Marlin Stutzman demands answers from Coats on lobbying ties, personal contributions

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xd9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    For Immediate Release
    April 28, 2010

Marlin Stutzman demands answers from Coats on lobbying ties,
    personal contributions to campaign, and financial disclosure.

" At this point, we are only left to believe that Dan Coats is wholly owned by Washington special interests." - Marlin Stutzman
    Howe, IN - Marlin Stutzman addressed the media today after a local fundraiser in Avon. While Marlin Stutzman was having his Indiana fundraiser, Dan Coats was in Washington, D.C. raising money from Senators and special interests. The Coats D.C. fundraiser comes on the heels of a weak fundraising quarter for Dan Coats, and news that he has given his campaign $200, 000 dollars in personal money.

"Dan Coats' continued refusal to disclose his financial information to the Senate Ethics Committee has become even more of an insult to Hoosier voters this week when Dan wrote his campaign a personal check for $200,000. Where did this $200,000 come from Dan? Why can't you fill out a simple form? If this is any indication of the level of professionalism and transparency we will receive from a Senator Coats, Hoosiers need to run the other way. We all know Dan Coats made money as a Washington, D.C. lobbyist that is within his rights to do so. Covering up who he lobbied for, and where the money he is now spending on his campaign came from is not within his rights or within the law. At this point we are only left to believe that Dan Coats is wholly owned by Washington special interests."

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Are we supposed to place all press releases for all the candidates on the forum?

Seriously what is the point of this? There was no discussion, just a post of a press release. Hell doesn't Obama vomit up a few press releases each day out of Washington? Pelosi announced just last week that the House of Reps cafeteria got all new high tech "LED" light fixtures. Apparently they cost a lot of money today but will, via energy savings, pay for themselves over a 10 year time span.

Maybe Ellsworth has something to say about the cafeteria light fixtures? He might have a press release on them, or perhaps on Coat's lobbying income? Or maybe he has a question about the fact that Stutzman takes subsidies on his farm?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Are we supposed to place all press releases for all the candidates on the forum?

Seriously what is the point of this? There was no discussion, just a post of a press release. Hell doesn't Obama vomit up a few press releases each day out of Washington? Pelosi announced just last week that the House of Reps cafeteria got all new high tech "LED" light fixtures. Apparently they cost a lot of money today but will, via energy savings, pay for themselves over a 10 year time span.

Maybe Ellsworth has something to say about the cafeteria light fixtures? He might have a press release on them, or perhaps on Coat's lobbying income? Or maybe he has a question about the fact that Stutzman takes subsidies on his farm?

i dont see anything wrong with posting it. im still not voting for stutzman. but maybe some of the BLIND people who are still voting for Coats will see he cant be trusted. but i think they already know that, they just wanna make sure the republican machine keeps chugging along so they'd vote for OBAMA if he was a republican too. no joke. i think if you vote only because it says republican or democrat beside their names, you should be taken to singapore and legaly and publicly flogged

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    No I don't see anything WRONG with posting it.

But what is the real point? He didn't say anything about the release. So do we assume he thinks the release is SILLY or SERIOUS?

And how many other releases are going to be posted? Think about it, there are 7 people (that I know of) running for Senate in Indiana, 5 for the GOP, 1 Dem and 1 Libertarian. If we start up a new thread for every single press release they post then we will clog the INGO server with things that really don't amount to much more than political posturing.

JMO

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    How many hostetler threads do we have now? Where are the complaint about the number of them?

Probably 1 less than Behney threads. :dunno:

But I'm really waiting to find out who is going to be posting all the BATES press releases since he has almost TWICE the number of supporters as Behney has, but so far as I know, nobody has posted any BATES threads.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Must say that I agree with with Stutzman on this. Coats needs to come clean about where his money is coming from. So does Hostettler, who has also failed to file his CFR papers in the required time. Behney and Bates should also come clean. Looks like there are lots of republicans in this primary who are slacking off in filing the necessary and required paperwork that would insure transparency and honesty.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Again, if this was a post about your preferred candidate, which we get a LOT of from you, you wouldn't be complaining. I am now wondering if silencing those you don't agree with is what the man you keep backing is all about, and if perhaps I shouldn't vote for Stutzman instead.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Again, if this was a post about your preferred candidate...

