• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    I have put about 300 rounds through my Marlin 795 and I had no problem at first. Then after about 200 rounds of American Eagle .22 which might have been a little old, all the sudden I had FTF issues. Now normally I would just blame the ammo, however I ran the unspent rounds back through again and some fired fine and others I had to pull the trigger on several times before they fired. This seems to be getting more and more frequent and take more and more trigger pulls to fire. I also noticed that if I put sideways tension on the trigger as I pull it then the bullet will fire almost every time.

I took the whole gun apart, cleaned it thoroughly, and re-oiled it properly. Its brand new and clean as a whistle and still FTF's. Now I'm going to go get various different brands of ammo to experiment with, but I'm heavily invested in American Eagle brand stockpiles and they work perfectly in all my other guns including the ones handed down to me from my father and grandfather just as the first 200 rounds did in my marlin.

What could cause this issue? I have to assume its mechanical, but I can find no problem with the gun. Anyone have similar issues? Can I modify or replace/upgrade some parts to the rifle to eliminate the problem? I hear that it likes CCI ammo but I hate to be restricted to one seperate brand for this one gun.

Having said that, the Marlin .22 platform is terrific. The price is great and the 795 is a great gun for Appleseed. Its crazy accurate. Properly set up I can pop the heads off of G.I. Joes at 50 yards in a stiff wind every shot.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    On the rounds that don't fire, do the primer strikes look light?

Dunno a 795, but 22 semis will nearly all fire out of battery and bare lead often develops a little bloom. If the bolt return isn't strong enough push the bloom out of the way to get into battery the firing pin will just push the shell further into the chamber instead of detonating it.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I love my 795. I have ran a few types of ammo through it (not AE) and only had one FTF and one misfeed. Hope things work out for you!

It is a tack driver isn't it?

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    I'm thinking it has to be the gun, otherwise the firing pin would strike and the lack of recoil would fail to cycle the receiver. I can pull the trigger multiple times and it still not fire, then finally it fires. Well, thats aggravating because I got it brand new in the box. I guess I'll just have to replace out the trigger mechanism. The internal plastic parts are the only bad thing about this gun. Guess I just got a dud.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom