• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    With a mild weekend forecast, just a word of caution.

Our club roads are covered in 4-6 inches of snow. We do NOT plow the roads within the club during the winter. We do not plow primarily because it damages our gravel roads requiring a lot of re-grading and stone addition in the spring. It is usually no more than a week or two each year that is impassable.

As of March 5, folks ARE using the facility, but a 4WD is highly recommended to keep from getting stuck. What snow is there should melt in the next week of warmer temps.

Roger for the Board

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    BOOOO! Guess that answers what I will be doing on Saturday. Better yet, what I won't be doing. Rog, if you could report back once the roads and ranges have cleared some, that'd be great.

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Roger, can you shoot me a pm or an email? Tried to send you a message, but I haven't posted enough on here yet. Thanks.

maddogmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Was there Thursday evening to try out my new Sig 938 and to attend the monthly meeting. The Sig is awesome as anticipated, I dont think they had the meeting tho. Made it back to the range in my honda, was a little rough but made it. Really rough up by the clubhouse. Should be a whole lot better these last couple of days.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Was there Thursday evening to try out my new Sig 938 and to attend the monthly meeting. The Sig is awesome as anticipated, I dont think they had the meeting tho. Made it back to the range in my honda, was a little rough but made it. Really rough up by the clubhouse. Should be a whole lot better these last couple of days.

Glad you got back Thurs evening for some shooting, but Correction...we did indeed have our monthly meeting starting at 7 PM and YES, the area up by the clubhouse was pretty rough snow wise. I agree after the past few days getting up to 51 in Martinsville today, the roads have probably melted considerably...BUT, our roads tend to be shaded by the hills and snow melts slower than on the flats. A BMW had to be towed out last week after getting stuck...a slide into the creek as noted would really ruin one's day.

I plan to get out to the club by Wed. 3/11 in our 4WD Suburban and will update conditions here. Hopefully by Wed. latest the roads should be passable by anything and stay that way.

Roger for the Board

maddogmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Indyrog were you in the clubhouse ? I was there until 7:35 PM there was no one in the club house!!!!!

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Indyrog were you in the clubhouse ? I was there until 7:35 PM there was no one in the club house!!!!!

Are we talking the same Thursday??? Our Board Mtgs. are always the first Thursday of the month. So I was referring to Thursday Mar. 5. Six of us were in the clubhouse from 7 pm until about 8 pm. Since our clubhouse is only about 12 x 30 feet in size, we would be hard to miss!!! Maybe you were there the day before?

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indyrog Please send me a E-mail ? geomorton_mech@yahoo.com
    Ya, I failed on this too.

Roger , I figured if you sent me a pm, I could reply, but that's not the case. Just like this guy, we can't use PMs til we hit that magical 50 posts. (Admin should consider lowering that to 5 or 10)

can an you also shoot me an email instead? It's listed here thru the site. Thanks.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Club roads are now passable with 2WD vehicle (I have a Chevy S-10 with rear 2WD that usually can't get out of it's own tracks)...I had no trouble 10 AM today Monday Mar. 9th.

The warm temps over the weekend have taken the snow back considerably to two gravel tracks all the way back to the rear ranges. Just take it easy on the curves, Indian Creek is pretty cold this time of year!

Roger for the Board

Top Bottom