Actually I'll respectfully disagree with your assessment on this. My point, if you go back to my initial comment was (and still is) that there was just a press release, no comment, not nuttin. And then I simply asked if we should all just be posting press releases for our respective candidates.

Me, I will gladly argue logic about this election. Many of my posts about this election do not even state the name of my choice but rather are logic based. Many clearly state what I believe. And many also state that I believe strongly that there are actually 2 excellent choices based on their positions but differentiates only based current standing.

But seriously, are we all now supposed to simply post campaign materials?

xd9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Must say that I agree with with Stutzman on this. Coats needs to come clean about where his money is coming from. So does Hostettler, who has also failed to file his CFR papers in the required time. Behney and Bates should also come clean. Looks like there are lots of republicans in this primary who are slacking off in filing the necessary and required paperwork that would insure transparency and honesty.

Thats why I like Stutzman. FULL DISCLOSURE!! Coats needs to come clean and where is Hostettler asking these same questions.. hummm maybe he has, well I'll end this with a ....

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Thats why I like Stutzman. FULL DISCLOSURE!! Coats needs to come clean and where is Hostettler asking these same questions.. hummm maybe he has, well I'll end this with a ....
    Hostettler and the others have the same problem as Coats. None of them have released their campaign finance reports, as required by law. Stutzman is the only one who filed on time and released his.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Again, if this was a post about your preferred candidate, which we get a LOT of from you, you wouldn't be complaining. I am now wondering if silencing those you don't agree with is what the man you keep backing is all about, and if perhaps I shouldn't vote for Stutzman instead.

This. I did a thread search using Hostetler. There were 7 threads on the first page alone started by melensdad. The hive mind here is for Hostetler and the quantity of those posts never get questioned. What difference does it make if the op comments on it? 90% of the comments just parrot the article anyway. I can't wait till November when the lesser of two evils crowd bashing Coats now tells us that we have to vote for Coats to keep Ellsworth out.

xd9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    This. I did a thread search using Hostetler. There were 7 threads on the first page alone started by melensdad. The hive mind here is for Hostetler and the quantity of those posts never get questioned. What difference does it make if the op comments on it? 90% of the comments just parrot the article anyway. I can't wait till November when the lesser of two evils crowd bashing Coats now tells us that we have to vote for Coats to keep Ellsworth out.

hornadylnl good point.. I have learned this statement too well "Dont Tread On Me"

The silent major has awoken, and some are not part of it. Thats ok, they will see.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    ^^ This. They'll be whining to get Coats elected, even tho Ellsworth has a better 2A record and was rated as an A candidate by the NRA in 2008. Personally, I'll be voting for Sink-Burris in the general election, regardless of who wins the gop primary. It is fun watching the gop cannibalism, tho. :D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yes, it's fun to watch the destruction of our country.

I think you totally missed the point. The GOP is just as responsible for the destruction of this country as the democrats. What's funny is the people who are arguing that there guy is less destructive than the other guy. What's happening here is that people are saying they'd rather have the clap then herpes. Those of us who say we won't stick it in either one and choose neither the clap or herpes are then blamed for causing the problem.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I think you totally missed the point. The GOP is just as responsible for the destruction of this country as the democrats. What's funny is the people who are arguing that there guy is less destructive than the other guy. What's happening here is that people are saying they'd rather have the clap then herpes. Those of us who say we won't stick it in either one and choose neither the clap or herpes are then blamed for causing the problem.

No- I got the point, and I agree with it. I just don't like the fact that this whole country is going to hell, and I don't get how some would enjoy the sight of it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    No- I got the point, and I agree with it. I just don't like the fact that this whole country is going to hell, and I don't get how some would enjoy the sight of it.
    Find someone here at INGO who would delight in that. I've seen that accusation cast out there before, but I've yet to see anyone calling for it. No-one wants chaos. I do like watching the gop and dems eat each other, tho. That's good tv.

Top Bottom