• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    March 29th is the date. Marion County Fish and Game is conveniently located just west of 465 off of Crawfordsville Road. For more info look here:

Appleseed Schedule

Don't pass up this opportunity to take in an Appleseed this close to Indy.

C ya,

brian

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Center-fire rifles in pistol calibers are allowed at MCFG as well. (not sure if legal for Appleseed though).

Any safe rifle allowed by the local club, plenty of ammo for that rifle, and a teachable attitude are all that's really needed by somebody wanting to attend an Appleseed.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    chezuki was quoting the official MGFG club rules. I was trying to clarify his comment about Appleseed legal rifles. In general, if the range allows rifles chambered for calibers other than .22 rimfire, so does Appleseed. There is apparently something else going on with this particular event. I'll check with the Shoot Boss to try to get the official reason and report back.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    chezuki was quoting the official MGFG club rules. I was trying to clarify his comment about Appleseed legal rifles. In general, if the range allows rifles chambered for calibers other than .22 rimfire, so does Appleseed. There is apparently something else going on with this particular event. I'll check with the Shoot Boss to try to get the official reason and report back.

I know why... Some member has a trunkload of $75 bricks of .22 to sell at the event and wants to take advantage of the demand.:tinfoil:
    :laugh:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Just didn't want someone to show up with PCR and unable to shoot. No foul, no harm. :)

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Nov 16, 2010
    The note on the information page was put on there by the national admin folks based on what's been on there in years past. I've yet to see anyone show up to an Appleseed at MCFG with a pistol caliber rifle so I didn't say anything. Having said that, if someone wants to attend with one, then if it's ok with the range it's ok with us. The only other restriction is it has to be .44 caliber or less otherwise we won't be able to accurately score the AQTs.

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    We are under a week out and there is still plenty of room on the line for you and some friends. Get signed up and assemble your gear for a great shoot at a great range conveniently located just outside of 465 on the west side.

C ya,

brian

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    We've still got room on the line. Get signed up, show up and learn the answers to important questions like:

What did Paul Revere say as he made his Midnight Ride?
    a) Aaaaauuuuugh!
    b) The British are coming!
    c) There's a sale at Penney's!
    d) The Regulars are out!
    e) As I ride out of the sunset I'm your color TV screen....

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Two days to go and there is still room for more shooters on the line. If you are already signed up, great! If not, get signed up! Get there and find out why April 19th, 1775, is such an important day in our history as Americans.

Top Bottom