• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MPH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    <~NOT a 'Baker' unit
    RIGHHHHHT because that has worked so well for the last 60 years..... Pull yer head out.

My head is just fine, thanks. Just because most of the population is apathetic or does not exercise any research or independent thought does not mean that bullets are better than ballots, which was what the inference was . Unless you disagree with that notion?

Last edited:

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Who cares if it's Article 15,or he's breaking a code of Military conduct! I commend this troop,we need more standing up against our illegal Muslim president.We all need to unite to take this Republic back & that's including Troops & the police!

Id like to know why you think he is protesting against Obama.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Sure. Out of uniform.

Do you have any other reason for saying other then it's what you would like?

Nope! He was disabled in a training accident not combat wounded. Big difference.

What is the difference exactly? Should be an easy answer since it's so BIG? You put on the uniform and make a sacrifice everyday, what's the the big difference?

Why? Not a one of you can explain any of your comments other then +1's and it's your opinion?! Someone please explain to me What this Marine is doing wrong? Are Marines not allowed to have an opinion? How has the uniform been disgraced? He's earned the right to wear it pretty much where ever he wants as long as he's within regs and the uniform is within regs just as much as either of you... Possibly even more so.

Lastly, if just your opinion then so be it. You're entitled to it. Say you just don't agree with it, but don't disparage another Marine and call him or his actions a disgrace simply because you don't like it.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Do you have any other reason for saying other then it's what you would like?

What is the difference exactly? Should be an easy answer since it's so BIG? You put on the uniform and make a sacrifice everyday, what's the the big difference?

Why? Not a one of you can explain any of your comments other then +1's and it's your opinion?! Someone please explain to me What this Marine is doing wrong? Are Marines not allowed to have an opinion? How has the uniform been disgraced? He's earned the right to wear it pretty much where ever he wants as long as he's within regs and the uniform is within regs just as much as either of you... Possibly even more so.

Lastly, if just your opinion then so be it. You're entitled to it. Say you just don't agree with it, but don't disparage another Marine and call him or his actions a disgrace simply because you don't like it.

Bravo sir. Bravo.

The only thing you forgot was *IF* he did something against military code/conduct, and thats a big IF since we really don't know what he is doing or protesting or what his status is. Then I'm sure he knows that and is prepared to suffer the consequences of his actions. If he earned the right to wear the uniform, I think we can safely assume he knows the rules, and what comes with it. Which is his right to do so.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Bravo sir. Bravo.

The only thing you forgot was *IF* he did something against military code/conduct, and thats a big IF since we really don't know what he is doing or protesting or what his status is. Then I'm sure he knows that and is prepared to suffer the consequences of his actions. If he earned the right to wear the uniform, I think we can safely assume he knows the rules, and what comes with it. Which is his right to do so.

According to the article he's out and if he has a disability, I'll assume he's medically discharged. IF that is the case then he's fine, almost regardless of what he's protesting.

To the two I quoted above, how do you swear an oath to the constitution and fight for freedom then call someone exercising those rights you swore to protect a disgrace?

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Displaying the American flag upside down is very serious and offensive to most who have served and have seen that flag charging into battle against the many enemies this nation has had through its history. For some that sacred flag was the last thing they saw before they paid the ultimate sacrifice to preserve this republic against evil forces that have tried to destroy it symbolically and physically. Not just nameless faces but friends and brothers in arms who's sacrifice is still plain as day infront of our faces. Just like Any veteran would never allow that flag to touch the ground and be disrespected so to would we never allow it to be flown upside down.
    he has earned the right to wear that uniform as long as he is doing so with honor and respect for the organization it represents and the millions who went before him. But he does not have the right to use that uniform representing sacrifice and honor for political expression. At that point he has shamed himself. His past service and sacrifice is still much appreciated and sacred, but it does not allow him to speak for ever member past and present in the Marine Corps or any Military branch.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I sympathize with this young marine who lost his innocence at an early age because he had the intestinal fortitude to stand up for something larger than himself and will forever be scarred from it mentally and physically. I'm sure he has more love and patriotism in one finger than most people today. And he like I and others are pained to the point of being physically sickened to see our beloved country being systematically tore down from within. I get it and I give him credit for having the huge balls it took to face public ridicule to spread his simple message. I just can't agree with every part of the way it was done. Maybe he has foresight that we don't? Maybe it's going to take members of the military to stand together and say "no" because the people giving the orders are a disgrace to this nation. We must look to history and inside ourselves to see the answer maybe?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    you need to just stop blabbing and telling me what to do or how to think. I've earned my right to my opinions.
    But that Marine hasn't? Or is he only allowed to voice his opinion in a manner that is acceptable to you?

