• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Str8himalaya

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    I am a little new to the gun show scene. From what I have read on indiana gun laws, you cannot carry a loaded gun into a gun show. So how exactly does this work? Can I carry a magazine into the show? It would seem a little hard to believe since you can buy ammo there, but how would I carry my firearm if I were thinking about selling it? Can I have a magazine in it?

cscheurich

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Attica In
    my question is how do they know they have checked all firearms im sure someone has told them no i dont have a fire arm on me do they have wands or send you through a metal detector? just curious i know there are people out there would be dishonest just so that they could carry not saying it would be an ingo member but i know of folks who have bragged about carrying a loaded firearm at smaller gun shows

bigdaddy1746

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    It is state law you can not carry any guns or weapons on state fair grounds property not just the rules of the gun and knife show

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It is state law you can not carry any guns or weapons on state fair grounds property not just the rules of the gun and knife show

Nope. Only during the actual state fair.

If what you claim were true, how on earth could they ever have the gun show there in violation of the law?

And welcome to INGO. :)

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)

I yanked my mag out and put it in my pocket and handed my gun over like a good citizen. Got pretty worried when the officer couldn't manage to pull the slide back on my 1911 and rather than look at it he started pulling it harder and harder.....until I says....sir "the safety is on." He looks at it, smiles at me and says, "It's only 8am and I'm already doing this... it's gonna be a long day." Straps the zip tie in the magwell and sends me on my way. :ingo:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have been to a couple shows where they want to see an unloaded magazine as well. Seemed odd, but I complied.

I always have a couple spares on my hip.

If you are planning on buying a rig or a mag just asked the officer to put the tie in which ever way it will help. I have done that as well.

Have had and seen some of the police have trouble with some firearms. Just because they carry one doesn't mean they are all knowing about each and every firearm out there. Kind of nice when they can joke about it, rather than acting all pissy because they can't function check.

Top Bottom