• ...and so much more!
  • cardio1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    South of Paradise
    According to the President of the United States in New Yorker magazine:
    "As has been well documented, I smoked pot as a kid, and I view it as a bad habit and a vice, not very different from the cigarettes that I smoked as a young person up through a big chunk of my adult life,'' he said in a magazine interview. "I don't think it is more dangerous than alcohol.

Of course he's telling the truth, just like he always does.....

calum

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    N.Central Indiana
    We're heading towards legalization; he's just getting ahead of the wave. Media will soon follow; I look to see lots of pro-legalization stuff in MSM very soon. It'll be legal across the country in 10 years. But the stoners are going to be in for a harsh surprise... the IRS will be the one kicking in their doors instead of the DEA.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    If you think this is an untrue statement, please identify the ways that marijuana is worse than alcohol.

One joint has the equal amount of tar as 20 cigarettes.

People who drink can have one or two beers with dinner and not be drunk or even drink to get wasted. Weed smokers oth, set out to get blazed EVERY time they spark up. Otherwise, what's the point?

You are inhaling a burned carbon into your lungs which, btw, is the fastest way to get a substance into the human bloodstream.

who knows what that weed has been fertilized with or sprayed with. Clickums anyone?

alcohol has a measured amount of decay/metabolism in the human body that can be calculated. Weed, well how do you measure the potency, amount smoked, amount of time held in the lungs being absorbed or the effect on one person to the next?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The responses are already making me laugh. Marijuanna is not worse than alcohol. Alcohol is poison to your body hence the reaction. I'm not saying don't drink. Also marijuanna does not have to be smoked and if it is there are ways to cut down the tar so your tar argument goes out the window. I don't do either but its so stupid that pot is illegal. Now that states and the Feds are seeing the tax revenue far surpasses the revenue their Leo monkeys have been getting off it we will see it legalized very soon across the board. This will be a hot topic in the next presidential election. I hope the republicans don't play the holier than thou card on this issue or they will get their asses beat again.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Idc either way. The stuff just isn't for me tho. I know if I have a beer, I have a glass of water and wait at least 30 mins to drive, good luck doing that blazed out of your gord.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I would be one of the first to advocate against the use of either, but I can't think of a single good reason to make marijuana illegal, it's insanely costly for us to fight against and the fight is almost entirely ineffective anyway. I want as few laws on the books as possible, if you think marijuana use is wrong, convince people not to use it. Don't recruit JBT's via the legislature to force them because you can't make a good argument.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012

People who drink can have one or two beers with dinner and not be drunk or even drink to get wasted. Weed smokers oth, set out to get blazed EVERY time they spark up. Otherwise, what's the point?

You are inhaling a burned carbon into your lungs which, btw, is the fastest way to get a substance into the human bloodstream.

who knows what that weed has been fertilized with or sprayed with. Clickums anyone?

alcohol has a measured amount of decay/metabolism in the human body that can be calculated. Weed, well how do you measure the potency, amount smoked, amount of time held in the lungs being absorbed or the effect on one person to the next?

Your logic is flawed.
    Why do people smoke Tabbacco?

Marijuana is not only smoked via joint. Bongs. Vaporizers, and brownies are also popular methods.

You can't get "trashed" smoking or eating marijuana.

People drink alcohol to get a buzz at the least otherwise they would drink juice or water.

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Marijuana is only illegal because the timber and paper industries were worried about competition. The "morality police" have been quite a useful tool in justifying the asinine war on drugs.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I am curious if once it is legalized, if employers can not hire you if it shows up during a drug test. Obviously being high at work is grounds for being fired, but could they not hire you because you smoke it at home?

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Idc either way. The stuff just isn't for me tho. I know if I have a beer, I have a glass of water and wait at least 30 mins to drive, good luck doing that blazed out of your gord.