Displaying the American flag upside down is very serious and offensive to most who have served and have seen that flag charging into battle against the many enemies this nation has had through its history. For some that sacred flag was the last thing they saw before they paid the ultimate sacrifice to preserve this republic against evil forces that have tried to destroy it symbolically and physically. Not just nameless faces but friends and brothers in arms who's sacrifice is still plain as day infront of our faces. Just like Any veteran would never allow that flag to touch the ground and be disrespected so to would we never allow it to be flown upside down.
    he has earned the right to wear that uniform as long as he is doing so with honor and respect for the organization it represents and the millions who went before him. But he does not have the right to use that uniform representing sacrifice and honor for political expression. At that point he has shamed himself. His past service and sacrifice is still much appreciated and sacred, but it does not allow him to speak for ever member past and present in the Marine Corps or any Military branch.

I venture to say that the Marine in question is well aware of the import of his actions and the implication of protesting in the manner he is doing. I would also venture to say that his manner of protesting is as much a part of the message as anything. I don't see how he has shamed himself. I kinda see it as standing up for all those who made that sacrifice, who may ultimately have made that sacrifice for naught, if we keep going the direction we're going. Perhaps he is considering the enormity of their choices and the vulgar way this country is pissing it all away.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he has every right to voice his opinion in the manner he sees fit. You may not like it. You may not like it one bit. But that isn't close to this gentleman not having the right to do it. To be honest, I'd kinda like to see you try and stop him.

Either way, if he is not violating law, nor subject to UCMJ, protest on, dear Marine, protest on!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I sympathize with this young marine who lost his innocence at an early age because he had the intestinal fortitude to stand up for something larger than himself and will forever be scarred from it mentally and physically. I'm sure he has more love and patriotism in one finger than most people today. And he like I and others are pained to the point of being physically sickened to see our beloved country being systematically tore down from within. I get it and I give him credit for having the huge balls it took to face public ridicule to spread his simple message. I just can't agree with every part of the way it was done. Maybe he has foresight that we don't? Maybe it's going to take members of the military to stand together and say "no" because the people giving the orders are a disgrace to this nation. We must look to history and inside ourselves to see the answer maybe?
    You CC, don't you?

:):

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Disgrace to the Corp. Our flag should never be at ground level and his actions are a disgrace to the uniform and his family. This explains why he is not in the corp. No bacck bone. In contrast to my nephew who graciously gave of him self and now rests in Arlington, Indy and Iraq unselfish and our hero.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    But that Marine hasn't? Or is he only allowed to voice his opinion in a manner that is acceptable to you?

I venture to say that the Marine in question is well aware of the import of his actions and the implication of protesting in the manner he is doing. I would also venture to say that his manner of protesting is as much a part of the message as anything. I don't see how he has shamed himself. I kinda see it as standing up for all those who made that sacrifice, who may ultimately have made that sacrifice for naught, if we keep going the direction we're going. Perhaps he is considering the enormity of their choices and the vulgar way this country is pissing it all away.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he has every right to voice his opinion in the manner he sees fit. You may not like it. You may not like it one bit. But that isn't close to this gentleman not having the right to do it. To be honest, I'd kinda like to see you try and stop him.

Either way, if he is not violating law, nor subject to UCMJ, protest on, dear Marine, protest on!
    why would you like to see me try and stop him? If I was going to use violence or force on anyone for honors sake this Marine wouldn't even be on the list. I don't hate him. I just strongly disagree with his method. But maybe I'm too shallow?
    burning or stomping on the flag is where I draw my line. I don't use violence as the first means to solve problems anymore.

Top Bottom