• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    As I was leaving the Martinsville range this morning a large bird dove down, picked up a squirrel and then flew down the creek low and right past me.

I swear the bird was an Eagle. I know hawks & turkey vultures, etc. This was not them. It was clearly a white headed Eagle.

Anyone heard of eagles up that way?

nkantzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Rochester
    There aree alot of Eagles now in Northen Indiana my mom and dad have Eagles on there property in Logansport, was great to see them the first time. Im just glad that we are seeing more of them around Northern Indiana

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    They are hard to catch a pic of due to their speed. Unless you can catch them either on the nest or in a tree top hunting it's pretty difficult. But they are an impressive sight.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    There was a bald eagle hanging around IU a while back. It was sitting in the tree with a squirrel it captured.

Modhydro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Eagles in Morgan County

My kids and I have seen them heading from the range to Mooresville. They went to grade school in Waverly until a few years ago and used to see them regularly near Indiana 37 and 144.

They are impressive animals to say the least, especially when you catch sight of one diving down on some unsespecting lunch!

Steve

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Years ago Indianapolis Power and Light renamed the Martinsville generating plant to Eagle Valley Generating Station because of Bald Eagles nesting in the close proximity of the area.

IU's Bradford Woods is just West, North West of Eagle Valley and about 2.5 miles north of Martinsville.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Those eagles are nesting just off the lake at Bradford Woods but they use the power plant to hunt fish because it does not freeze in the area where the cooling water discharges to the river.

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    Saw a bald eagle Saturday at my house in Mooresville , it was huge. My neighbor said he saw him a few days earlier > Just hope he stays away from my chickens lol

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Saw a bald eagle Saturday at my house in Mooresville , it was huge. My neighbor said he saw him a few days earlier > Just hope he stays away from my chickens lol

What area do you live @ in Mooresville? I was a life long resident until moving between Mooresville and Plainfield 7 years ago.

The reason I ask is that my best friend lives just west of 267 south of where "new" 267 T's and there is a nesting Eagle that is within a mile of his house and they see it all the time swooping down to the gravel pits for food.

As much as I'm over there, one of these days I hope to see it, I always have my Canon XTi with me just in case.:D

euby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    West Newton
    I have them in the back yard, they are always sitting at the top of my biggest pines or way up in the air circling. Love their call.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    There is a nesting pair in the middle of the Ozark Fishery off of Cramertown Loop Rd.

6773121425_7bbd58511d_b.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Only one pic? With all the people posting about seeing one you would think there would be a few more pics. Maybe bald eagles are as elusive as a sasquatch! Come on guys, somebody get some pics of the symbol of our nation and post 'em!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom