• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    There was something that looked a lot like a F-22 flying over 80/94 earlier today. Doubt it was related but is always wierd to see military stuff over there.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    That'd be cool to see again, I've not seen much military aircraft action since they closed Grissom, or at least downsized it.

When we lived in CA many years ago, the ranch I worked at was near Moffet Field, which is the home of the Blue Angels. They'd put on air shows about once a year, with not only the Angels, but several other types of aircraft as well. It was an awesome sight to behold!

Some went to the actual field (we were always invited, I have a cousin who worked there, under what capacity we never knew, Top Secret I guess?) But the ranch where I worked was close enough, and had hills (which I guess would be Mt.'s here :):) high and close enough for us to ride to the top, and watch the whole thing from a birds eye view. People would hike, Mt. Bike, ATV, etc., to get up there, but we had far better and more sure footed transportation. It was always fun to just ride up and get the glares from the people who hiked. Geezzz, like we were lazy or something! :)

Anyway, it was a great way to spend the day, and we rode up every year to watch. I was in the Lake Tahoe vicinity, many moons ago, and the Blue Angels put on an air show there, over the lake as well. The Halo effect, as well as the flairs that look like wings, were total mind blowers. Something I'd love to see again, but only from the NV side, since CA doesn't recognize ANYONE'S CCR License, and issue very few of their own. NV's not much better, but at least they're not as controlling and closed minded as CA is. Plus I couldn't get Bill to CA, not even if we won the lottery and could afford to just fly in, watch the show, and then fly out again, on our own private jet. He HATES that state, with good reason.

The pictures that Scutter posted were great, I'd love to see something like that up close and personal again, altho not as close as we were when they did the show in Tahoe. They made practice runs over the cabin we were renting, and buzzed about 100 feet over the roof. Enough to make us duck for cover! Scary and exciting, all at the same time. GO USA!
    :twocents:
    7th Stepper

Top Bottom