• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Gate won't open for me. My check cleared. I still have a little day light left. What is going on? Sitting in the driveway first time this has happened to me.

Light on the scanner turns green but the gate won't open.

Last edited:

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Gate won't open for me. My check cleared. I still have a little day light left. What is going on? Sitting in the driveway first time this has happened to me.

Light on the scanner turns green but the gate won't open.

We have a downed powerline that cut off power to the gate motor (sensor is battery operated which explains why red/green lights still shown). Duke energy has been called and hopefully things will be back in order by morning.

Roger for the Board

Last edited:

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    We have a downed powerline that cut off power to the gate motor (sensor is battery operated which explains why red/green lights still shown). Duke energy has been called and hopefully things will be back in order by morning.

Roger for the Board

Just my luck, guess I should be glad I didn't get electrocuted. waaa:lmfao::thumbsup:waaa2

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    No joke...if you reached the gate you actually drove over the downed power line as it lay across our access road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark enough to not see a power line laying on the ground mixed in with branches and twigs, but not to dark to shoot. :D Yep I made it to the gate and back out.

Line must have been dead. I didn't see any arcs and/or sparks. I was fixated on getting in and shooting the gun I just purchased. Live (thru it) and learn.

TiMMaY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    Martinsville
    Martinsville Sportsmans Conservation Club will NOT be having the Jan 1 new member "gate wait" exercise this year.

We had virtually full renewal of our existing membership and the few that did not renew allow us to whittle down our numbers a bit closer to 500 families. Last year we intentionally went over that mark with an auction for 10 extra memberships that benefited local 4H Shooting Sports.

So, don't wait outside our gate New Year's eve, don't pull an all niter...no one will be there New Year's morning.

Sorry to those who were looking forward to possible new member admission. Maybe next year.

Roger for the Board

Thanks Roger and the Board for taking the fun out of my New Years day. I guess I am going to have to stay at home and play with my ham radio.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    As of this afternoon (Tues 12/29)...Duke Energy has restored the power to our club after a tree limb took it down 12/28. Gate now functions and creek water level is below the road....just use caution on the road as creek rises and falls quickly. I "think" the worst is past for now.

Roger for the Board

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    2017 membership renewal info has been mailed to existing members of the Martinsville Sportsmans Conservation Club as of Nov. 5th, 2016. If any existing members have NOT gotten their renewal packet by Wed/Thurs this week...email our club email address immediately: sportsmansconservationclub@yahoo.com

Renewals must be returned with funds and forms BEFORE Christmas when we decide if we have enough non-renewing members to hold a New Year's Day rush for newbies. We will post that info here on INGO and on our club website. We had virtually 100% renewal for 2016 and did not offer any new member spots 1/1/16.

Don't lose your renewal papers or you will lose your spot. Renewal dues for a family are unchanged from the past 5 years. $100 annually

Roger for the Board

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    gvbndgf
    giphy.gif

what the hell is going on in that pic?

Top Bottom