Marvin Harrison may have shot someone?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    The sports radio guys keep referring to the weapon as a "Custom made, Belgian, .50 caliber semi-auto pistol". That's the PHYSICAL evidence they have and yet are reporting it all wrong, so I can only guess what hearsay stuff they have wrong.
    Just based on that, I will reserve judgement until more comes out.
    So far, the story has changed a few times, even in such "small details" as the location, witnesses, and who was involved.

Last edited:

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I heard the sports guys on 1260 around 6 this eve saying(and I paraphrase);

"We thought we knew a lot about Marvin Harrison. We knew about #88 running down the sideline. We knew about all his touchdowns. But we didn't know about all those guns! The police reported that Marvin owned 25 guns along with some special Belgium gun! Here's a side of Marvin Harrison that no one knew. How could a Colt player have so many guns?"

Then a caller mentioned that they shouldn't convict the guy just because he had a gun. The caller said lot's of guys in Indiana had guns and that didn't make them criminals.

Needless to say the sports guys were stammering and apologizing, and said, "No, that was not their intent!"

They sure were not cutting Marvin any slack!

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    I'm behind Marvin until the news or police release some evidence. Its about a star football player not the facts for the news. That is way I quite watching the nightly news or CNN. Just don't let the Colts become the new Pacers.

ABolt243

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Shelbyville, IL
    By coincidence, I found this on the IllinoisCarry board a few minutes ago. Not sure if it was posted in response to this news but it sounds as if the NFL is not real gun friendly. Goodness, 25 guns!!!! Why would anyone have 25 guns??? I'll bet he had over 20 rounds of ammo too!!!!

Here's the policy:
    Guns and Weapons Policy
    This policy applies to all employees of the NFL and its member clubs, including players.

Prohibitions. Whether possessed legally or illegally, guns and other weapons of any kind are dangerous. You and your family can easily be the losers if you carry or keep these items in your home. You must not possess these weapons while traveling on League-related business or whenever you are on the premises of the following:

• A facility owned, operated or being used by an NFL club (for example, training camp, dormitory, locker room, workout site, parking area, team bus, team plane, team hotel/motel);

• A stadium or any other venue being used for an NFL event (for example, a game, practice or promotion);

• A facility owned or operated by the NFL or any League company.

Put simply, the League, the Players Association and law enforcement authorities urge you to recognize that you must not possess a gun or other weapon at any time you are performing any service for your team or the NFL.

Legal Possession. In some circumstances, such as for sport or protection, you may legally possess a firearm or other weapon. However, we strongly recommend that you not do so. Any weapon, particularly a firearm, is dangerous -- especially so when it is in a vehicle or within reach of children and others not properly trained in its use.

Understanding the Law. If you legally possess a weapon, you must understand the local, state and federal laws that apply. The NFL Security Representative in your area will help you get information about these laws. You should be aware that if you take a weapon from one place to another -- for example, across state lines -- a different set of laws may apply in the new place.

Discipline. If you violate this policy on guns and other weapons, you are subject to discipline, including suspension from playing. And if you violate a public law covering weapons -- for example, possession of an unlicensed firearm -- you are not only subject to discipline, including suspension from playing, but also subject to criminal prosecution.

Remember, be careful and understand the risks.

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    ESPN wont even acknowledge that this may have been justified self defense. The sports world is so out of touch with the real world..

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    By coincidence, I found this on the IllinoisCarry board a few minutes ago. Not sure if it was posted in response to this news but it sounds as if the NFL is not real gun friendly. Goodness, 25 guns!!!! Why would anyone have 25 guns??? I'll bet he had over 20 rounds of ammo too!!!!

Well, in all fairness to the NFL as an organization, look how many of their members are involved in shootings. It's practically an epidemic.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm going to do what I hope anyone would do for me and that is reserve judgement until all the facts are in. I don't know Mr Harrison but he has been saintly compared to other NFL recievers. (as far as we know), and I'll not jump to any conclusions.

Top Bottom