• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Good God, could they have fired some more?

Military training= fire only enough to neutralize/kill the threat
    Police training= every officer present empty their mags

Damn!

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    what bothered me the most was how long they let him lay there before they let the paramedics in. i think they wanted to make sure there was only thier side of the story told.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    So... they found nothing? Their evidence that leads them to believe they were correct is that he had an AR-15 and a vest?! Wow, I guess everyone that has those items must be part of a drug cartel.

Nice...another father killed without justification to advance the war on drugs.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Ok, so everyone can hate me here.
    Police announce presence, entered, man comes out armed, police shoot. You can argue this all day long but when you are ordered, as police, to go to a home on a warrant and someone comes out with a gun AFTER you have announced your presence...... what do you expect them to do?
    I assume this warrant, as all are, was reviewed by a judge and approved. Knock the process all you want, but if you are entering a place and faced with an armed person...... just think about it

JoshuaRWhite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    South Bend, Indiana
    The story will change alot and from time to time, they might even say that he shot at them and that there were drugs in the house. Just remember the original story and how it changes.

This new supreme court ruling and affirmation of our constitutional and state constitutional rights that the Indiana Supreme Court "appointed" judges gives me the scare that this outcome will become more common as time goes on.

I have noticed a jealousy of the "non-veteran" police force in reference to any Veteran. I get harassed by spitfire young 21 year olds that haven't served anything or anyone but their own self interest.

The Police department in question for the article on this O.P. should be more than ashamed of themselves. They murdered a Veteran. Till Veterans stand up and remind the weak and feeble that we protected, that we are still there and they were still feeble, even on a Police force, this will happen.

It saddens me even more, that this guy did some tours in a hostile war zone, then got shot stateside after he decided to get out of my Beloved Marine Corps.
    I for one am greatful for what you and many others have done for my freedom. And I agree with you that it's sad he fought for our freedom and got gunned down over what more and more looks like trigger happy cops. Actually makes my stomach twist a bit to think about it.

JoshuaRWhite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    South Bend, Indiana
    Good God, could they have fired some more?

Military training= fire only enough to neutralize/kill the threat
    Police training= every officer present empty their mags

Damn!

That's pretty much how it goes now because most of them are ignorant idiots who believe their badge gives them a "do what I want because I'm a cop" golden ticket.

JoshuaRWhite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    South Bend, Indiana
    Here is the video.

http://youtu.be/XP0f00_JMak

Seems to me that the officer fell down after the shooting.

I also like the professionalism of the officer who runs up and fires blindly over the shoulder of the officer in front of him. He just had to put in his :twocents: or 11 9's or 9 40,s

Jesus! What a fine example of how trigger happy cops are. Can't even see the gunman but I'll blindly fire and hope for the best. Good thing no kids got shot to sh*t by that a**hole.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Police announce presence, entered, man comes out armed, police shoot. You can argue this all day long but when you are ordered, as police, to go to a home on a warrant and someone comes out with a gun AFTER you have announced your presence...... what do you expect them to do?
    I assume this warrant, as all are, was reviewed by a judge and approved. Knock the process all you want, but if you are entering a place and faced with an armed person...... just think about it

This event occured months ago. According to Guerena's wife, they were under the impression that a home invasion was underway. He may not have heard SWAT announce (which is possibly why he didn't take his weapons off safe once he saw LEOs). I can understand why the SWAT officers fired if they had a weapons pointed in their direction. However, the shots fired were excessive and performed in an undisciplined manner, It is inexcusable that Guerena was allowed to bleed out because of "officer safety," and why was a "dynamic" entry (or whatever tacticool term these douchebags like to say) performed on an individual with a clean record?

These SWAT officers put Guerena's entire family at risk with their actions. It makes little sense that these types of raids are performed as often as they are. Cordon and knocks seem to make a lot more sense in many cases, but that's no fun is it? Additionally, it doesn't justify bloated budgets to acquire armored vehicles.

