• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Oh no, he's no DB. I have already read somewhere that he was a victim of bullying.:rolleyes:

While being bullied doesn't excuse any behavior, it can certainly explain it.

Especially when bullying typically involves the entire class or grade targeting 5 or 6 individuals who are different or don't fit in. Pack bullying is much more popular than good old individual bullying.

You push a kid hard enough and long enough, and their already fragile mind is going to snap.

Most people aren't physically capable of making a good rational decision until their late 20s or early 30s anyway. The mind of a 16 year old is chaotic and overly emotional to begin with. You lump a bunch of consistent abuse on top of that and this is what you get.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    While being bullied doesn't excuse any behavior, it can certainly explain it.

Especially when bullying typically involves the entire class or grade targeting 5 or 6 individuals who are different or don't fit in. Pack bullying is much more popular than good old individual bullying.

You push a kid hard enough and long enough, and their already fragile mind is going to snap.

Most people aren't physically capable of making a good rational decision until their late 20s or early 30s anyway. The mind of a 16 year old is chaotic and overly emotional to begin with. You lump a bunch of consistent abuse on top of that and this is what you get.

I don't mean to downplay the effects of bullying. It's a serious matter. But how many of us 40 and over can recall the bullied kid in our class going on a murderous rampage? Is the bullying of today that much more severe, or are we raising children with less ability to deal with it?

The only reason people are not able to make rational decisions until 30 is because they were never required to when they were 12.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This is not a trait inherent to the human teenager. This is the effect of infantilizing and coddling them. The mind of a 16 year old is chaotic and overly emotional because that's what he (she) has been taught to be.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Franklin Regional High School stabbing spree leaves 20 people injured | Mail Online

Still better coverage than US papers.

article-2600608-1CF953A900000578-37_634x475.jpg

article-2600608-1CF6DA5000000578-524_634x831.jpg

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    This is not a trait inherent to the human teenager. This is the effect of infantilizing and coddling them. The mind of a 16 year old is chaotic and overly emotional because that's what he (she) has been taught to be.

He will learn in short order, and also far too late, that his days of coddling have come to an abrupt end.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I don't mean to downplay the effects of bullying. It's a serious matter. But how many of us 40 and over can recall the bullied kid in our class going on a murderous rampage? Is the bullying of today that much more severe, or are we raising children with less ability to deal with it?

The only reason people are not able to make rational decisions until 30 is because they were never required to when they were 12.

REPS for both!
    *edit* I'll get 88GT later. I am out.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As usual, the UK papers do a better job of covering US news.
    Franklin Regional High School stabbing spree leaves 20 people injured | Mail Online

kids taking selfies at the hospital
    article-2600608-1CF82AA000000578-325_634x382.jpg

While this young man is being a bit of a cad, taking a selfie, he did save a lot of lives by pulling the fire alarm which got most of the people out of the building and got authorities rushing to the school. The attacker did cut him on the arm. But he may have saved a lot of lives with his quick thinking.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

and libertarians get upset because I mention that too many Millennals are being babied and are lacking preparation for life.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    While this young man is being a bit of a cad, taking a selfie, he did save a lot of lives by pulling the fire alarm which got most of the people out of the building and got authorities rushing to the school. The attacker did cut him on the arm. But he may have saved a lot of lives with his quick thinking.

Kudos to him for his modern day "heroic?" action.

I just wish either him or one of his "bullying" buddies or one of the "bullying" teachers :rolleyes: could have found it in themselves to pick up a chair or broom or bat. Then went to town on the cowardly POS with the knives before he got as far as he did.

PS - Knives have a very short range.

Last edited:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    and libertarians get upset because I mention that too many Millennals are being babied and are lacking preparation for life.

Iirc the issue wasn't with the statement of "too many" but the blanket inclusion of the entire generation. You often have a good point but you fail in terms of exaggeration and hyperbole. You tend to link a huge number of people in with what is typically the fault of a minority, be it a very vocal minority at times.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Iirc the issue wasn't with the statement of "too many" but the blanket inclusion of the entire generation. You often have a good point but you fail in terms of exaggeration and hyperbole. You tend to link a huge number of people in with what is typically the fault of a minority, be it a very vocal minority at times.

No we are seeing it very widespread. The minority today are the kids who are not coddled, who grow up fast and make good decisions.

Look even the universities are complaining that too many kids are not being allowed to grow up by their parents. That their mothers are constantly on campus to deal with their kids problems. We see it in the military where the kids call momma because the drill sergeant is too rough on them. Then momma calls the congressman who has to investigate why the drill sergeant is being rough.

It is a bigger problem than many of you seem to realize. Just understand that 74% kids, 17 to 34, are so messed up that we can NEVER enlist them into the military. It is a big problem that we will pay for over decades.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    No we are seeing it very widespread. The minority today are the kids who are not coddled, who grow up fast and make good decisions.

Look even the universities are complaining that too many kids are not being allowed to grow up by their parents. That their mothers are constantly on campus to deal with their kids problems. We see it in the military where the kids call momma because the drill sergeant is too rough on them. Then momma calls the congressman who has to investigate why the drill sergeant is being rough.

It is a bigger problem than many of you seem to realize. Just understand that 74% kids, 17 to 34, are so messed up that we can NEVER enlist them into the military. It is a big problem that we will pay for over decades.

I agree it is too widespread. I'm not sure it's as bad as you think. I'm not sure how you come up with the 74% number or why you use "fit for military service" as an equivalent for "fit for life." What portion of that 74% is a result of emotional failing vs. minor physical flaws etc precluding service but that would be irrelevant in daily life? This is exactly what I was talking about man. You take something that's a problem, use random associated facts and statistics from who knows where that don't necessarily prove anything to connect the dots to create a global catastrophe.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Incredibly purple.

He is parroting the leftist language that gets spouted off every single time a gun is used in any manner.
    Insert the word gun for knife in his paragraph and it becomes perfectly clear.

I think the knife guy was typing in invisible purple, too. LOL

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville

First, source for your stats? Second, seeing it more widespread? We have a 24 hour news cycle and a larger population. Of course you see more occurrences that support your viewpoint. You have to dig a lot deeper and do more research to support your claims if you care about any of us trusting what you're saying. If you just want to hear yourself talk and spout off about the damn kids today then keep going.

*edit* If we are going with the narrative that this generation is so screwed up then why don't we talk about how much worse the previous generation is for raising this one? How do you determine hooch is the greater evil?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

I was the bullied kid, and you'd be surprised how many are thisclose to acting out but don't.

I do think the bullying is worse. Do you recall the video of the kids that taunted and insulted the woman on the bus until she cried? Imgaine putting up with that all day every day for 180 days a year for 12 years.

Are kids unable to cope today? Sure, the decline in active church participation means that people of all ages, one, don't have a higher authority to answer to, and two, have no everlasting hope on which to cling.

I disagree that people aren't making better decisions simply because we coddle too much. Young people making bad decisions has always been around. Only maturity and wisdom, which come with age, experience, and strong character, will allow you to make good decisions.

Now, some people never grow up, and this isn't really new either.

Top Bottom