• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    I was wondering what will happen if martial law was enacted nationally. Locking down 300 million people would be a hard task to do. I believe the rural areas will be cut off from the cities which will be locked down. Those in rural areas will not be able to get to work (if this is possible) or essential supplies unless you agree to stay in the city and give up your rights. Those in the city will not be able to leave. I am not sure how martial law would work. Does anyone have any information that will be helpful?

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    Road blocks & curfew mostly.

The military is not about trying to control every single person & road, it is about controlling a few strategic locations with roving patrols. Think Iraq or any other war zone.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Road blocks & curfew mostly.

The military is not about trying to control every single person & road, it is about controlling a few strategic locations with roving patrols. Think Iraq or any other war zone.

Exactly. If necessary they'll set up command posts in likely spots, seize the most common means of transportation and supply (interstates etc) and use rovers to deal with troublesome hotspots. I would imagine that any additional papers, ID requirements etc that might spring up to control the unrest would only be enforced once the local National Guard/police forces have reasonably firm control.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I can't wait till martial law. I plan on going to the armory and getting an M4, ammo, and a shiney new Humvee to drive around, maybe some night vision too! Then when we go out on patrol, all the guys with me will split up all the loot and we all go home!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    "control the unrest would only be enforced once the local National Guard/police forces have reasonably firm control."

HA Ha ha ha aha aha ahahha

I predict mass failure to report for drill

Depends on who is called up to control your area. We have many fine soldiers and many fine officers, but I would wager more than a few thugs would sign up to help with the enforcement duties if there were gaps in the ranks.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There was an old lady around New Orleans,
    Along came a storm but she had self defense means.

But when authorities came 'round,
    she was thrown to the ground,

and I think you all know what that means.

During such a mess, there won't be enough cameras to catch all the insanity. There were not enough cameras around when jbt's floated around Katrina's mess, and there won't be when the next fiasco happens.

When I think of martial law, I think of the Katrina incidents. It would be worse, of course, if there were nation martial law.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    Depends on who is called up to control your area. We have many fine soldiers and many fine officers, but I would wager more than a few thugs would sign up to help with the enforcement duties if there were gaps in the ranks.

"enforcement duties" would that include securing the first liquor store and whorehouse they came upon? A friend of mine lives 9 miles from 465 and I've told him he's my first ring of defense. Think red dawn combined with the rangers combined with deliverance.

I read a report (maybe fake) purportedly between two gubment functionaries bemoaning the projected participation rates amongst the military and police should martial law be declared. I believe NG members may secure at another location critical supplies which might be used by foreign or domestic enemies of the People.

As another poster has stated this would all be situational depending upon the "emergency" and whether said orders are deemed to be "lawful orders".

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Seeming to be older than most on this site, I want to say 2 words about the guard opening fire on unarmed civilians... Kent State.

prostate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    I used to live in the Philippines when they had martial law. There was curfew and people were not allowed to out at around 12MN till 4 am. If you were caught, you were arrested and were required to spend the night in jail and perform some community service. Police could enter your home without a warrant. Since most of the guns in the Philippines had to be registered, the government confiscated certain calibers. I forget the details of this.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Seeming to be older than most on this site, I want to say 2 words about the guard opening fire on unarmed civilians... Kent State.

Yup - Good point....also remember that questionnaire given new Marines during the Clinton admin....something like 60% said they would be willing to fire on an American Citizen who refused to relinquish their LEGALLY held firearm.

In reality, young Marines listen to Older Marines...not sure this would actually fly.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Yeah, martial law will fail miserably if enacted in a sudden manner. With people like me, many of you and the oathkeepers I think it would be a good opp to take the nation back. It's the slowly creeping slippery slope police state that we need worry about. Oh, and crack expo.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    Yup - Good point....also remember that questionnaire given new Marines during the Clinton admin....something like 60% said they would be willing to fire on an American Citizen who refused to relinquish their LEGALLY held firearm.

In reality, young Marines listen to Older Marines...not sure this would actually fly.

I'll need a citation on this one. I was a Marine during the clinton years and i don't remember any survey.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

That was the National Guard of the 60s. Most of those kids had little training and no combat experience. And let's not ever forget that there were activists in that crowd who were trying to get the Guard to react the way they did. Today's Guardsmen are better trained and have more experience - and their junior and senior leaders have seen combat. When we trained up prior to deployment, all of us had crowd-control training, which almost none of those Guardsmen had at Kent State.

All that says nothing about whether or not Guardsmen will obey orders to enforce martial law or weapons confiscation.

Top Bottom