Marine Corps backpack group buy opportunity.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I'm still in for at least 1 back pack if the price is $"X" or less.

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    So if we made the spread sheet we are in on the order?
    :dunno:

That's SmileDocHill's call. He has the packs and is the organizer. I just made the spreadsheet out of curiosity and to help out, but it appears that we have far more desired than we'll have enough packs for...

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If you're able to keep'em >$30, I'd be in for 1. Can PayPal and meet up. Thanks for the community service!:patriot:

Oh, I can certainly keep them greater than $30 but I think you meant less than $30. :D I really think they will be at or below $20 when it is all said and done but there are variables still out there. (The lids and waist belts need to be purchased and the cost of transport from OH to Westfield is still just an estimate at this point.)

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Oh, I can certainly keep them greater than $30 but I think you meant less than $30. :D I really think they will be at or below $20 when it is all said and done but there are variables still out there. (The lids and waist belts need to be purchased and the cost of transport from OH to Westfield is still just an estimate at this point.)

Just curious, where in Ohio are they located?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just curious, where in Ohio are they located?
    Lockbourne. A southern suburb of Columbus. It's about 3-3.5 hours and $30 from Indy.

I'm really wanting SmileDocHill to at least double his total outlay plus time spent, because I want him to do this again and again until everyone's got all of the stuff they want and he's rolling in $100 bills.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Lockbourne. A southern suburb of Columbus. It's about 3-3.5 hours and $30 from Indy.

I'm really wanting SmileDocHill to at least double his total outlay plus time spent, because I want him to do this again and again until everyone's got all of the stuff they want and he's rolling in $100 bills.

Will these be sold on a first come first serve after listed or the way the spread sheet shows our name?

Good points, let me elaborate.

The packs will be priced out with a zero profit margin logic. This started as a group buy for main packs and the philosophy for pricing those packs will be based on "I'm a guy that wants a cheap pack so I'm buying in bulk and selling the rest off at cost" Price determination: cost of winning bids for packs, belts, lids + auction house premium (10%) + tax + transportation from auction house to Westfield divided by the number of usable packs obtained (some may not be salvageable and the lots did say 50 approx. on each).

I'll take several of you up on your offer to help unload, sort, and maybe even clean at the time they arrive in my possession. This will help with accountability so nobody has to just take my word that I'm not holding a couple packs back, or miscounting (skimming) and so there can be greater confidence in the condition description for those that will arrange pickup through someone else and not see their pack until it arrives.

The matter of who will get them, first come first serve, or everybody gets one then start back at the beginning for seconds??? Ideally there will be enough that this isn't an issue but it looks like it might. I can't really know if there will be a shortage or abundance until I know the final cost per pack since a lot of the people that chimed in and said "I would be up for some" may have been basing that on an assumption of a different price point.
    After overhead, costs, price, are known, and possession of the items is had I'll be able to iron out the details of payment options and starting up the INGO supply chain. I was a purchaser in a couple of the MRE group buys and it is amazing how fast those things got distributed. I'll be reviewing those threads as well as talking to their master minds to get guidance on what worked and what didn't.

Also, I'm getting some PM's offering to help with a lot of the aspects of this. I REALLY appreciate this and I'm trying to respond to them all. I'm keeping them all so when the time is known I'll send a PM in addition to posting the request on here. As of now, though, I don't know the details of "what" help I would be requesting let alone when and where it would be needed. Point being, I'm not ignoring you or less than grateful for the offers, I simply may have not replied to all of them.

Thanks,
    :ingo:

Any other concerns on how this plays out, post them up. Lack of communication in an endeavor that involves over 100 people from all over the state can escalate into a bad situation quick so, while I'm trying to be as transparent as possible, I'm sure I haven't thought to explain some things yet.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Good points, let me elaborate.

The packs will be priced out with a zero profit margin logic. This started as a group buy for main packs and the philosophy for pricing those packs will be based on "I'm a guy that wants a cheap pack so I'm buying in bulk and selling the rest off at cost" Price determination: cost of winning bids for packs, belts, lids + auction house premium (10%) + tax + transportation from auction house to Westfield divided by the number of usable packs obtained (some may not be salvageable and the lots did say 50 approx. on each).

I'll take several of you up on your offer to help unload, sort, and maybe even clean at the time they arrive in my possession. This will help with accountability so nobody has to just take my word that I'm not holding a couple packs back, or miscounting (skimming) and so there can be greater confidence in the condition description for those that will arrange pickup through someone else and not see their pack until it arrives.

The matter of who will get them, first come first serve, or everybody gets one then start back at the beginning for seconds??? Ideally there will be enough that this isn't an issue but it looks like it might. I can't really know if there will be a shortage or abundance until I know the final cost per pack since a lot of the people that chimed in and said "I would be up for some" may have been basing that on an assumption of a different price point.
    After overhead, costs, price, are known, and possession of the items is had I'll be able to iron out the details of payment options and starting up the INGO supply chain. I was a purchaser in a couple of the MRE group buys and it is amazing how fast those things got distributed. I'll be reviewing those threads as well as talking to their master minds to get guidance on what worked and what didn't.

Also, I'm getting some PM's offering to help with a lot of the aspects of this. I REALLY appreciate this and I'm trying to respond to them all. I'm keeping them all so when the time is known I'll send a PM in addition to posting the request on here. As of now, though, I don't know the details of "what" help I would be requesting let alone when and where it would be needed. Point being, I'm not ignoring you or less than grateful for the offers, I simply may have not replied to all of them.

Thanks,
    :ingo:

Any other concerns on how this plays out, post them up. Lack of communication in an endeavor that involves over 100 people from all over the state can escalate into a bad situation quick so, while I'm trying to be as transparent as possible, I'm sure I haven't thought to explain some things yet.

:yesway::yesway::yesway:

As offered before, I'd be glad to help you sort and inspect bag quality. I'll be free next weekend from all real obligations (if you have them by then).

I may even have a contact that can provide some sufficient repair work for some of the leftover packs if need be. It may be a slight added cost, but he specializes in military gear/uniforms/apparel and you may not have to "throw away" as many damaged packs.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

I agree that DocHill deserves appropriate compensation. :yesway:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    If I end up on the "getting a couple" list I would be happy to assit with transportation.

I will have to drive from my location in Fountain County to the Westfield pickup location along SR-41, I-74 and I-465 around Indy to the pickup location.

For instance I could meet members at an exit or the like or if someone is willing to wait a few days I do get to Terre Haute often and could meet others from down south there.

Let me know when you get word about ending up with your packs and your situation and we can go from there.

I also believe that at least anyone involved with this, purchasing, sorting, repairing, etc should get compensated in some way for their time and especially SmileDocHill..

Will payment be cash, paypal gifts or something else?

TJ

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I expect not sort of compensation for my contribution. Getting these packs for so cheap is all the compensation I want. But I do plan on compensating SmileDocHill as he deserves it for the trouble.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom