• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    i have a marlin model 60 that my father gave my son. we fired it quite a bit last year with no problems. i took it apart over the winter and refinished the stock and now 1 out of three or four rounds wont feed all of the way into the chamber. they will go in about half way, then you have to push the bolt the rest of the way closed to fire. i have taken it apart two more times and cleaned thoroughly but it still fails to feed. any ideas on things i may check for.

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    take it apart and reassemble just to make sure everything is back together right. if everythings ok ive heard about weak recoil springs in them from somewhere. im interested cause i just bought one.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I have a glinfield that had that problem. If I oiled the feed lips and the slide really good it toke care of the problem. It sounds like a heat problem to me that is causing the jam. The fist 3 rounds are firing it gets hot and the slide is steking.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    You might want to disassemble it again and check to make sure that the recoil spring hasn't been 'kinked'. Easily done if you're unfamiliar with the proper drill.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    You might want to disassemble it again and check to make sure that the recoil spring hasn't been 'kinked'. Easily done if you're unfamiliar with the proper drill.

+1

Use a cleaning rod as a guide if you are having trouble recompressing the spring and keeping it straight. I also had one that came to me with a bent recoil guide rod that was keeping the bolt from travelling forward enough. Final thought- use good ammo. I have seen semi .22 rifles that would have trouble cycling certain ammo that is underpowered. Federal bulk pack springs to mind as one that I and others known unto me have had problems with.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I has similar issues with an old Model 60. The recoil buffer block was broken, which allowed the bolt to slam back too far. The spring was tweaked and the guide rod slightly bent. I think the first few rounds in the tube had enough pressure on them to feed OK, but the next rounds were getting picked up wrong and jammed at odd angles into the feed ramp.

I replaced the buffer, and straightened the rod. Works like a charm!

Top Bottom