• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Way, way off topic, but... the gal that cuts my hair has moved so far out of town (didn't know she was trying to get away from me!) that I must find someone closer either downtown or on the northwest side of Indy that can do a Marine Corps style haircut. Any Devil Dogs out there have any recommendations?

Much appreciated and Semper Fi

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Way, way off topic, but... the gal that cuts my hair has moved so far out of town (didn't know she was trying to get away from me!) that I must find someone closer either downtown or on the northwest side of Indy that can do a Marine Corps style haircut. Any Devil Dogs out there have any recommendations?

At $25 a pop and a $5 tip, I don't think you want my bohemian hair dresser cutting your hair. :)

Try cornrows.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

If you are in Indy, the guys out at the "fort", don't do a bad job .....

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    4618803489_6e6a1fdcde_b.jpg

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'll cut it. I've had enough haircuts when I was in the Corps I'm sure I could duplicate it.
    I cut my son's hair like that in the summer. He'll even wear one of my old covers from time to time.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago

I have found that asking for a Police style haircut gets better results. That was before my wife learned how to cut my hair.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Hair Cuts

My Barber retired and a friend of mine told me to try out Sport Clips.

I find the Girls at Sport Clips do a wonderful job the only bad thing is their not
    licensed to do strait razor. They fall just short of a perfect barber:yesway:

I do see a few Police and military in the one over here on East Washington and German Church.

Check them out :rockwoot:

Last edited:

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I did the "high and tight" in High School, flat tops for a while thereafter and just keep it a simple length all around no guard now. Keeping it level and blending it without a mirror aren't hard skills to learn at all. I drop about $20 every three years for new trimmer and cut my hair about once every other week. You've seen it done many times and it grows back pretty quick there's no great length or styling, take an hour and learn to do it yourself and soon you'll be at a point where you can have it knocked out in 10 minutes. Just remember you can always make it shorter, it's going to be a while before it gets longer.

701638923_260.jpg

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    My Barber retired and a friend of mine told me to try out Sport Clips.

I find the Girls at Sport Clips do a wonderful job the only bad thing is their not
    licensed to do strait razor. They fall just short of a perfect barber:yesway:

I do see a few Police and military in the one over here on East Washington and German Church.

Check them out :rockwoot:
    totally agree! i go there every time! there are even some pretty good looking females in there. plus sports! its hard to go wrong.

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    Seeing as how you like men....I dont see how it matters :dunno: :gheyhi:

hahaha

well if you would get off your ass at work and help a brother out then you understand that real men dont have to make gay jokes to fellow coworkers to feel better about themselves!

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    totally agree! i go there every time! there are even some pretty good looking females in there. plus sports! its hard to go wrong.
    And a straight haircut costs how much? And for those that suggest I cut it myself...no way, did that once and ended up with a reverse mohawk in junior high! Thanks INGO for all the great responses!

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    there is a lady that cut my brother hair off of southeastern just walk in and tell her high and tight and she can help you out her son is in the army and my brother was in the corps and have been going to her for almost 10 years

marine2f3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Seriously? Dude its a high and tight. Just tell the new salon stylist that you want a fade this low or this high and i think the can handle it. Seriously KISS, Keep it simple stupid.

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Seriously? Dude its a high and tight. Just tell the new salon stylist that you want a fade this low or this high and i think the can handle it. Seriously KISS, Keep it simple stupid.
    Yeah, KISS is nice...and the base barber made it so simple...low or high...just thought I could get some great leads...and I have. Thanks to all, and Semper Fi!

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I'll cut it. I've had enough haircuts when I was in the Corps I'm sure I could duplicate it.
    I cut my son's hair like that in the summer. He'll even wear one of my old covers from time to time.

Heck, we gave each other hair cuts in the Corps.

My head won't fit into my old covers. I think I got smarter (hence the larger head) when I got out.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    On west side of Indy.

Hair Professionals
    2975 N Centennial St
    Indianapolis, IN 46222
    (317) 926-8763

Barbers name is Dale former Army, Vietnam vet. I still get a standard Marine Corps regulation hair cut, that is 0 to 3 inches evenly graduated (you tell him how long you want it on top, I keep mine about an inch). He probably can do a high N tight if you want. Call and ask, he usually does appointments so call first.

Top Bottom