• ...and so much more!
  • Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I'm in.

Brown, I am looking into an option that was brought to my attention. However, I might still take you up on your offer. I will let you know in a day or two. Thanks!

We plan to stay on base now since it is not terrible expensive. But if you need a place to crash I will leave a key under the door mat.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    This from Unbridled Liberty (post #53 ... https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e-clinic-feb-11-12-2017-camp-atterbury-6.html) ... modify the details to match the current event.

RE: Civilian On-Base Lodging for this Event
    Shooters are eligible for lodging on base for this event. You will need to call and reserve a room and place a deposit with your credit card. You have your choice of a Premium (1-person) room at $30 per night, or a Deluxe room at $35 per night (double occupancy...on a pull out type sleeper for the 2nd person). A Deluxe room also gets you your own bathroom, as opposed to sharing a bathroom with another room like the lowly Premium people. The number to call is 812-526-1128. You may have to leave a message and they will call you back. When you talk to them they will ask what unit you are with. You will tell them you are a civilian and will be on base to shoot in the "rifle match" on February 11 and 12th. That should do it. The base campground is also open, and although the RV water hookups are shut off, the shower house should still be operable. I would confirm that when you call, if you want to go that route.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    This from Unbridled Liberty (post #53 ... https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e-clinic-feb-11-12-2017-camp-atterbury-6.html) ... modify the details to match the current event.

RE: Civilian On-Base Lodging for this Event
    Shooters are eligible for lodging on base for this event. You will need to call and reserve a room and place a deposit with your credit card. You have your choice of a Premium (1-person) room at $30 per night, or a Deluxe room at $35 per night (double occupancy...on a pull out type sleeper for the 2nd person). A Deluxe room also gets you your own bathroom, as opposed to sharing a bathroom with another room like the lowly Premium people. The number to call is 812-526-1128. You may have to leave a message and they will call you back. When you talk to them they will ask what unit you are with. You will tell them you are a civilian and will be on base to shoot in the "rifle match" on February 11 and 12th. That should do it. The base campground is also open, and although the RV water hookups are shut off, the shower house should still be operable. I would confirm that when you call, if you want to go that route.

I believe you should tell them you are shooting in a rifle match on November 4th and 5th this time. ;)

OK folks, the cut off date for getting registered is tomorrow the 27th. Don't miss out on this fantastic event to shoot nothing but qualifiers for a minimal cost compared to what the class cost that we hold out there. I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend. Hope you see you there.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    A memorable weekend for sure.
    Proof again to never pass up an opportunity to shoot at Atterbury if you get the opportunity.
    Hat's off to Rayne, YHJ and Hop for showing the rest of us how it should be done.
    Thanks to everyone that made this happen and see you at the next one.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    A memorable weekend for sure.
    Proof again to never pass up an opportunity to shoot at Atterbury if you get the opportunity.
    Hat's off to Rayne, YHJ and Hop for showing the rest of us how it should be done.
    Thanks to everyone that made this happen and see you at the next one.

Agreed, it was a great time with great people. I loved instructing, but spending time on a range with folks who are sorted out, leaving me to focus on myself without worry, is a real treat. I was sorely wanting to be there Sunday.

Thanks to Sharon and Astrid, Phil, and Huff for putting on the show.

Thanks to Malea and Huff for the loan of the service rifle and ammo. It was deliciously special (channeling Huff) to pick up a rifle ready to go, find my come ups, shoot a good score, and hand back a dirty wet rifle to go home for the day. Everyone should experience that very, very, special joy.

YHJ

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Agreed, it was a great time with great people. I loved instructing, but spending time on a range with folks who are sorted out, leaving me to focus on myself without worry, is a real treat. I was sorely wanting to be there Sunday.

Thanks to Sharon and Astrid, Phil, and Huff for putting on the show.

Thanks to Malea and Huff for the loan of the service rifle and ammo. It was deliciously special (channeling Huff) to pick up a rifle ready to go, find my come ups, shoot a good score, and hand back a dirty wet rifle to go home for the day. Everyone should experience that very, very, special joy.

YHJ

I can take no credit whatsoever for helping put on the show. That was all Huff,Sharon and her minions. I was simply told by Huff to relax and show up. YHJ, I agree it is something great to be on a range with folks who are sorted out and know very well what they are about. I will try and be one of them nest time:):

It was without a doubt a wonderful event and I got to witness my father putting hits on target at 400 yards. Very special considering all he had was a 25 yd zero and had never in his life shot at a distance more than 200 yds.

But ultimately it was a great weekend remembering a wonderful woman who I miss more than words can describe.

Top Bottom