• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Good stuff in this thread. Something to add however, if placing first is not important in the games, there is no rule against shooting them with actual Real street carry equipment. Exception may be pocket carry or shoulder, cross or ankle in some sports. Back in 97 IDPA leaned this way but the masses have turned it into a game where most of the shooters have to suit up and trick their equipment.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Good stuff in this thread. Something to add however, if placing first is not important in the games, there is no rule against shooting them with actual Real street carry equipment. Exception may be pocket carry or shoulder, cross or ankle in some sports. Back in 97 IDPA leaned this way but the masses have turned it into a game where most of the shooters have to suit up and trick their equipment.

Good point. The founding fathers of the sport broke away from another "practical" sport to create IDPA, a defensive scenario based sport. In the 16 years that I have been shooting it, it has become something that it was not initially intended to be.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Good point. The founding fathers of the sport broke away from another "practical" sport to create IDPA, a defensive scenario based sport. In the 16 years that I have been shooting it, it has become something that it was not initially intended to be.

My brother started shooting IDPA as what you would probably call a purist. Regular, everyday gear. Then he got caught up in the gaming aspect and now in his words, he "games" it. I don't know much about it so I don't know how he does that.

I think his equipment for the most part is fairly factory. I do know he is trying to move up the classification with each division if I have my terminology right. I believe he is Expert with all of the different guns now. He rotates each season with a different firearm. But he's not running optics or any fancy, custom open gun if they even have this in IDPA. Seem prevalent in the USPSA videos I watch. Those dudes have some trick looking stuff!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    If civil unrest come to our homefront I will be gaming that situation. Not going with stock. I will be shooting the guns that give me the biggest advantage.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If civil unrest come to our homefront I will be gaming that situation. Not going with stock. I will be shooting the guns that give me the biggest advantage.
    COACH!! Good to see you back in these parts!! How ya doin?

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton

It isnt the equipment Extended course walkthrough while airgunning and doing imaginary reloads. Thats gaming. I hope none of us are put in this situation.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I remember when we went to 8 RD mags in or 45’s and the R&D it took to get it done reliably. So many failures during that time that Revolvers could still place. Equipment is always a moving target and not always without consequences.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Eh, back to the "will get you killed on the streets" baloney?

I learned a lot about tactics and mentality in self defense classes. Learning how to run the gun fast and accurate, while not shooting myself or innocent bystanders came from the shooting sports.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    COACH!! Good to see you back in these parts!! How ya doin?[/QUOdTE]

I am hanging in there. Finished 36 days of radiation and chemo today. One week off and 3 more months of chemo is the next step.

I figure I am 20% through the process.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It isnt the equipment Extended course walkthrough while airgunning and doing imaginary reloads. Thats gaming. I hope none of us are put in this situation.

Most people count equipment as gaming. My post was about the gear would be selected by me if I was affored the luxury to choose gear.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

I am hanging in there. Finished 36 days of radiation and chemo today. One week off and 3 more months of chemo is the next step.

Hey!! Stop kicking me!!!--Cancer's Butt (2020)

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Hang in there man, I went through it last year. Was diagnosed May 19th came home from Chicago on Dec.7 it does get better.

Top Bottom