• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    When I get home from work going to look into my model 60. It is not feeding. Can load mag tube with a few or completly full will fire 3 rounds then next round is not there. Can dump the tube and reload and does the same. Been cleaned and still same thing. Any ideas? It is not jamming the rouund maybe sticking in tube or maybe cut off sticking?

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I would check the spring in the magazine tube follower to see if it is reaching full extension. Maybe it is broken or binding and only extends far enough to push the first three cartridges into the action.

The follower should extend from the tube and look like this when you withdraw it from the magazine tube.

IMG_1316.jpg

Last edited:

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Research the buffer. The original white buffers broke. If you take apart it will usually fall out in pieces. Pretty easy fix.

If it is buffer, you can find YouTube videos on the fix. Very easy to do.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Yea, my guess would also be the mag tube rod. Look for maybe a kink in the tube if the spring is good. Get a dowlrod the same size as a 22 shell. You should be able to hand feed a couple rounds into the tube. Then use the dowl and compress the spring and slowly let off pressure to see if a round is hanging in the tube.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    I would check the spring in the magazine tube follower to see if it is reaching full extension. Maybe it is broken or binding and only extends far enough to push the first three cartridges into the action.

The follower should extend from the tube and look like this when you withdraw it from the magazine tube.

View attachment 257633
    The follower is like yours in the pic.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Yea, my guess would also be the mag tube rod. Look for maybe a kink in the tube if the spring is good. Get a dowlrod the same size as a 22 shell. You should be able to hand feed a couple rounds into the tube. Then use the dowl and compress the spring and slowly let off pressure to see if a round is hanging in the tube.
    I rolled tube on flat surface with larger end over edge and checked with a straight edge and it looks great no day light can be seen. I put a few rounds in tube and used a rod about 3/16 so smaller than a 22 went in and out quite few times could not get them to hang up in the tube. Came out to much a few times and 22 rounds went flying.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Buffer looks good to me mag tube seems good and the follower is good spring seems plenty strong had 22s flying to the ceiling

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Same 22 ammo just poor cleaning. It looked clean atleast what could see without taking it down farther. But wow that crap was every where inside.

Reactions: Leo

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Well guys and gals don't just spray and blow action out and call it clean. Do a complete disassembly. I could not believe what i got out of it. Fired 20 rounds and no trouble.
    That was my next suggestion..just late to the party. I had 3 of the 60s, 1 was the extended tube for 14 rounds i think. I only have the 1 left that i put an ATI skeleton stock on. Wood squirrel stock was too long when i was teaching my daughter to shoot when she was 8ish. I was doing some reading and came across modding or really fine tuning the marlin 60s. I took all the trigger assembly apart, sanded out the machine marks an such, sanded the sided of everything smooth. I used a wet stone for sanding the flat sides of trigger, sear and disconnect. Some light turbine oil and wow..trigger was so smooth. 20230223_195814.jpg

Top Bottom