• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Friday at the 1500, I found a real nice 1990 year 1895SS 45/70. Great shape and is a real Marlin, not a Remilin. Even with JM marks, you need to be careful as some of the last jm's had some issues and I've been told that some of the first few remilins had JM marks. I think the only true way to tell is by the year made. Couple years before the split and you should be good to go. I'm very pleased with mine and paid less that most are asking now. Now to see how it shoots!!!!

I think you will love it! The first 45-70 I shot was a Marlin. That it what started my 45-70 quest. Let us know how it goes.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I think you will love it! The first 45-70 I shot was a Marlin. That it what started my 45-70 quest. Let us know how it goes.

Now you need to get the Sharps. I have a C. Sharps Creedmore target rifle in 45-70 it's one of my favorite things. It was very expensive...Saved a couple years for it. The sights were $1500 alone, but it was worth it IMO. I shoot it out to 700 yards. It's accurate as hell. Now I've been looking for a 1895 GG. Can't believe there was one at the 1500 Friday. That's one of two things I was looking to buy. I would much rather have a blued one though.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Now you need to get the Sharps. I have a C. Sharps Creedmore target rifle in 45-70 it's one of my favorite things. It was very expensive...Saved a couple years for it. The sights were $1500 alone, but it was worth it IMO. I shoot it out to 700 yards. It's accurate as hell. Now I've been looking for a 1895 GG. Can't believe there was one at the 1500 Friday. That's one of two things I was looking to buy. I would much rather have a blued one though.

Stop it!! you're spending my money :spend:lol. The creedmore is on the bucket list for sure! What a awesome rifle. I wanted to start with a new GG but could not find a new one that was nice. I ended up with the Henry. Pitmaster has a really nice pre-Remington in the for sale listing. I have to say that I am happy with my Henry. I had a mag tube issue. Henry send me one, no questions asked. A used Marlin, new Henry or Rossi. The way to go! 45-70 is a really cool round to play with.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Stop it!! you're spending my money :spend:lol. The creedmore is on the bucket list for sure! What a awesome rifle. I wanted to start with a new GG but could not find a new one that was nice. I ended up with the Henry. Pitmaster has a really nice pre-Remington in the for sale listing. I have to say that I am happy with my Henry. I had a mag tube issue. Henry send me one, no questions asked. A used Marlin, new Henry or Rossi. The way to go! 45-70 is a really cool round to play with.

If you give me your money I'll spend it all! I messaged Pitmaster about his rifle a week or so ago. It is what I'm after, but he also has a bunch of stuff I don't need bundled with it. I have dies brass bullets etc. I understand him not wanting to split it up, and also it's far from me and gas isn't cheap!

Top Bottom