• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I've seen the hookers on Rt 12, 20 and Broadway.
    So, I'm figuring, there's gotta be something higher class than that.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Anybody signed up for this? I have the time and money set aside, but was sorta waiting on the weather. Rochester is a smooth hour and a half in decent weather, but it can be ugly during the winter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sticker shock can be found in the training world. One must do their research and make decisions wisely.

How much should an instructor charge one student for knowledge that they acquired over the years and spent a lot of blood sweat and toil to accumulate?

A highly trained/experienced HVAC tech makes more than this. You pay for the knowledge. The product is not a visual.
    Money well spent in a proper training environment.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What is the content of the Mag-20 class. Where are the prerequisites for attending? What does one need to know before attending?

MAG-20 / Classroom - Armed Citizen's Rules of Engagement - Massad Ayoob Group

[FONT=&quot]A two-day, 20-hour immersion course in rules of engagement for armed law-abiding private citizens, emphasizing legal issues, tactical issues, and aftermath management. Topics will include interacting with suspects, witnesses, responding police officers…threat recognition and mind-set…management of social and psychological aftermath after having had to use lethal force in defense of self or others…and preparing beforehand for legal repercussions and minimizing exposure to them. Situations in the home, at the place of business, or “on the street” will all be covered.[/FONT]

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I mean I personally, as a qualified HVAC tech, wouldn't do a job for that.

If you were just doing a install (labor only) and you had 20 people each paying you $400 you would. That's the way you have to look at it. I have taken a class with Mas (Mag 40) and it was well worth the money.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Me either. But X's how many students makes it a bit better I guess.
    I think folks tend to forget the logistics of a traveling instructor as well. Flights, rental cars, hotels, restaurants, etc take a bite out of the 'take'. Then for a normal "non-charity" shoot, the host facility gets paid and probably gets a few slots for free. For shooting classes, the consumables of targets, ammo used in demonstrations, etc. If the trainer is of any size, he probably has at least a secretary running the back end of booking, coordinating logistics, etc.

There's a lot of overhead for traveling trainers.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

MAG-20 / Classroom - Armed Citizen's Rules of Engagement - Massad Ayoob Group

[FONT=&amp]A two-day, 20-hour immersion course in rules of engagement for armed law-abiding private citizens, emphasizing legal issues, tactical issues, and aftermath management. Topics will include interacting with suspects, witnesses, responding police officers…threat recognition and mind-set…management of social and psychological aftermath after having had to use lethal force in defense of self or others…and preparing beforehand for legal repercussions and minimizing exposure to them. Situations in the home, at the place of business, or “on the street” will all be covered.[/FONT]

thanks.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I think folks tend to forget the logistics of a traveling instructor as well. Flights, rental cars, hotels, restaurants, etc take a bite out of the 'take'. Then for a normal "non-charity" shoot, the host facility gets paid and probably gets a few slots for free. For shooting classes, the consumables of targets, ammo used in demonstrations, etc. If the trainer is of any size, he probably has at least a secretary running the back end of booking, coordinating logistics, etc.

There's a lot of overhead for traveling trainers.
    Not to mention that the knowledge, wisdom and expertise they are transmitting did not come free or easy. Sometimes I am amazed at the folks who want an instructor to teach them everything in 2 hours and do it for $29.95 as though it was mail order junk they were getting.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I host classes out of Rochester. If you tell the Super 8 you are taking a class at Sand Burr you can get a lower rate when you call. I want to say it is right around $65? Don't quote me, but that is usually where our students stay.

Top Bottom