• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I don't know enough about the way these message boards work to know if this is feasible, so if it isn't then please disregard. Is there a way to have a separate rep system for the Marketplace? Just something simple like a running total of how many +1 or -1 a person has gotten that can be seen under their name, location, etc. Depending on how much a person contributes to the other areas of the site it can sometimes be difficult to search back through all mentions of their username to find all the times they have been mentioned in the current "Good, Bad, and Ugly." Again, if this would be a lot of trouble or isn't feasible then disregard this suggestion but I just thought it would be helpful for people to see at a glance what kind of a selling/buying reputation a person has when deciding whether to do business with them.

On a related note, does anyone have a simpler way of checking a persons selling/buying history if this idea isn't feasible? Maybe I'm just missing something. :n00b:

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :+1: I would like to see a iTrader rating system. Sometimes people dont do buisness with someone because of low post count or no rep. I think this would help alot and would like to see one added to INGO. :yesway::yesway::yesway:

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm all for this idea. Partly because it would make it easier and more accessible for people to get a feel for a potential buyer/seller, and partly because it would mean less Modding work for me. :D

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    We used the iTrader system on an ATV forum "blasterforum" (the start of my "foruming")
    It seemed like a nice setup from what I remember, I think it would be better served here at INGO than it was there.
    :yesway: I'm for it.
    The transition would be difficult though, we would have no way to transfer our current Rep to the new system.
    A blank start may cause some trouble.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I've never had trouble finding info on a seller at all.

Click search -> Advanced Search

Under "Keywords" Change the option to "Search Titles Only"

Under the "Search in Forum(s)" box, Select "Private Sales"

Voila! You only get +! or -1 from the Private Sales for the individual you wish to research.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield

Voila! You only get +! or -1 from the Private Sales for the individual you wish to research.

This ^^^^ has worked well for me in the past also. Or by using Google to search the INGO site and searching for the individuals name and a + or - . It is also beneficial to see some of other stuff you find, as it gives you an idea if they are a contributing member or not....and typically those that contribute like it here, and wouldn't jeopardize their membership on bad deal. My :twocents:.....

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009

This ^^^^ has worked well for me in the past also. Or by using Google to search the INGO site and searching for the individuals name and a + or - . It is also beneficial to see some of other stuff you find, as it gives you an idea if they are a contributing member or not....and typically those that contribute like it here, and wouldn't jeopardize their membership on bad deal. My :twocents:.....

^^^^^^These^^^^^^^
    Although i do agree that would be cool, the present system isnt that hard either. Most of the times i dont even check on a seller/buyer if their rep/post count/site supporter is good.

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Sounds like 5 steps that could be turned into 1 easy step with a iTrader system.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    We use the iTrader over on corral and it works very well. There is always the trader rating next to you or under your SN.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Good idea, although it wouldn't work in MY favor as it seems a "few select people" don't believe in giving a +1 after a good sale. Even after sending them a PM with the +1 you gave to them as a link (hint hint). Now being able to take away a +1 after you gave it out would be nice! :D

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    :+1: I would like to see a iTrader rating system. Sometimes people dont do buisness with someone because of low post count or no rep. I think this would help alot and would like to see one added to INGO. :yesway::yesway::yesway:

I'm for this idea to an extent... but isn't this sorta like an INGO credit score? It's one thing to have good credit and another to have bad credit but what about those that have no credit built (i.e. has never bought anything on INGO)? If someone is trying to sell a glock (Example only: No Glock Bashing) and received a PM from Person A (whom has 30 or so +1s) and a PM from Person B (whom has zero +1s), who do you think the glock will be sold to?

I think it's a good idea to rule out the bad bugs of the site but hope it doesn't keep a new member who just made 50 great posts and is now in the market for a new gun, from buying that gun because he's not as good as whomever with 3 gold stars and thousands of posts.

Last edited:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm for this idea to an extent... but isn't this sorta like an INGO credit score? It's one thing to have good credit and another to have bad credit but what about those that have no credit built (i.e. has never bought anything on INGO)? If someone is trying to sell a glock (Example only: No Glock Bashing) and received a PM from Person A (whom has 30 or so +1s) and a PM from Person B (whom has zero +1s), who do you think the glock will be sold it to?

I think it's a good idea to rule out the bad bugs of the site but hope it doesn't keep a new member who just made 50 great posts and is now in the market for a new gun, from buying that gun because he's not as good as whomever with 3 gold stars and thousands of posts.

very good point:yesway:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm for this idea to an extent... but isn't this sorta like an INGO credit score? It's one thing to have good credit and another to have bad credit but what about those that have no credit built (i.e. has never bought anything on INGO)? If someone is trying to sell a glock (Example only: No Glock Bashing) and received a PM from Person A (whom has 30 or so +1s) and a PM from Person B (whom has zero +1s), who do you think the glock will be sold to?

They could do that anyway if they went through the trouble of looking up your buying/selling history through the flawed "Search" button. My idea is just to make it a little easier to see who you're dealing with at a glance. As I said in my original post, I don't even know that this is feasible. It was just a suggestion though.

Top Bottom