• ...and so much more!
  • randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Randy68,
    Where may I ask did you get what looks like aftermarket furniture for your Marlin? I might buy a 336c in need of a face lift. I'm guessing Boyds maybe?

Yes it came from Boyds and took some minor fitting but wasn't bad. This is a 1955 model with Ballard rifling that I had cerakoted and I cut the barrel down to 18". Makes for a mighty fine compact deer killer. Since I hunt next to state property I use cut down brass to make it legal in case I shoot one on there. There is no difference in accuracy between my regular and cut down rounds with the same load.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Grice had a special run of 7600 in .35 rem.
    They go for 900 and up.........used on GB (and they sell rather quickly).
    Want a Rem pump in .35 for less? Gotta go 760.
    The older ones are cheaper.
    Those with 7600 style forend are 600 and up............typically closer to 800.
    Even the old style are 500-600.
    And the .35 rem stamped mags are stupid priced when they show up for sale.

I'm not a lever gun guy. Had a few, just can't get into them.

I have seen one walnut/polished blued 7600 in .35 rem. Think it was a special run, not a reg catalogued item.
    Was at 1K and I was super tempted........but I'd hunt it hard and ding it up.
    So a Grice matte/synth makes more sense (aint near as pretty though).

Think the Grice run was in carbine and rifle. I'd get the carbine version.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Wouldn't it though! A No.1 would let you load a soft cast paper patched bore rider and preserve the powder space for powder and also load plinkers to any over all length that worked best.

The only down falling of the .35 is that its chamber was dimensioned specifically for copper jackets in a semi-auto and that means short neck with short lead into the rifling (much bullet not in contact with the rifling). I've got the ancient #358430 to make plinkers with and may design a mold for the pre-micro groove dimensions for a bore rider (after tapping a chamber cast). Just have to find the time if I can get around to it.

Top Bottom