I can tell you have never been "blazed out of your gord". People who are blazed out of their gord aren't just smoking marijuana.
    You can't smoke so much you can't walk that's just not the way marijuana works.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Not sure if this is true, but I don't think it demonstrates how weed is worse than alcohol.

I don't think this is true at all. People use alcohol and weed for all the same reasons, and to all the same degrees.

Some people argue that's a good thing. But if you're not using it, its a moot point.

Ditto for all the ingredients of alcohol. Who knows what the hops and barley were fertilized with? Who knows what kind of genetically modified lifeforms were used in the brew? Was the water filtered? Does it contain fluoride or other contaminants?

I don't think the measurement techniques affect the argument. Is something bad because you don't know how to measure it? It doesn't follow.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I am curious if once it is legalized, if employers can not hire you if it shows up during a drug test. Obviously being high at work is grounds for being fired, but could they not hire you because you smoke it at home?

This will be especially tricky until federal law is in alignment with state and a few liability cases are decided in courts. If I were a business owner in a state where it was legal I would err on the side of caution and not hire anyone who tested positive, which carries its own risks, but I would rather have an "I didn't get a job" lawsuit on my hands than a "so and so got killed at work" lawsuit on my hands.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I can't think of a single good reason to make marijuana illegal, it's insanely costly for us to fight against and the fight is almost entirely ineffective anyway.
    Anybody calling themselves "fiscally conservative" loses credibility when they ignore the enormous cost of prohibition.

Marijuana is only illegal because the timber and paper industries were worried about competition.
    As well as the pharmaceutical industry and others.

"I don't think it is more dangerous than alcohol.

Of course he's telling the truth, just like he always does.....

Liars would be ineffective if they never said anything that was true. This statement is demonstrably true and will bring him credibility with millions of Americans who are tired of the failed, expensive, tyrannical, unjust, senseless War on Drugs. Whether he changes any policies is another matter, but the statement was smart.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Well, there might be a problem because of the testing procedure.
    At my work, if there is an incident that costs the company money, or an injury, you get sent to the dispensary for a breathalyzer and **** test.
    Any alcohol, fired.

But the problem with the **** test, is you could have smoked a couple days ago, and it's going to show up.
    So, my theory is, my employer will keep it on the ban list, just because he can't verify.

But, there may be other test. So I could be wrong.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    My only thing is that legalization will lead to massive taxation. We are already taxed enough, to the point of breaking, so why should we give the government another avenue for creating more pointless bureaucracies. I would love to see it legalized, don't get me wrong, but not taxed to the point of cigarettes or alcohol. Sadly, I'm afraid that if legalization were to happen, the only way for it to be feasible would be to tax the hell out of it and that would drive up the prices to ensure a black market like we already have. Or, I could be completely wrong.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My only thing is that legalization will lead to massive taxation. We are already taxed enough, to the point of breaking, so why should we give the government another avenue for creating more pointless bureaucracies. I would love to see it legalized, don't get me wrong, but not taxed to the point of cigarettes or alcohol. Sadly, I'm afraid that if legalization were to happen, the only way for it to be feasible would be to tax the hell out of it and that would drive up the prices to ensure a black market like we already have. Or, I could be completely wrong.
    I have no problem with a tax on what people use via purchases.
    What I have a problem with is property taxes, income taxes to name a couple. Yes we are taxed to death. But until people want that changed in mass, nothing's gonna change.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Yes we are taxed to death. But until people want that changed in mass, nothing's gonna change.

isn't that the point of the whole Libertarian movement? "Don't tread on me" and so forth? Perhaps if we abolish the Fed, EPA, FDA, TSA, Homeland Security, Dept of Education (just to name a few) we wouldn't need to be heavily taxed and the government could go back to protecting my individual rights instead of telling me how, what or why I should live my life. If I want to smoke pot, then I'll smoke pot. If I don't then I won't. But I don't need the government telling me that I have to pay them to allow me to ingest something. That's my business.

Top Bottom