• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rover1954

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    went friday at 330 had to park in tne infeild walked 3/4th mile to get there inside cattle line walk NO GOOD DEALS will shop at gun shops from now on!!!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    went friday at 330 had to park in tne infeild walked 3/4th mile to get there inside cattle line walk NO GOOD DEALS will shop at gun shops from now on!!!

I got there at 4:10, parked just across the street for free, saved shipping on numerous items that were the same price as online. You don't realize that this IS a giant gunshop.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I got there about 3:30 too. I got lucky and parked pretty close to the door. There were several other events going on at the Fairgrounds this weekend, so there were a lot of other vehicles. Had a great time and found a fantastic deal on a nice S&W pre-lock revolver. There were a few good deals in there.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Sorry you had to walk so far. If you walked 3/4 of a mile though you had to have gotten lost. It is .32 miles from the furthest point in the infield to the entrance of the building the 1500 was held in. Did you go through the tunnel under the track or did you walk around?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Sorry you had to walk so far. If you walked 3/4 of a mile though you had to have gotten lost. It is .32 miles from the furthest point in the infield to the entrance of the building the 1500 was held in. Did you go through the tunnel under the track or did you walk around?

Your wasting your time, haters gonna hate.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County

+100 Rep Inbound!!! LOL

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

The 1500 is what it is; you got a bunch of vendors looking to screw everyone that walks thru the door:spend:, you got a bunch of "customers" looking to jerk the shades over the eyes of every vendor there:mallninja:.

Somewhere in the middle of all of that mess is the item that you want but don't want to purchase online because you want to "fondle" :naughty:it first. Somewhere in there is the guy who knows that he can get it online for a buck or two less but knows that shipping, transfer fees, etc make it a slightly better deal to buy it hands on:oldwise:. And somewhere in there are people like myself that think it's great for people watching:popcorn:, touching all the cool toys:wwub:, seeing all the old neat C&R stuff:biggun:, buying another bag of those damn peanuts:rockwoot:and generally spending several hours away from the honey do list for less than $20:bacondance:.

Gun shows aren't for "Killer deals":alright:, you might get lucky and find something ocasssionally but at every table? Ain't gonna happen.:noway:

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I was there at the same time,it was a little cramped at first. There were some good deals on ammo but not any cheaper than my local shop. So going to spend my money there to keep the doors open. I did buy a mag for 1911 9mm for 20 bucks thought that was a good deal. This was my first time. I'd go back ( probably not every time).

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    The 1500 is what it is; you got a bunch of vendors looking to screw everyone that walks thru the door:spend:, you got a bunch of "customers" looking to jerk the shades over the eyes of every vendor there:mallninja:.

Somewhere in the middle of all of that mess is the item that you want but don't want to purchase online because you want to "fondle" :naughty:it first. Somewhere in there is the guy who knows that he can get it online for a buck or two less but knows that shipping, transfer fees, etc make it a slightly better deal to buy it hands on:oldwise:. And somewhere in there are people like myself that think it's great for people watching:popcorn:, touching all the cool toys:wwub:, seeing all the old neat C&R stuff:biggun:, buying another bag of those damn peanuts:rockwoot:and generally spending several hours away from the honey do list for less than $20:bacondance:.

Gun shows aren't for "Killer deals":alright:, you might get lucky and find something ocasssionally but at every table? Ain't gonna happen.:noway:

WOW, my feelings exactly, being able to look over something before buying
    or finding a rare and needed part hidden in a box of what some people would call " junk " is a great way to spend a Friday Or Sat afternoon ( for me anyway, ).
    The Deals are there , sometimes they just need to have some leg work used to hunt them down. Gun Shows/Indy 1500 are good places for that .

( femurphy77,Thanks for saving my old fingers a lot of typing, Rep your way. )

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    OK I dislike paying 5 bucks to park, especially when they pay the attendants minimum wage, didn't cross their feeble minds to give the grunts a little boost!!! 10 bucks to get in, there's at least 3 times the vendors of most local shows. As far as the wheeling and dealing isn't that part of being a gun owner ??? Besides on the parts that I sold, Butch gave me a third more than I wanted for them and they weren't anything special. Watched as he took a guys name and address said he'd send out the parts he needed Monday just send him the money when he got them!!! The secret of finding good people to deal with, is seek them out and when you find them do business with them!!!! As a whole had a great time even the short wait in line was pleasant traded stories with a guy and his son from Peru....:@ya:.......Duce<><

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I usually go for the stuff thats harder to find, like small parts, I needed some new gas rings for my AR, I went in January and got 12 rings for 1.00. Online they wanted 3 bucks for 3 of them and then wanted 4-5 bucks to ship. so the 1500 has its pluses and minuses. I may go tomorrow, can't decide.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I got to watch two guys discuss a really nice Fin Mosin. The knowledge that the vendor had was like 7.62x54r.net had read my mind and was spitting knowledge out at me. I also got to look at some really nice knives up close that i would have had to drive all over town to see. There was one vendor that had several Pythons that were awesome to see even though i could never drop the money for one. Plus i got to meet Que, Knife lady and LoveMyWoods, that alone was worth admission. I had a great time at this Indy 1500, heck my GF even got a little excited and wanted to get some stuff for herself this time around.

I also got to see on of the funniest mental beat downs, when a customer called out a vendor that was trying to sell a cheap Japanese imitation MP40 as original. The customer just gave a history lesson on that particular piece and i had to leave the table laughing at the "damn i got busted" look on the vendors face.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    red = whiny patronizing voice

I hate going places where so many other people go, so I have to walk far.
    I hate that I only have firearms with the most popular calibers so ammo
    prices are premium no matter where I go. I hate having so many dealers
    and collectors in one place where I might find something I wanted that isn't
    made anymore.:(

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I dont go every time the 1500 is open but its a good place to find things that shipping isnt really an option. I got all my stuff at right about the same price i would have paid online but i didnt have to pay hazmat fees (primers and powder). All in all with the parking and the price to get in it came out about exactly the same as i would have paid at a LGS or online (without hazmat fees) but i got out of the house and work for the day and got to hang out with a friend and look at some guns. All in all not a bad day.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    thats funny. i bought a saiga in 7.62 for 360 bucks.. seems like a good deal to me.. you just have to have patience. and it seems like you obviously have none.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I dont go every time the 1500 is open but its a good place to find things that shipping isnt really an option. I got all my stuff at right about the same price i would have paid online but i didnt have to pay hazmat fees (primers and powder). All in all with the parking and the price to get in it came out about exactly the same as i would have paid at a LGS or online (without hazmat fees) but i got out of the house and work for the day and got to hang out with a friend and look at some guns. All in all not a bad day.

+1 :yesway:

I saw the FN 5.7 up close and personal, and really like it. Definitely on the acquire list.;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom