• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You are preaching to the choir, Act. I was at a pro-2A rally in front of the Statehouse in early 2013. Really cold day, but there was close to 1,000 (we walked a lap around the Statehouse and had two block covered 3-4 wide on the sidewalk). The crowd was described as "dozens".

Then there's yesterday with "hundreds". By definition hundreds is at least 200 I believe, I say no way.

Hundreds of people gathered at the Indiana Statehouse Saturday afternoon to unite together and demand justice for the police action shooting that killed 45-year-old Aaron Bailey.

Hundreds stand and demand justice for Aaron Bailey | Fox 59

:)
    Hey, I was there. With my new rifle, Black Betty. Yes, so brand new, I didn't have sights yet.

IMG_9342-X2.jpg

front (behind the "shall not be infringed" guy)
    IMG_9303-X2.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Who is the radical Islamist you're speaking of, or are you just stereotyping due to that person being Muslim? You do understand the problem if the latter is true, right? There a fair amount of hypocrisy in decrying the false narrative of the NRA being racist, while push forth a false narrative yourself.

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.c...ance-is-embracing-the-wrong-palestinians/amp/

One of the organizers of Wednesday’s “Day Without a Woman” general strike is none other than Rasmea Odeh, who was convicted of murdering two Israeli college students and now faces deportation for lying on her US immigration forms about her terrorist past.

She’s not the only Palestinian extremist championed by the new women’s movement. One of the four co-organizers of last month’s Women’s March on Washington was anti-Israel zealot Linda Sarsour, a supporter of the bigoted BDS movement.

More about Sarsour:

https://www.algemeiner.com/2017/01/27/womens-march-figure-linda-sarsours-radical-background-ties/

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Leveling charges of racism against those with opposing view points is a tried and true tactic used by those promoting extremism.

Here is an excerpt from Radical: My Journey out of Islamist Extremism written by Maajid Nawaz. (See paragraph three.)

20170716_100609_zpscznzyhoc_edit_1500215473958_zpstsiriaw0.jpg

Nawaz is a British citizen and former Islamist. He was one of the most successful recruiters and spokesmen for Hizb ut-Tahir, a group designated as an extremist organization in many countries.

Nawaz helped establish HT groups in England, Denmark, Pakistan, and Egypt. Ultimately it was his work in Egypt that led to a 4 year prison term since HT was a banned organization due to past efforts to recruit within Egyptian military ranks. HT's ultimate goal was to infiltrate the military and execute a coup in a predominantly Muslim country to establish a caliphate and Muslim state.

It was his time in the Egyptian prison that ultimately led Nawaz away from his extremism, as he realized how Islam was being used and corrupted in order to recruit radicals.

He now runs an organization that calls out Islamic extremism and works to defend the true religious aspects of Islam. Needless to say, this has earned him enemies on both sides of the spectrum.

https://www.quilliaminternational.com

His book is a fascinating read. I recommend it to anyone looking for a better understanding of how young men are radicalized and how extremism is cultivated, promoted and spread.

ETA: Sorry for the :hijack:. I will open a new thread to discuss the book and other points raised here.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I'll remind you that that claim against Sarsour, was that she was a radical Islamist. And while she has said and done things that may raise eyebrows, none of information you posted would lead one to conclusion that she is a radical Islamist.... especially in the way we view the meaning of, in America.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'll remind you that that claim against Sarsour, was that she was a radical Islamist. And while she has said and done things that may raise eyebrows, none of information you posted would lead one to conclusion that she is a radical Islamist.... especially in the way we view the meaning of, in America.

Seeing as how we haven't yet defined radical Islamism and how the meaning is viewed in America, I've laid out my definition of it here:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...439859-what-radical-islamist.html#post7167922

I don't want to continue to thread jack, so I'm going to suggest we take the discussion to that thread. But based on the definition of Islamism I lay out there, explained there, I stand by by statement of Sarsour. I do believe she is an Islamist. That doesn't mean she is violent or a terrorist by any means, but she does use a corrupted and fundamentalist view of Islam to advance a political ideology.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seeing as how we haven't yet defined radical Islamism and how the meaning is viewed in America, I've laid out my definition of it here:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...439859-what-radical-islamist.html#post7167922

I don't want to continue to thread jack, so I'm going to suggest we take the discussion to that thread. But based on the definition of Islamism I lay out there, explained there, I stand by by statement of Sarsour. I do believe she is an Islamist. That doesn't mean she is violent or a terrorist by any means, but she does use a corrupted and fundamentalist view of Islam to advance a political ideology.

ok

Top Bottom