample people trying to get to this booth. But then I got there and was not only disappointment but somewhat pissed off. This guy had a used .40 sub-2000 and a brand new 9mm sub-2000. The new 9mm was priced at $500 and the used .40 was priced at $700. He also had a KSG there priced at $1800!!!! Now I can understand the supply and demand thing.....demand is high and supply is very limited. But I also know that the cost on the sub-2k's are roughly $260 so clearly he was trying to double his money. But this is what pissed me off. They actually tried to tell me that Kel Tech has closed their doors, halted production, and is going out of business due to a personal dispute between the husband and wife that own the company and with the company going out of business you wouldn't be able to get anymore of those weapons. Clearly this guy assumed I had my head up my ass and he could BS me into paying way more for a weapon that was worth about $300. I offered him $325....and obviously I didn't bring home my sub-2k :(

My second goal of the day was to POSSIBLY bring home a SKS if I couldn't find a sub-2k. Wow...were prices waaay out of line for those or was it just me? Since when is the going rate for a SKS $450+? I did actually find one guy right inside the main door that had a nice SKS for $275. I probably should have grabbed it but for some reason I really want to hold on to my funds in hopes that somebody will get some sub-2ks.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I hate to tell you this but we (Indy Trading Post) sold our last one today for $359, check back with us, we'll be getting more!

You must have started at the wrong end!

andrew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Where the fur traders sang
    I stopped at that table. $700 for a used .40 Sub 2k... wow. I did however get to check the Sub 2k out in person finally, which was nice.

While I was at that booth, I saw 4 people there drooling over the KSG, I don't know much about them, but at $1800, I wasn't interested in learning.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Dang---really sad that you had such a bad time----

I went there looking for NOTHING -----came away with several fine items that I really didnt know I needed......

Try the Muncie Gun Show next weekend---24th,and 25th

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    What is the protocol for "gouging"
    $1500-1800 is insulting.
    supply and demand my @$$
    Can we post this dealers name and starve him back to a career, like, Dairy Queen ?

Sorry,---I really like Dairy Queen ..:)

Last edited:

Mofohead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I hate to tell you this but we (Indy Trading Post) sold our last one today for $359, check back with us, we'll be getting more!

You must have started at the wrong end!

Dang!!! I've been patiently waiting so I will continue to wait and check back with you guys.

I wouldn't say that the 1500 was a waste of my time though. I had never been to the 1500 so it was great going. I just had a couple of specific items I was looking for that didn't pan out.

Now, if I had my tax return back already I may been willing to add items to my shopping list.

I'm going to check with my buddy to see if he remembers who the guy was at that booth. I've been stewing about that crook all day. I'm just really bothered by the fact that he would tell such a blatant lie to try to get someone to say "you know what, yes I would love to pay double for that gun today".

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    When I saw the KSG I was drooling. I saw the price and asked about it. He told me that they only released a couple of them, but he got one. I told him that I wouldn't even pick it up, since that one must be silver lined.

Walked away and shook my head. I am interested in one of those, but obviously he was there to get someone hooked in. Hey, maybe he did sell it. Good for him. Everyone needs to make money. If he can live with the lies and survive with the price gouging then so be it.

His price and my demand did not come close. I had cash on hand... wasn't looking for one, but will be now.

Mofohead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Was everybody at the 1500 really proud of their SKS's or was it just me? Like I said earlier I saw one with a couple SKS's (one was really nice) and they were $275. I saw people there that had them priced well of $500.

Were they crazy or was it just me????

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Dang!!! I've been patiently waiting so I will continue to wait and check back with you guys.

I wouldn't say that the 1500 was a waste of my time though. I had never been to the 1500 so it was great going. I just had a couple of specific items I was looking for that didn't pan out.

Now, if I had my tax return back already I may been willing to add items to my shopping list.

I'm going to check with my buddy to see if he remembers who the guy was at that booth. I've been stewing about that crook all day. I'm just really bothered by the fact that he would tell such a blatant lie to try to get someone to say "you know what, yes I would love to pay double for that gun today".

That's one thing you NEVER do. Don't go to a gun show with ONE specific gun in mind because you WON'T find a good deal on. Go with a selection of firearms in mind and know how much you can get them for everywhere else and you will more than likely walk away with a deal.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    and the Obama price inflation on guns and ammo begins again

You got it.

I stay away from the 1500 anyways. Ive been there twice and evey time I find something Im interested in I can always think of places I can find it cheaper. Its nice to go to if you are in the market for something, but dont know what it is yet. Window shopping I guess you could call it. However, with this being election year, I would only expect prices to keep going up and stay up until at least the 2nd year into the new or renewed presidency.

Also, dont bother taking a gun there to sell. I took a LNIB Ruger SP101 with me one time and was asking (I think) $375. Almost every dealer wanted to stop me to look at it, and none of them offered me over $200. I eventually just told the guys behind the tables I was looking to sell it to a regular joe, knowing they would try to low ball me to no end.

Gun shows in general have such a disappointment to me in the last 2 years Ive stopped going and dont plan on visiting one anytime soon.

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    I was a bit disappointed as well. I did get a couple good shotguns and some ammo but the prices were way high on some of what I was looking for and a good few of the guns I wanted were absent. Used to go to the 1500 and be more than pleased but hadnt went for 2-3 years and it seemed like it used to be better. Oh well back online I go.

LoganStone

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    It had been 8 years since my last visit, and I must say, things have changed. Not all for the better. Still, I stuck around for 5 hours, met some great folks and even bought a few guns and some bulk ammo. I will be returning again soon.

JoshuaRWhite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    South Bend, Indiana
    I want a KSG bad, we've got one at work but it's for the raffle so I can't enter in on it with me being an employee. $900 MSRP but on gun broker and at gun shows they are going anywhere between $1000-$3000. Ridiculous.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I have to ask.... what the hell was up with Mini-14 prices? I ran across multiple used mini's for $800-950. One was a roughly used stainless/wood police issue for $875. I could walk 3 aisle over and buy a NEW mini-14 for $679. Seriously? I was a little disappointed, but not bad. I did learn that I do not enjoy carrying around a 9.5 lb battle rifle(empty) in a tight environment for 3 hours. My arms were sore!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    You got it.

I stay away from the 1500 anyways. Ive been there twice and evey time I find something Im interested in I can always think of places I can find it cheaper. Its nice to go to if you are in the market for something, but dont know what it is yet. Window shopping I guess you could call it. However, with this being election year, I would only expect prices to keep going up and stay up until at least the 2nd year into the new or renewed presidency.

Also, dont bother taking a gun there to sell. I took a LNIB Ruger SP101 with me one time and was asking (I think) $375. Almost every dealer wanted to stop me to look at it, and none of them offered me over $200. I eventually just told the guys behind the tables I was looking to sell it to a regular joe, knowing they would try to low ball me to no end.

Gun shows in general have such a disappointment to me in the last 2 years Ive stopped going and dont plan on visiting one anytime soon.

You've got to understand that the dealers have to make something on the guns they buy from you! You wanted $375, he offered $200, you may have been able to get $250-$275 then he'd sell it for $300- $350 depending on condition. If the dealers can't make a profit they can't stay in business to buy and sell guns to the rest of us!

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    i took the Golani and got lots of interest. I was asking $650 with 9 mags, got offers from $550-600. But since I was not in a hurry and there were no Mini-14's at a reasonable price I brought it home. Still enjoy the rifle, just was ready for something new. I wasn't upset, I still like it.

Top Bottom