• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I know this was brought up before but I think there is more to research. It is said you can not discharge a weapon in Marion County but I found a letter signed by Safety Director Riggs on October 11th, 2013 reversing the no discharge rule back to the city limits as to before general ordinance no.47,2013 took effect. Also stating Section 451-2 of the Revised Code gives the Director the authorization to provide written permission to discharge weapons within the police special service district.

Does anyone have more information on this subject?

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I remember some discussion in the media about this a while back. Initially the ban was going to extend to all of Marion County until someone pointed out that most of Franklin and Decatur townships are still very rural and coyotes are fairly common in those areas. Of course I've slept since then so some of the details may be a little fuzzy.

dcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    southport
    I work at a facility that is inside 465 and is near white river on the south side of Indianapolis. 2 weeks ago some hunters were in a duck blind on the shore of white river and were discharging their firearms over the river at waterfowl. DNR was on site and explained to me that as long as they were not shooting in my direction opposite the river they were fine.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    DPS Home

Hmm, I'll be more specific. The "firearm discharge approval notice" and "prohibited firearm discharge area map" links on the page above.

I stumbled upon the link above and thought it was too good to be true. I want to make sure I am reading it correctly.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    DPS Home

Hmm, I'll be more specific. The "firearm discharge approval notice" and "prohibited firearm discharge area map" links on the page above.

I stumbled upon the link above and thought it was too good to be true. I want to make sure I am reading it correctly.

It looks very official. And is located on the .gov website.

I'm printing it in full color to have in my bag.

Top Bottom