Apparently the Intelligence work at Pima County sucks. Intelligence is not a damn tip. It is ANALYZED information. Let's not forget the Sheriff of Pima County is is Sheriff Dupnik, this is the same POS who tried to blame Rush Limbaugh among others for the Gabrielle Giffords shootings in January. This incident was tragic yet completely avoidable.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    This event occured months ago. According to Guerena's wife, they were under the impression that a home invasion was underway. He may not have heard SWAT announce (which is possibly why he didn't take his weapons off safe once he saw LEOs). I can understand why the SWAT officers fired if they had a weapons pointed in their direction. However, the shots fired were excessive and performed in an undisciplined manner, It is inexcusable that Guerena was allowed to bleed out because of "officer safety," and why was a "dynamic" entry (or whatever tacticool term these douchebags like to say) performed on an individual with a clean record?

These SWAT officers put Guerena's entire family at risk with their actions. It makes little sense that these types of raids are performed as often as they are. Cordon and knocks seem to make a lot more sense in many cases, but that's no fun is it? Additionally, it doesn't justify bloated budgets to acquire armored vehicles.

Apparently the Intelligence work at Pima County sucks. Intelligence is not a damn tip. It is ANALYZED information. Let's not forget the Sheriff of Pima County is is Sheriff Dupnik, this is the same POS who tried to blame Rush Limbaugh among others for the Gabrielle Giffords shootings in January. This incident was tragic yet completely avoidable.

When I first read this story I felt the same way. This was performed a negligent manner and should be investigated as murder. So many good LEO's wonder where the mistrust comes from. THIS IS WHERE IT COMES FROM. If someone busts down my door they are getting shot. I don't give anyone a reason to bust down my door so don't F&%$ing do it.
    Your "intelligence" was wrong and now you are murderers and conspiring to cover it up.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

So in this situation where you just got off third shift, someone busts in your door, where you have a wife and child, you think it is justifiable for someone to shoot you? You are probably part of the problem.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008

Rewatch the video and note how long it took from the first knock until the door was breached. Then assume you're asleep in your bedroom after work and see if it's enough time to wake up, assess the situation, and open the door like it's your neighbor asking for a cup of sugar. This was borderline no-knock.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

This. This entire incident was a complete travesty and was mishandled from the get-go. If you actually WATCH the video a few times you will also notice that you hear the "Police, Search warrant" from the house next door. THey were serving multiple warrants on multiple houses. You never actually hear these officers announce themselves at this residence.

Terrible police work and an unneccessary MURDER of an innocent veteran. I have been awakened from a deep sleep after working 3rds. I know how disoriented you are, and how your natural insticts/training come into play. I doubt I would have acted much differently.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Hmmmm. I have two AR15 "assault rifles" in my home. I also have Plate carriers and body armour in my home. I have some friends who smoke pot sometimes, although I do not. Does this mean it is OK for the police to assume I am a criminal and raid my home?

do they smoke pot in your home is so then by current law standards yes. you are aiding in a criminal act and are therefore an accomplice.

The SWAT team fired 71 rounds, riddling his body 22 times, while his wife and child cowered in a closet.

Less than 50% of shots on target. every single officer who fired their weapon should be suspended from the swat team till they can prove proficiency.

He is Marine who served in Iraq for gods sake. His wife yells there are people outside with guns how would you expect him to react. Bake some cupcakes for them.:n00b: This is just another example of the over use of no knock warrants. and Unfortunately an apparently innocent man has died.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    do they smoke pot in your home is so then by current law standards yes. you are aiding in a criminal act and are therefore an accomplice.

Warrants a death sentence also huh?

Less than 50% of shots on target. every single officer who fired their weapon should be suspended from the swat team till they can prove proficiency.

He is Marine who served in Iraq for gods sake. His wife yells there are people outside with guns how would you expect him to react. Bake some cupcakes for them.:n00b: This is just another example of the over use of no knock warrants. and Unfortunately an apparently innocent man has died.

Agree with the rest.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    ."The officers laid down "suppressive" fire because one had tripped and fallen and the others thought he'd been shot."

So, if I think my sister was shoot , but fell down I can open fire. And it's ok. This accident needs charges before a REAL judge!!!

Top Bottom