• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    IACS said all of the dogs, including the deceased dog, appeared to be “pit bull-type dogs.”

They are pitt bulls , they did what pitt bulls do. They are garbage rod dogs and so are their owners.

Seriously at this point I do not understand why they are not immediately put down when they hit shelters.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Pit bulls as with all dogs are predisposed to certain breed characteristics. (German shepherd vs golden retriever) Pits usually aren’t bad dogs not withstanding congenital defects.

The breed makes little difference. The dogs are most commonly a product of their environment, training and most importantly, their owner. A pos owner usually equals a pos dog.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    This one looks like it is getting ugly right off the bat. Seems there are a lot of garbage people around here. :dunno: What a sad situation it doesn’t matter which breed it is.

Reactions: OD*

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    IACS said all of the dogs, including the deceased dog, appeared to be “pit bull-type dogs.”

They are pitt bulls , they did what pitt bulls do. They are garbage rod dogs and so are their owners.

Seriously at this point I do not understand why they are not immediately put down when they hit shelters.
    They are ar-15s doing with ar-15s do they are weapons of war and garbage and are only owned by garbage people.

Here's a list of articles shows ar-15s killing people.

See how dumb your argument sounds now? And no I'm not interested in a pedantic argument about how dogs and living creatures with brains and can act independently and guns can't. But the same dumb logic applies.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That deputy dog sitting situation sounded like a complete mess. Dogs do all kinds of weird stuff in groups that they never do individually.

It's unfortunate that pits have become the preferred breed (shape, really, not breed) of scummy owners who want violent dogs and breed for that trait. I've become a bit of a dog park regular and see plenty of pits who behave just fine, but the fact is you can't look at them and immediately discern whether they are safe.

Most are shelter dogs and it's unfortunate that the adoption process is simply too short to invest time in fully determining temperament and safety. I love em but they are strong dogs with a higher chance of aggressive genes and you can't adopt one and then not put in the work and be willing to take them back when the bad side comes out. I guess I see it a lot like owning guns: you have introduced something that can **** up your life quickly and catastrophically so it's on you to manage that risk. Only more so, because the rifle doesn't need a leash. You must decide if you can manage that risk and you must answer for it if you fail to.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    They are ar-15s doing with ar-15s do they are weapons of war and garbage and are only owned by garbage people.

Here's a list of articles shows ar-15s killing people.

See how dumb your argument sounds now? And no I'm not interested in a pedantic argument about how dogs and living creatures with brains and can act independently and guns can't. But the same dumb logic applies.
    I'm sorry but this is an asinine argument.

I put an ar15 in my lawn it's not going off on its own and killing someone.

These dogs are.

I agree it's how theyre raised but you don't see assholes raising packs of attack chihuahuas.

It's ALWAYS pit bull breeds.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'm sorry but this is an asinine argument.

I put an ar15 in my lawn it's not going off on its own and killing someone.

These dogs are.

I agree it's how theyre raised but you don't see assholes raising packs of attack chihuahuas.

It's ALWAYS pit bull breeds.
    Incorrect, some studies show Chihuahuas are more aggressive than pits.

If you are irresponsible with an AR-15 it can kill someone. If you are irresponsible with a pit bull it can kill someone if you are irresponsible with cooking chicken you can kill someone, if you are irresponsible with a kite it can kill someone.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Incorrect, some studies show Chihuahuas are more aggressive than pits.

If you are irresponsible with an AR-15 it can kill someone. If you are irresponsible with a pit bull it can kill someone if you are irresponsible with cooking chicken you can kill someone, if you are irresponsible with a kite it can kill someone.
    That's the point I'm making. Chihuahuas are evil little balls of hate, but you don't see gangs training them to be attack dogs.

Now I'm not saying we ban them, because the jackasses will come along and just train some other large breed to attack people.

But how about we start charging these dog owners with involuntary manslaughter. Bet that **** stops right quick and in a hurry.

Top Bottom