• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Thought I'd mention it to fellow INGO'ers. About once a year or so (or at least that's how long I've been waiting since missing out on the last batch), Boyd's does a run of unfinished laminate thumbhole stocks for the Marlin 60, for $75 plus shipping, about once a year. They sell out fast (apart from a few guys who finish them, then scalp them on eBay for $150 through the year).

A new run of them is available. They're for the Model 60, but are adaptable to the 795 as well. This stock, plus Tech Sights irons, will be my Appleseed LTR (whenever a newborn baby at home lets me get away for an Appleseed).

Edit to add direct link: Limited Production Items :ingo:

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    FYI, my stock arrived yesterday, and I modified it within a few hours of careful work to accommodate the 795 magwell and longer trigger guard. Used nothing but a power drill, a Dremel with diamond cutting wheel and a Roto-Zip bit, a few old woodcarving knives, and a couple files. A bit tedious, but not a hard job. Tonight, one or two passes around the area recessed for the floorplate with a Dremel sanding drum, and it'll be fully fitted for the 795 and I can start sanding and staining....

There are still "pepper laminate" stocks available, in case any Marlin fans are still interested....

Top Bottom