• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    like this t-shirt that was made for the police to wear by unions but we are to ignore it it Was a mistake ............your right the whole world see this and we suffer because of it.

wwwdw.png

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    They unzipped their pants?
    Bad move by those guys. They shouldn't be drummed out of the service, but they need to be disciplined.
    Yea,
    How are they gonna punish them? Send them into dangerous action again?
    Pretty sure they'll be punished for keeping up the macho image with their buddies. Keeping up that feeling of invincibility and "B.A. Marines"
    Stupid kids, stupid decision. Stupid!

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Honestly, I have never had to place myself in front of enemy fire. I know nothing about the mental and physical daily demands placed on them. Lets also include the fact that their friends are being killed everyday.
    If you dont like the way we police your country and fight your battles, do it yourself.
    It is unfortuanate that these servicemen did what they did. Reprimand him and get it over with. Dont go overboard.

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    I have made this argument several times and will continue to make it. WE ARE THE GOOD GUYS. We have a standard to uphold and a certain ways that we conduct ourselves. Its not cutting off peoples heads and giving fair trails that make us this way.

But I do have to agree with a lot of the people views on this are -- Keep your mouth shut unless you've seen the ****.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    The few stories that I have personally heard about stuff that Navy Seals and Marines are expected to do on a daily basis make me feel for them. I cant understand how you could do what you are required to do on a daily basis and not have times where you dont use your best judgement.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Honestly, I have never had to place myself in front of enemy fire. I know nothing about the mental and physical daily demands placed on them. Lets also include the fact that their friends are being killed everyday.
    If you dont like the way we police your country and fight your battles, do it yourself.
    It is unfortuanate that these servicemen did what they did. Reprimand him and get it over with. Dont go overboard.

its all ready overboard the media sharks are doing circles.......the punishment they should receive is going to be way overboard to make the media happy ..........there whole chain of command is going to suffer for this .......I find how funny how some American are willing to turn there backs on there soldiers for political correctness.

In a nutt shell they pissed on the dead enemy who killed some of there brothers in combat.
    it wasn't the right thing to do.......but the media will make it the crime of the century....... even some of are LEO on this board are quick to give a burn you would think they have some understanding with all the bias they get and what the media sharks and the image they try to give them yet i tried to be fair on some of the anti- LEO threads .......turn around is fair play ......;)

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have made this argument several times and will continue to make it. WE ARE THE GOOD GUYS. We have a standard to uphold and a certain ways that we conduct ourselves. Its not cutting off peoples heads and giving fair trails that make us this way.

But I do have to agree with a lot of the people views on this are -- Keep your mouth shut unless you've seen the ****.

I agree that we are the "good guys" and need to conduct ourselves in such a manner.

I will also agree that people who haven't been in combat, really aren't the most, or at all, qualified to comment on combat experiences.

However, everyone is entitled to comment on military policy and the manner in which soldiers, marines, airmen, and sailors conduct themselves. We have a civilian controlled military, for better and worse.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    I agree that we are the "good guys" and need to conduct ourselves in such a manner.

I will also agree that people who haven't been in combat, really aren't the most, or at all, qualified to comment on combat experiences.

However, everyone is entitled to comment on military policy and the manner in which soldiers, marines, airmen, and sailors conduct themselves. We have a civilian controlled military, for better and worse.

i agree but do you think there going to get the punishment that equal to the regulation that was broken i think not the media is going to make more of this then it should be..... the military is going to overreact and destroy this guys and there chain of command.......yet i bet they still will not get there battlefields stress help they need ..........

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    i agree but do you think there going to get the punishment that equal to the regulation that was broken i think not the media is going to make more of this then it should be..... the military is going to overreact and destroy this guys and there chain of command.......yet i bet they still will not get there battlefields stress help they need ..........

1) I do not know the UCMJ regarding the desecration of enemy remains. I would suspect, it involves a bad conduct discharge. The USMC applies the "few and proud" label for a reason. Knowing what I do about Marines and how they operate, I can not think of a good reason why anyone involved would be allowed to continue their career.

2) PTSD counseling is a whole other story. It is much more available than it used to be, but is still under-untilized by the people who need it. If you admit you need counseling, then you admit there is something wrong with you. It takes a lot of courage for a warrior to admit that something is wrong with them, and even more courage to talk about it. It is a stigma that we, as a society, can hopefully overcome. There is no shame in admitting you need, and asking for, help.

jimmyw86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    I agree but dont agree considering the marines stooped down to their level. But then again if that guy killed one of my friends then I would do more than **** on his dead body.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    IANAL, or a Judge Advocate...

These actions violate the General Order 1 ban on corpse desecration. So these Marines are looking at the possibility of a dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 2 years under Article 92, UCMJ.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    like this t-shirt that was made for the police to wear by unions but we are to ignore it it Was a mistake ............your right the whole world see this and we suffer because of it.

wwwdw.png
    Ha, bad taste but it is the truth more often than not. I take TONS of runs where the parent (usually just mom at home) calls us because Jr is "disrespecting" her. She demands us take him to Juvi to teach him/her a lesson. It is sad how many parents WANT us to jail their kids for trivial things. Do people NOT see that those members here with military backgrounds tend to reserve their judgement or tend to support the soldiers in these allegations. It is a similar situation with LEO's, those members with LEO backgrounds are not usually quick to judge fellow LEO's. Media ALWAYS pushes administrations (local or federal) to act more severely than would otherwise. I have seen it locally time and time again. The bandwagon is easy to jump on. What would the outcry be if it were LEO's pissing on a dead suspect? OMG it would be on every local station for weeks. The officer would be fired (doubt the merit board would vote otherwise with such an outcry) for acts unbecoming an LEO and rightfully so. Professional LEO's should ALWAYS rise above the thugs they confront, if they cannot, they need face the consequences...alone. Same for military, I would hope they would be better than that. Why lower yourself to that level? I know nothing about military justice so I have NO OPINION on what their fate should be if found guilty. I just hope they are treated fairly, for in the end, that is all we can hope for.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

These actions violate the General Order 1 ban on corpse desecration. So these Marines are looking at the possibility of a dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 2 years under Article 92, UCMJ.
    Wow.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth

yep there screwed and there famliys...........

I do not mean to offend, so I'll apologize in advance. I momentarily forgot about your record and did not mean to preach.

none taken my friend.........i have seen alot of soldier who get home and need help but your right the stigma that come with it they don't and the fear are Vets have with the VA reporting system and there second amendment right to bear arms is shocking.

i can tell you of a troop who was deployed 4 times in 2007 he went home on leave his house was was empty his wife took it all even the light bulbs and his dog .....and his money............. Jag said there nothing legally they can do we got in a fire fight off route Pluto near sader city ......he just walk out in the open during the fire fight and was killed.........what even worse his wife got his life insurance money of 400,000......

don't take me wrong what they did was wrong and sad but i think it worse how little understanding how some who have never walk the walk will be so willing to let the media crush this guys wait till there names leak out and the press hounds there famliys.....

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The good news is that our society has a short attention span. We'll be on to the next scandal shortly, and hopefully their families can fade into the background.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The media will only stay on this until a "hotter" story comes along.
    I say it will cool off a bit, the Marines alleged actions will be looked at and they will be judged at that point by their commanding officer and IF he deems further punishment is in order then court martial proceedings may move forward.
    I can't imagine my beloved Corps "pissing" on these Marines over this.
    The Marines in the video definitely appear to have crapped in their lunch box but in the overall scheme of things I say they'll be back on active duty just as soon as this blows over

Top Bottom